Windows 10: BSOD constant crashing on Alienware M17xR3 new Win 10 update

Discus and support BSOD constant crashing on Alienware M17xR3 new Win 10 update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Like many others, I am getting BSOD crashes after updating to Windows 10. They are happening constantly and I am getting multiple different error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ZombieTrev, Aug 1, 2015.

1. BSOD constant crashing on Alienware M17xR3 new Win 10 update

Like many others, I am getting BSOD crashes after updating to Windows 10. They are happening constantly and I am getting multiple different error codes.

I have downloaded the DM Log Collector and ran it in safe mode. I am new to this so if I have done anything wrong, please advise.

Thanks in advance, Trevor

PS if more information is required, please let me know.

Attachment 27731

:)

ZombieTrev, Aug 1, 2015

2. Win 7HP x64 to Win10 Display black after 30/45 seconds

Original title: Win 7HP x64 to Win10

Computer upgraded to Win 10 WITHOUT my permission. Display black after 30/45 seconds. TRIED ALL the T/S steps. NOT the drivers !! Finally figured out it wouldn't roll back to previous OS, had to reinstall NEW Win7 (thanks so much) .......

So .... Are you going to fix this problem ??

Dell Alienware M17XR3

Again, thanks so much .....

Tom

TomRobinson2374, Aug 1, 2015
  3. CHS67 Win User
    Wifi Driver install failed. "MSI file cannot be found."

After a recent Win10x64 update, my wifi adapter began having issues connecting to the internet. I get a connect to the Router, but not to the internet.

New driver is not available so I tried to re-load the current WLAN driver. All files extracted successfully, but got this "MSI file cannot be found."

This is just one of a series of "WHAT??!!" events since migrating to WIN 10. If this **** continues, I am moving back to WIN7.

AlienWare M17xR3, All Win10 and manufacturer updates installed.

CHS67, Aug 1, 2015
  4. derekimo Win User

BSOD constant crashing on Alienware M17xR3 new Win 10 update

This looks like a conflict between the Killer network manager and your AV (Avast),

Code: BugCheck 1E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff800f13e3f74, fffff8032250bf88, fffff8032250b7a0} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for bflwfx64.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for bflwfx64.sys CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1 DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT PROCESS_NAME: AvastSvc.exe[/quote] Code: BugCheck D1, {1, 2, 8, 1} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for bflwfx64.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for bflwfx64.sys PROCESS_NAME: AvastSvc.exe CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1 DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT BUGCHECK_STR: AV[/quote] Since removing the network manager will most likely remove the driver, your best bet is removing Avast and run Defender and see if that helps.

derekimo, Aug 1, 2015
  5. Thank you for the reply derekimo,

I have just uninstalled Avast and activated Defender but am still having BSOD problems.

Anything else that I can try?

Thanks

ZombieTrev, Aug 1, 2015
  6. derekimo Win User
    Run the log collector again so we can have a look.

derekimo, Aug 1, 2015
  7. Just ran it again. Here are the files

Attachment 27815Attachment 27815

ZombieTrev, Aug 1, 2015
  8. derekimo Win User

Still the same driver,

Code: BugCheck FC, {ffffe000841b5040, 80000001004009e3, ffffd000a6873270, 3} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for bflwfx64.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for bflwfx64.sys Loaded symbol image file: bflwfx64.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\bflwfx64.sys Image name: bflwfx64.sys Timestamp: Tue Feb 14 11:28:54 2012 (4F3AB5F6) CheckSum: 0001A6A6 ImageSize: 00157000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote] I don't see an updated driver for that either,

Product Support | Dell US

Try removing this startup program from starting with windows,

Code: Qualcomm Atheros Killer Network Manager C:\PROGRA~1\QUALCO~1\KILLER~1\KILLER~1.EXE -minimized Public[/quote] The driver being flagged is the bandwidth monitor driver which is part of the network manager software.

derekimo, Aug 1, 2015
  9. Am I correct in presuming that if I prevent the Killer Network Manager from starting then I will not be able to get online?

*EDIT*

I have disabled Killer Network Manager from opening on startup but still getting the errors *Sad

I am now off to the cinema so can not upload another log file until I get back but is there anything else that I can try once I get home?

I really need to get this sorted asI have a short film to edit. Thanks for all of your help.

*ANOTHER EDIT*

Just got in. Here are the new files. Cheers

Attachment 27916

ZombieTrev, Aug 1, 2015
  10. derekimo Win User
    When you edit a post there is no notification so just make a new post.

Your latest two dumps show the Avast driver,

Code: BugCheck D1, {ffffffff00000000, 2, 0, fffff801434668d1} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for aswStm.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for aswStm.sys[/quote] Did you reinstall it? Uninstall it using the uninstall tool,

Avast Uninstall Utility | Download aswClear for Avast Removal

derekimo, Aug 2, 2015
  11. When deleting the first time, I clicked uninstall Avast in the Avast folder option from the start menu.

I didn't reinstall it, but I am guessing that it did not fully uninstall? Anyway, I have now ran the Avast Uninstall Utility that you linked me to, but am still getting BSOD. Will post the logs again below.

I also just searched for Avast in drive C and got about 40 results. Should I delete everything in the search results?

Attachment 28024

Attachment 28025

ZombieTrev, Aug 2, 2015
  12. Being not too good at waiting, I tried a few things myself and THINK I have got it working after a complete fresh clean install *Smile

I completely wiped everything and formatted every partition on every drive on my laptop and then used a usb stick to install Windows 10. To my surprise, it installed perfectly first try without me having to find any drivers whatsoever!

It found the internet without the need for the Killer Network Manager so I have chosen not to go anywhere near that.

The problem is though that when installing, it asked me for my Win 10 product key... I entered the product key on the bottom of my laptop which is used to fresh install Win 7, but that did not work so I just clicked 'skip this step'... I presume that this means I am only running a trial and that after X days, I will face further problems? Is there any way of fixing this?

ZombieTrev, Aug 2, 2015
  13. derekimo Win User

That's probably what I would have done too, at least it fixed it.

If your initial install was the free upgrade, it should recognize your computer for the clean install. Does it show activated?

derekimo, Aug 3, 2015
  14. I just checked and yes, it does show as activated. I thought that as I formatted everything, it would not recognise that it was an upgrade, but somehow it has *Smile

Thank you for your help. I will now mark this as solved *Smile

ZombieTrev, Aug 3, 2015
  15. derekimo Win User
    You're welcome, glad you got it sorted. *Smile

derekimo, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD constant crashing on Alienware M17xR3 new Win 10 update - Similar Threads - BSOD constant crashing

2. Constant BSOD errors Win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Constant BSOD errors Win 10: Hello, Lately I have been encountering constant various BSOD errors on my Dell G5 5587 laptop.I have tried all the methods to verify system files to no avail.These errors are even persisting after clean Windows 10 install.I have tried installing both newest drivers and laptop...
  3. Constant BSOD errors Win 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Constant BSOD errors Win 10: Hello, Lately I have been encountering constant various BSOD errors on my Dell G5 5587 laptop.I have tried all the methods to verify system files to no avail.These errors are even persisting after clean Windows 10 install.I have tried installing both newest drivers and laptop...
  4. Constant Win 10 updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant Win 10 updates: Today I finally solved the problems of Win 10 trying to make me update to a bigger laptop than my 32GB emmc Acer. I bought a Chromebook & am wiping Windows on my old laptop & relacing it with Linux.So it's goodbye to Windows bloatware & constant wrecking of my laptop. Why...
  5. Constant crashing on Win 10

Constant crashing on Win 10: I recently got a Win10 computer. Since I started using it, I've been getting BSODs at a rate of 2-3 per day. It's exhausting. I turned on the verifier and uploaded the dump files here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ag13shfS4PUmfBVSJOWKYZb2zqM?e=GJAwXh If anyone can help, I'd be...
  6. Constant Random Crashes Win 10

Constant Random Crashes Win 10: I'm hoping someone can help me. I'm getting constant crashes and BSOD's with a newly built system. Specs --- Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix B450-F ASUS Rog Strix X570-F has also been tested with no success CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 RAM: Corsair Vengeance...
  7. new computer constantly crashing to BSOD

new computer constantly crashing to BSOD: My brand new custom pc has been crashing into BSOD since something like 3 days ago and some of the errors it presented were: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, MEMORY_MANAGEMENT and, after performing driver verifier,...
  8. Win 10 backgroundTaskHost.exe crashed - Constant BSOD when idle

Win 10 backgroundTaskHost.exe crashed - Constant BSOD when idle: Hi, Ever since i have purchased my computer a few months ago i'm having BSODs They can occur between every couple of days and a couple of times per day if left idle and perhaps plugged. Most commonly when idle i come back to the BSOD with error:...
  9. shockwave crashes constantly win 10

in Browsers and Email
    shockwave crashes constantly win 10: any web site that has some scrolling crashs my schockwave is there some reason. I have re installed still problem. any help be appreciated 51639
  10. New Win 10 Install: Constant BSODs

New Win 10 Install: Constant BSODs: Hi all, I installed windows 10 on a brand new system I just built, and I'm getting constant BSODs. Initially I'll get a "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA" or ÏRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL". The system will reboot and give me a "MEMORY_MANAGEMENT"error on startup, and keep doing it...