Windows 10: BSOD, changing error codes, usually after hibernation

Discus and support BSOD, changing error codes, usually after hibernation in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello all. Where to start with this issue? Ever since I ran the upgrade to Windows 10 coming from Win 7 I am seeing BSODs. So I decided to get rid... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by darkwhite, Nov 18, 2016.

1. darkwhite Win User

BSOD, changing error codes, usually after hibernation

Hello all.

Where to start with this issue?
    Ever since I ran the upgrade to Windows 10 coming from Win 7 I am seeing BSODs. So I decided to get rid of any Win 7 remains, bought a new SSD and did a fresh install. The old Win 10 is still sitting on another ssd but is only used whenever i notice i forgot to move some data.
    With brand-new SSD and install, the days of bsods seemed to be over, at least until recently when it started to become as bad as before.

Error codes change but are mostly either 0x0000001a, 0x0000007e or 0x0000012b. In most cases, like 9 out of 10, blue screens show up after booting from hibernate and only rarely during normal operations. I do like hibernate mode and would hate to switch it off.

I did the usual stuff, like ran memcheck multiple times (no errors), scandisk, updated all major drivers but I am still having these bsods. would really appreciate if some of the experts here at tenforums could please have a look at these issues and into the files attached: Attachment 110609

Thank you very much in advance.

:)

darkwhite, Nov 18, 2016

2. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE BSOD when computer is going to hibernate

Reporting back, after 3 hibernate cycles, no BSOD so far. Usually it'd happen every or every 2nd hibernate after fresh restart. I'm marking your reply as answer. Thanks again! You have saved me from a lot of headaches.

This thread can be closed.

PS: By the way, the driver that caused BSOD was the one came with Windows 10 installation, the bluetooth would be recognized and work fine with said driver, but it would cause BSOD when computer is powering down. So, you might want to take a look into that.

other Y410P owners running Windows 10, be aware, and make sure to update bluetooth driver after fresh install.

ManakaTakane, Nov 18, 2016
  3. Missing hibernate button

Thanks for the reply, I've actually solved the problem few days ago and because of that, I can't provide the error message in exact

I remember I've tried using powercfg.exe /hibernate on

And resulting in error because the hibernate file is corrupted and some error code, but i forgot the code

After searching, I found out the corrupted file for hibernate is hyberfil.sys file in C:/

After that I've tried to setting the hibernate off from command prompt(no error on this process), restart pc, resulting in disc check, and the corrupted hyberfil is deleted, and i can turn the hibernate on again

YusakAwondatu, Nov 18, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

You are at 10586 build which is the old Threshold2 release. Do you do image backups? If not I suggest you start, it will simplify recovery when trying different things. Macrium Reflect Free and an external USB hard drive are the best way to go.

Once you have that I suggest installing all updates, including the Anniversary update build 14393 then all updates after that until you get to the latest build which is 14393.447. Is there are BSODs then run DM_Log_collector and upload the zip file and we'll work on the problems with the OS at the latest level.

If things go to hell then use the Macrium Reflect Rescue disc you create the first time you use it, to restore back to the saved image.

Alternatively, do a Clean Install but use the latest available ISO which I believe is 14393 rather than 10586. Apply all updates until you get to 14393.447 then test.

Ztruker, Nov 18, 2016
  5. darkwhite Win User
    Hello again,

I updated to the latest build and hoped for the best. First everything seemed to be fine, but the BSODs are back now. I waited some more to present a nice collection of crash dumps. (Which I thereby present here: Attachment 112134)

Like before these BSODs happened after starting up from hibernation, a feature I really would like to use.

Thank you in advance for your help.

darkwhite, Nov 30, 2016
  6. Ztruker Win User
    Ztruker, Dec 1, 2016
  7. darkwhite Win User
    Thanks. Installed the newer drivers but unfortunately I am still having the BSODs.

darkwhite, Dec 3, 2016
  8. Ztruker Win User

Run DM_Log_collector again and post the resulting zip file please.

Ztruker, Dec 4, 2016
  9. darkwhite Win User
    Here we go: Attachment 112624

Thanks.

darkwhite, Dec 5, 2016
  10. Ztruker Win User
    Got some info this time:
    Code: BUGCHECK_STR: 0x139 PROCESS_NAME: boinc.exe EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000409 - The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application. This overrun could potentially allow a malicious user to gain control of this application.[/quote] Uninstall BOINC and see if that resolves the problem.

What version do you have installed. The latest beta version says it may be unstable.

BOINC

Ztruker, Dec 6, 2016
  11. darkwhite Win User
    Hello and Happy New Year.

Sorry for the late reply, first I had to go on some business trips and then I wanted to make sure I had it all checked out.

Bottom line: You're amazing, you did it!

For a couple of runs, I always paused BOINC before hibernation... no more blue screens at bootup.
    Next days I made sure to not pause BOINC ... and had the occasional BSOD at boot
    Now I let BOINC run dry so there are no more chunks to compute and just let the tool run as if it had something to do ... no more BSODs.

I do not think anyone before noticed the issue with BOINC (btw: I am running the stable version but will have to check for an update). So I do not know whether there is a fix for it, besides not forgetting to pause prior hibernation.

Thank you, you solved an issue that had kept bugging me for quite some time!

darkwhite, Jan 7, 2017
  12. Ztruker Win User
    That's good to hear. Take care.

Ztruker, Jan 8, 2017
  13. darkwhite Win User

Sorry... but I am back and still with issues occurring when starting from hibernation: Where before the PC showed BSODs the screen now stays dark and then restarts. This all happens right after turning the PC on again, before showing the flying Windows screen.

So far I only had two BSODs during operations but frequently the "stay-dark-and-restart" thingy I do not know how to handle.

Could you please look into it again? I already ran the tool for the log files: Attachment 118514

Thank you very much in advance.

darkwhite, Jan 24, 2017
  14. Ztruker Win User
    Two of the dumps indicate memory_corruption:
    Code: FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE (12b) This bugcheck indicates that a single bit error was found in this page. This is a hardware memory error. Arguments: Arg1: ffffffffc00002c4, virtual address mapping the corrupted page Arg2: 0000000000000bbd, physical page number Arg3: 0000000002326050, zero Arg4: ffffaa009f34b000, zero[/quote] You have four, 4GB memory DIMMS. You can run memtest86+ to test them or you can remove half and test for a week or so then swap memory and test again. Any failure under any of these test points to ram that needs to be replaced.

===================================================
    Follow this tutorial: MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

MemTest86+ is a diagnostic tool designed to test Random Access Memory (RAM) for faults. MemTest86+ will verify that:

• RAM will accept and keep random patterns of data sent to it
    • There are no errors when different parts of memory try to interact
    • There are no conflicts between memory addresses

Memtest86+ runs from bootable media to isolate the RAM from the system, no other components are taken into account during the test.

BSOD, changing error codes, usually after hibernation [​IMG]
    Warning MemTest86+ needs to run for at least 8 passes to be anywhere near conclusive, anything less will not give a complete analysis of the RAM.

If you are asked to run MemTest86+ by a Ten Forums member make sure you run the full 8 passes for conclusive results. If you run less than 8 passes you will be asked to run it again.

BSOD, changing error codes, usually after hibernation [​IMG]
    Note MemTest86+ has been known to discover errors in RAM in later passes than the eighth pass. This is for information only; if you feel there is a definite problem with the RAM and 8 passes have shown no errors feel free to continue for longer.

Running 8 passes of MemTest86+ is a long and drawn out exercise and the more RAM you have the longer it will take. It's recommended to run MemTest86+ just before you go to bed and leave it overnight.

Take a picture when done and post in the forum please.

Ztruker, Jan 25, 2017
  15. darkwhite Win User
    Thank you.

I ran memtest when I first posted here and had no errors even after multiple runs. Strange that the error comes up in the new logs. I will rerun the tests and let you know.

darkwhite, Jan 25, 2017
Thema:

1. BSOD, changing error codes, usually after hibernation - Similar Threads - BSOD changing error

2. BSOD, usually after hibernation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD, usually after hibernation: Hi,Lately I have been getting BSOD's relatively often. It happens almost guaranteed after the PC has been in hibernation mode. But, it also happens randomly through out the day. It has been very frustrating since I am very depended on my PC for work, and I lose progess...
  3. BSOD, usually after hibernation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD, usually after hibernation: Hi,Lately I have been getting BSOD's relatively often. It happens almost guaranteed after the PC has been in hibernation mode. But, it also happens randomly through out the day. It has been very frustrating since I am very depended on my PC for work, and I lose progess...
  4. BSOD, usually after hibernation

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. BSOD, usually after hibernation

6. Error Code 0x800704cf After Sleep and Hibernate

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error Code 0x800704cf After Sleep and Hibernate: ProblemI keep getting a dialogue after coming out of sleep mode or hibernate mode.What I KnowAll I know is this is a Microsoft error. Obviously at least 1 app is triggering this error, but I'm uncertain if this prompt is being triggered by multiple different software. To me...
  7. Error Code 0x800704cf After Sleep and Hibernate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error Code 0x800704cf After Sleep and Hibernate: ProblemI keep getting a dialogue after coming out of sleep mode or hibernate mode.What I KnowAll I know is this is a Microsoft error. Obviously at least 1 app is triggering this error, but I'm uncertain if this prompt is being triggered by multiple different software. To me...
  8. Error Code 0x800704cf After Sleep and Hibernate

9. BSOD as usual

BSOD as usual: Hello, I have once again gotten a BSOD. If anyone is kind enough to look at it, I would be pretty happy If you need, I have included 4 .dmp files from yesterday. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1NOzxu4jMK4ytSGR48-PpzaL0_lxS7S4V?usp=sharing Thank you...
  10. BSOD after hibernation

BSOD after hibernation: Hi Since the beginning of February, I have had periodic BSOD's particularly when the computer wakes up from sleeping. The minidump references ATMFD.dll and ntoskrnl.exe. I uninstalled my video card and all adobe software. I do not recall installing any software before...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Reporting back after 3 hibernate cycles no BSOD so far. Usually itd happen every or every 2nd hibernate after fresh restart. Im marking your reply as answer. Thanks again! You have saved me from a lot of headaches.