Windows 10: BSOD clock_watchdog_timeout

Discus and support BSOD clock_watchdog_timeout in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I got this bsod CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT. PC froze at 30% while it was auto restarting. Added 2 more ram sticks and this happens a day after. Had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by aznboy, Apr 16, 2017.

1. aznboy Win User

BSOD clock_watchdog_timeout

So I got this bsod CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT. PC froze at 30% while it was auto restarting.
    Added 2 more ram sticks and this happens a day after.
    Had issue with the ram's software (to control RGB).
    They are G.skill Trident Z RGB. Installed the software after adding ram, pc froze couple times within 10 minutes. Had to uninstall and it was ok.

Can someone help me with the minidump read, thank you.

:)

aznboy, Apr 16, 2017

2. Multiple BSOD Problems (maybe caused by Hardware, Driver)

And another BSOD. This time "CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT (101)". I uploaded the DMP File to the Subfolder.

Abaddon287, Apr 16, 2017
  3. BSOD [CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT]

Still no change I think im gonna try to just reset my system and see if that fixes it

RussD.Edwards, Apr 16, 2017
  4. Ztruker Win User

Do you still need help with this?

If so, the first thing to do is uninstall the software and see if that makes a difference. If not then remove the new ram and see if that helps. If it does then swap in one of the new ram modules in place of one of the old ones and see what happens. Continue testing till you find the one causing the problem.

I can't see testing all the ram as it would take a couple days to test 32GB. Swapping and testing the ram is a better method in your case I think.

THe last dump only shows 16GB of ram, when did you add the additional 16GB, before or after the BSODs occurred?

Ztruker, Apr 19, 2017
  5. aznboy Win User
    BSOD happened after I added 2x8 gb ram.
    haven't got the bsod again until now.

aznboy, Apr 22, 2017
  6. Ztruker Win User
    Run dm_log_collector again and upload the zip file. Let's see if any new dump was saved.

Ztruker, Apr 22, 2017
  7. Ztruker Win User
    One new dump:
    Code: BugCheck 7F, {8, ffff8280938b7b30, ffff8280938ddb20, fffff800cd0602f7} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.sys Probably caused by : memory_corruption Followup: memory_corruption ---------[/quote] Code: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP (7f) This means a trap occurred in kernel mode, and it's a trap of a kind that the kernel isn't allowed to have/catch (bound trap) or that is always instant death (double fault). The first number in the bugcheck params is the number of the trap (8 = double fault, etc) Consult an Intel x86 family manual to learn more about what these traps are. Here is a *portion* of those codes: If kv shows a taskGate use .tss on the part before the colon, then kv. Else if kv shows a trapframe use .trap on that value Else .trap on the appropriate frame will show where the trap was taken (on x86, this will be the ebp that goes with the procedure KiTrap) Endif kb will then show the corrected stack. Arguments: Arg1: 0000000000000008, EXCEPTION_DOUBLE_FAULT Arg2: ffff8280938b7b30 Arg3: ffff8280938ddb20 Arg4: fffff800cd0602f7[/quote] Almost surely defective RAM. Try the RAM swap and test process I mentioned in my earlier post to identify the one (or two but probably one) module causing the problem.

Ztruker, Apr 22, 2017
  8. aznboy Win User

how do you actually test the ram? I used the windows memory diagnostic tool, didn't show any error.

aznboy, Apr 22, 2017
  9. aznboy Win User
    ok, removed the 2 new sticks. will keep you updated.

aznboy, Apr 22, 2017
  10. Ztruker Win User
    We recommend running memtest86+ but with 32GB of ram as I said, it would take several days to run a 8 passes which is the minimum recommended for a thorough test. If you want, you can remove the old ram and install the new ram then run memtest86+ overnight and see what it shows:
    ===================================================
    Follow this tutorial: MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

MemTest86+ is a diagnostic tool designed to test Random Access Memory (RAM) for faults. MemTest86+ will verify that:

• RAM will accept and keep random patterns of data sent to it
    • There are no errors when different parts of memory try to interact
    • There are no conflicts between memory addresses

Memtest86+ runs from bootable media to isolate the RAM from the system, no other components are taken into account during the test.

BSOD clock_watchdog_timeout [​IMG]
    Warning MemTest86+ needs to run for at least 8 passes to be anywhere near conclusive, anything less will not give a complete analysis of the RAM.

If you are asked to run MemTest86+ by a Ten Forums member make sure you run the full 8 passes for conclusive results. If you run less than 8 passes you will be asked to run it again.

BSOD clock_watchdog_timeout [​IMG]
    Note MemTest86+ has been known to discover errors in RAM in later passes than the eighth pass. This is for information only; if you feel there is a definite problem with the RAM and 8 passes have shown no errors feel free to continue for longer.

Running 8 passes of MemTest86+ is a long and drawn out exercise and the more RAM you have the longer it will take. It's recommended to run MemTest86+ just before you go to bed and leave it overnight.

Take a picture when done and post in the forum please.

Ztruker, Apr 22, 2017
  11. aznboy Win User
    aznboy, Apr 24, 2017
  12. aznboy Win User
    aznboy, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD clock_watchdog_timeout - Similar Threads - BSOD clock_watchdog_timeout

2. Help diagnosing potential HW related BSOD "CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT 101"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Help diagnosing potential HW related BSOD "CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT 101": Hi,I last couple of weeks, we are seeing BSODs on couple of our systems with our custom SW.We've seen this on both Win10 and Win11. With latest generations of intel processors e.g. Intel Core i7 1265U, Intel Core 13700K.It runs for 3-4 days, then it ends up with something...
  3. Help diagnosing potential HW related BSOD "CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT 101"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help diagnosing potential HW related BSOD "CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT 101": Hi,I last couple of weeks, we are seeing BSODs on couple of our systems with our custom SW.We've seen this on both Win10 and Win11. With latest generations of intel processors e.g. Intel Core i7 1265U, Intel Core 13700K.It runs for 3-4 days, then it ends up with something...
  4. Help diagnosing potential HW related BSOD "CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT 101"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do I fix CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT BSOD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT BSOD?: Hello, I'm using my own built pc running on windows 11 and it's been working fine without any issues for almost 2 years, since the start of this year i've been getting random bluescreens as stop code: CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUTI've searched this and tried tons of different...
  6. How do I fix CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT BSOD?

How do I fix CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT BSOD?: Hello, I'm using my own built pc running on windows 11 and it's been working fine without any issues for almost 2 years, since the start of this year i've been getting random bluescreens as stop code: CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUTI've searched this and tried tons of different...
  7. Consistently getting BSOD "CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT"

Consistently getting BSOD "CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT": Here's some information from NirSoft:Bug Check Code: 0x00000101Parameter 1: 00000000`0000000cParameter 2: 00000000`00000000Parameter 3: ffffe500`70a81180Parameter 4: 00000000`00000008Caused By Driver: ntoskrnl.exeCaused By Address: ntoskrnl.exe+416b00Here's the DUMP File on...
  8. Consistently getting BSOD "CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Consistently getting BSOD "CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT": Here's some information from NirSoft:Bug Check Code: 0x00000101Parameter 1: 00000000`0000000cParameter 2: 00000000`00000000Parameter 3: ffffe500`70a81180Parameter 4: 00000000`00000008Caused By Driver: ntoskrnl.exeCaused By Address: ntoskrnl.exe+416b00Here's the DUMP File on...
  9. BSOD Error Help - CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT 101

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Error Help - CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT 101: Hi Everyone,My PC crashed a few times this past month. Whenever I get a BSOD, I am usually using the Microsoft Edge browser. Though this could be a coincidence. In the reliability monitor, the "Killer DBWM" service stops working every day. I ran DISM and SFC and did a memory...
  10. BSOD Error Help - CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT 101

BSOD Error Help - CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT 101: Hi Everyone,My PC crashed a few times this past month. Whenever I get a BSOD, I am usually using the Microsoft Edge browser. Though this could be a coincidence. In the reliability monitor, the "Killer DBWM" service stops working every day. I ran DISM and SFC and did a memory...