Windows 10: BSOD CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT playing any Game

Discus and support BSOD CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT playing any Game in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Constantly getting CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT, while playing anything. GTA V it happens 10-20 minutes of starting the program. CS:GO it crashes 20-30... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KKM, Jul 13, 2016.

1. KKM
    KKM Win User

BSOD CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT playing any Game

Constantly getting CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT, while playing anything.
    GTA V it happens 10-20 minutes of starting the program.
    CS:GO it crashes 20-30 minutes later.

I've tried analyzing the DMP files but they point to ntkrnlmp.exe.

I've reloaded the OS on the entire PC twice.

Chipset and intel drivers are from MSI's Support website. They should be latest.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

:)

2. windows 10 CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT

hi, my pc is fine, never been over clocked, but it is bringing up this error
    CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT when im playing a game, and it just says its repairing windows but it gets to 100% and never finishes, dfoes any one know how to fix this error?

opelcorsa2012, Jul 13, 2016
  3. Ramistrov Win User
    Blue Screen Error: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

Sorry for delay in response. See Speccy:

https://1drv.ms/t/s!Ahl_AbC3ESR9gnW-ON_vFdILD8y9

I have played the same game I mentioned in the original message excpet now it s the full release game and I received the following stopcode after playing for a few minutes this morning:

CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT

This did not create a minidump at all.

Ramistrov, Jul 13, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

As you said, not much info in the dumps.

Try running with Driver Verifier enabled, see if that shakes out something:

Driver Verifier is a diagnostic tool built into Windows 10, it is designed to verify both native Microsoft drivers and third party drivers. Driver Verifier's verification process involves putting heavy stress on drivers with the intention of making bad, outdated, incompatible or misbehaving drivers fail. The required result is a BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) which will generate a crash dump for debugging purposes.
    Machines exposed to Driver Verifier will run very sluggishly due to the stress being applied to the drivers.

Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable in Windows 10

Pay close attention to

BSOD CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT playing any Game [​IMG]
    PART TWO
    BSOD CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT playing any Game [​IMG]

and make sure the correct boxes are checked.

Warning:
    It is not advised to run Driver Verifier for more than 48 hours at a time. Disable Driver Verifier after 48 hours or after receiving a BSOD, whichever happens soonest.

Always create a Restore Point prior to enabling Driver Verifier.

What we're looking for is a BSOD with a mini dump that will tell us what driver caused it.

Ztruker, Jul 13, 2016
  5. KKM
    KKM Win User
    Well Running Driver Verifier my system BSOD but it did not or rather wasn't able to write a dump file, so I'm retesting again.

Edit: it's been 17 hours and none of my drivers have crashed I'm pretty sure now my PC is just screwing with me.

6. Ztruker Win User
    As the tutorial states, give it up to 48 hours.

Ztruker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT playing any Game - Similar Threads - BSOD CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT playing

2. Bsod: Clock_watchdog_timeout

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bsod: Clock_watchdog_timeout: Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online. - log v2 Windows 10 1909 18363.1016 I've upgraded my CPU to a Ryzen 3600, with new mobo and DDR4 ram to boot. Everything was fine for the first month or so, but now I got multiple BSOD of the...
  3. BSOD playing No Man's Sky : Clock_Watchdog_Timeout

BSOD playing No Man's Sky : Clock_Watchdog_Timeout: Hey, I'm having recurent Clock_Watchdog_Timeout BSOD while playing No Man's Sky. I tried to go through the MEMORY.DMP with WinDbg but it tells me that the dump is corrupted. Actually when the BSOD occurs it blocks on 15% (I let it there for more than an hour with no...
  4. CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT BSOD

CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT BSOD: Hello All, My computer has been experiencing BSOD's starting last week. The BSOD will only occur while I am playing a videogame and even then the time in which the BSOD occurs will vary each time. I could have just booted the game or have been playing for an hour. The error...
  5. BSOD CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT (101) While playing games

BSOD CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT (101) While playing games: Hello. Im getting this BSOD while playing games, randomly. Most of the time it happens late in the game session. I need to know if its a driver issue or a hardware-overclocking issue. My i7 4770k is at 4.7ghz at 1.29v, but it seems stable, besides Im not getting the typical...
  6. BSOD clock_watchdog_timeout

BSOD clock_watchdog_timeout: So I got this bsod CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT. PC froze at 30% while it was auto restarting. Added 2 more ram sticks and this happens a day after. Had issue with the ram's software (to control RGB). They are G.skill Trident Z RGB. Installed the software after adding ram, pc...
  7. CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT BSOD While Playing Hardware Intensive Games

CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT BSOD While Playing Hardware Intensive Games: Hey everybody, I've been struggling with this issue for a while, I thought I resolved it a few months ago but it has come back and I'm out of ideas. Ever since upgrading to Win10 at the start of last year I've started getting Clock Watchdog Timeout BSODs. After...
  8. BSOD while playing Civilization 6 , CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT

BSOD while playing Civilization 6 , CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT: Hello Everyone, I have been getting the BSOD lately. It has been happening when playing Civilization 6. The latest one had the CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT on it. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you! Tim 104590
  9. BSOD CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT (& Others) On Some Games

BSOD CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT (& Others) On Some Games: Hi, I've had Multiple BSOD's While playing (High End) games. While playing games such as GTA IV or Player Unknown i have had multiple BSOD, this only seems to happen on games that require a lot of power to run. I have played games like ORI & Blind Forest and Counterstrike...
  10. Playing any game (Clock_watchdog_timeout) and then (irql_not_less_or_e

Playing any game (Clock_watchdog_timeout) and then (irql_not_less_or_e: Hello, I am at my wits end. Originally while playing a game I started about 6 months ago I started getting Clock_watchdog_timeout bsod. Now it has progressively gotten worse to the point of I could only play a game for about 15min. It was doing this while I had Win 7. I...