Windows 10: BSOD continue after clean install W10, Graphc's card?

Discus and support BSOD continue after clean install W10, Graphc's card? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Are my BSOD graphic's card related? I am still having daily BSOD since the clean install of Windows 10 home. The dump files indicate it is a Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by transmaster, Jun 30, 2016.

1. BSOD continue after clean install W10, Graphc's card?

Are my BSOD graphic's card related? I am still having daily BSOD since the clean install of Windows 10 home. The dump files indicate it is a Windows driver issue interacting in a bogus way with another non windows driver. The AMD forum mention the Radeon R9 380 graphic cards as having issues with Windows 10 here is the dump file can you tell if this is what the problem is. I am being to wonder if I made a mistake going to an Radeon card, I have always used Nvidia.

I did re-install a old GT-640 Nvidia card I have which is still supported and even with the latest drivers dated from June 2016 it was repeated BSOD which is why I replaced it to begin with.

Attachment 87710

:)

transmaster, Jun 30, 2016

2. BSOD with the error Video_TDR_Failure (NVLDDMKM.SYS) with NVIDIA 630M and windows 10

Same here with a Toshiba Qosmio X300 Nvidia GF 9800M GTX 1GB, upgrade from Windows 8.1 to W10.

With W8.1 no pb, driver 341.44. With W10 M$ installed 341.74 and gives this BSOD. Installed W8.1 driver 341.44 and W10 works without ANY BSOD. Was difficult to install because BSOD came very fast after boot.

Hope M$ will find a solution.

EricMottier, Jun 30, 2016
  3. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

I have tried the driver verification method and it continuously in loop and got even worse and the bsod didn't even let it to verify it. somehow I got the restore to previous stage and bsod continued to for two days and now I don't even see a bsod after
    I cleaned my pc with AVG.

invinciblenag, Jun 30, 2016
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

BSOD continue after clean install W10, Graphc's card?

At this point we cannot say that your issue is graphics card elated; but it seems to be memory related.
    Code: BugCheck A, {170, 2, 0, fffff803d6e49801} Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiGetFreeOrZeroPage+41 ) Followup: MachineOwner ---------[/quote] It may be the memory hardware (RAM) is failing itself, or it may be some driver is passing bad information to the memory. We need to check both the possibilities, but one by one.

At first, disable XMP. Let the RAM run at its base speed, 1333 MHz.
    If it yields a BSOD at 1333 MHz RAM speed, test your RAM modules for possible errors.MemTest86+ - Test RAM Run memtest86+ for at least 8 consecutive passes.

If it start showing errors/red lines, stop testing. A single error is enough to determine that something is going bad there.
    Take a camera snap of the memtest86+ window before closing the program. Let us see it.
    Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Ten Forums - Windows 10 Forums

It will lead us to decide our next step.

5. Per your advice in an earlier thread I have disabled XMP, the clock speed is set at 1333 MHz. I have run MemTest86 for 7 passes after a 26 hour run with no faults. Yesterday I updated the BIOS to the latest version, I have not done so up till now as it only addresses some USB issues. This ASUS MB has been rather picky about the brand of DDR3 sticks it uses. I started with Corsair, not only no but hell no, went to A-Data who's timing was supposed to be a match made in heaven, and it seemed the work. Grrrr! Going to look at the ASUS approved memory stick list for this motherboard and see if there is a better choice. I suppose I could revert to one stick, 8 gigs, and see what happens.

6. Blast! after in reloading Win10 I forgot to go back into the BIOS and set the clock speed and disable XMP. Done now.

7. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Nice found and well done.

Let us know for any further issue.

8. BSOD continue after clean install W10, Graphc's card?

The never ending story. *Sad here is the latest crash dump. I have the driver verifier running I think I have it configured correctly this time.

Attachment 88272

I am beginning to wonder if I should change out my RAM for something else. This pair of A-DATA sticks are on the ASUS approved list for this board, and they have been nailed with Mem86 and passed muster. I freely admit that 16 gig's of ram is actually more than I need for the way I use this PC but RAM is cheap these days so why not. The A-Data sticks are the 3rd set I have installed on this MB. The other 2 where Corsair's they went down in flames (metaphorically) My fault they are not on the approved list

As for divers I was looking at the non-Microsoft list and there is not very many I have never have reloaded all of the stuff I had on board before the clean install.

Do you have a simpler way of opening a dmp file I was looking over what MS has for instructions and that is just too much work.

transmaster, Jul 3, 2016
  9. Had an out and out straight to restart no BSOD crash, I was running Picassa 3 at the time scanning the system. I think I got the DV configured correctly. I hope the report is in the attachment let me know if it isn't. I have disabled DV.

Attachment 88298

transmaster, Jul 3, 2016
  10. ARC
    Arc Win User
    This is the only way that works properly: WinDBG - Install Configure - Windows 10 Forums

So you enabled DV? Yes, it was done rightly.
    Code: Verify Flags Level 0x00000000 STANDARD FLAGS: [X] (0x00000000) Automatic Checks [ ] (0x00000001) Special pool [ ] (0x00000002) Force IRQL checking [ ] (0x00000008) Pool tracking [ ] (0x00000010) I/O verification [ ] (0x00000020) Deadlock detection [ ] (0x00000080) DMA checking [ ] (0x00000100) Security checks [ ] (0x00000800) Miscellaneous checks [ ] (0x00020000) DDI compliance checking ADDITIONAL FLAGS: [ ] (0x00000004) Randomized low resources simulation [ ] (0x00000200) Force pending I/O requests [ ] (0x00000400) IRP logging [ ] (0x00002000) Invariant MDL checking for stack [ ] (0x00004000) Invariant MDL checking for driver [ ] (0x00008000) Power framework delay fuzzing [ ] (0x00010000) Port/miniport interface checking [ ] (0x00040000) Systematic low resources simulation [ ] (0x00080000) DDI compliance checking (additional) [ ] (0x00200000) NDIS/WIFI verification [ ] (0x00800000) Kernel synchronization delay fuzzing [ ] (0x01000000) VM switch verification [ ] (0x02000000) Code integrity checks [X] Indicates flag is enabled Summary of All Verifier Statistics RaiseIrqls 0x0 AcquireSpinLocks 0x0 Synch Executions 0x0 Trims 0x0 Pool Allocations Attempted 0x0 Pool Allocations Succeeded 0x0 Pool Allocations Succeeded SpecialPool 0x0 Pool Allocations With NO TAG 0x0 Pool Allocations Failed 0x0 Current paged pool allocations 0x0 for 00000000 bytes Peak paged pool allocations 0x0 for 00000000 bytes Current nonpaged pool allocations 0x0 for 00000000 bytes Peak nonpaged pool allocations 0x0 for 00000000 bytes[/quote] But the outcome is not any fruitful.
    Code: BugCheck 19, {25, 3, 2, ffffc001877ac3d0} Probably caused by : Pool_Corruption ( nt!ExDeferredFreePool+654 ) Followup: Pool_corruption ---------[/quote] No information about any failing driver at all, even at the deepest level of seh.
    Same for the previous one, too.
    Code: BugCheck 154, {ffffe000bdde0000, ffffd0017e0ec6a0, 0, 0} Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!B_TREE<_SM_PAGE_KEY,ST_STORE<SM_TRAITS>::_ST_PAGE_ENTRY,4096,NP_CONTEXT>::BTreeSehResultDeref+3b ) Followup: MachineOwner ---------[/quote] Till now we see that:
    Now, we can only blame the hardware for the issue. Let us take some hardware level tests.
    First: Set all the hardware components to their default clock. Check the CPU and Grtaphics Card in the BIOS, set then at defaults.

Second, Stress test the Graphics Card using Furmark. Upload the screenshot for us. Also let us know if you have experienced any crash/BSOD and/or artifacts during the test.

Third, Stress test the CPU. Prime95 - Stress Test Your CPU It saves the result as a .txt file in the prime95's folder. Upload the file for us.

Check if the Power Supply Unit (PSU) supplying adequate power to the computer or not.eXtreme Power Supply CalculatorAlso let us know the wattage of the Installed PSU.

Is the computer hot? Report us the heat of the computer after a couple of hours of your normal usage. Upload a screenshot of the summery tab of Speccy. Alternatively, you can publish a Speccy snapshot too: Speccy - Publish Snapshot of your System Specs - Windows 7 Help Forums .

Let us know the results. You may post them one by one, or you may post them all in a single post. But try to make the posts as documented as possible.
    Also let us know about any further BSOD.

11. I am being to think it is my graphics card. The last BSOD looking at it with Whocrashed showed this:

On Mon 7/4/2016 16:21:19 GMT your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\070416-21421-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: atikmpag.sys (atikmpag+0x3ABF)
    Bugcheck code: 0x7F (0x8, 0xFFFFD001AD82FB30, 0x40000000, 0xFFFFF80031A83ABF)
    Error: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP
    file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\atikmpag.sys
    product: AMD driver
    company: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
    description: AMD multi-vendor Miniport Driver

I am updating it's drivers to the latest version which is a Beta Hotfix. I think I might have made a mistake not installing an Nvidia Graphic card I have used nothing else for about 20 years. I can tell you this I do not like the control panel setup on the R9 380.

transmaster, Jul 3, 2016
  12. Ztruker Win User
    I found this in the Event viewer log:
    Code: Event[3758]: Log Name: System Source: disk Date: 2016-07-04T02:38:03.412 Event ID: 7 Task: N/A Level: Error Opcode: N/A Keyword: Classic User: N/A User Name: N/A Computer: DESKTOP-LEAJP3K Description: The device, \Device\Harddisk4\DR4, has a bad block.[/quote] Looks like you may have a failing or defective hard drive.

BSOD continue after clean install W10, Graphc's card? [​IMG]
    HDD Test

Run SeaTools to check the integrity of your HDD.
    SeaTools for DOS and Windows - How to Use - Windows 7 Help Forums

Run the following tests

• Short Drive Self Test
    • Short generic
    • Long generic

If the short generic fails, no need for the long generic.

Note Do not run SeaTools on an SSD as the results will be invalid.

Post screenshots/photos of the test results

Ztruker, Jul 3, 2016
  13. BSOD continue after clean install W10, Graphc's card?

That does not surprise me, I have some rather old HHD's. I just ordered a Samsung EVO 500 GB SSD. When it comes on Thursday I will do another clean install of windows 10 using this as my boot drive. I already have a 250GB SSD that I had intended to be the boot drive but at the time that did not work out. Time to dust off Spinrite and have is go through these HHD to do it magic. I have a Corsair 750D full tower case and if I wanted to get really crazy I can install up to 12 SSD's in it.

Running Seatools right now in the long generic test run see what happens the "SMART" show things where fine.

transmaster, Jul 3, 2016
  14. OK the "J" drive failed the test. Will pull it out. It is one of my storage drives. Will stick in my external HHD stand and run Spinrite on it to see if it clean it up enough to copy it to another drive. Just ordered a new 1TB HHD to tranfer it's files too. I cannot believe how cheap they have become. $49.99. I remember when the first 1GB drive came out they where right at $1900 dollars each. At the time we here saying, "oh it will wear out before your could fill it," *Biggrin

Just disabled the "J" drive in the device manager now we will see what happens.

transmaster, Jul 3, 2016
  15. Ztruker Win User
    Well at least you got rid of one cause of problems. Let's see what happens next.

Ztruker, Jul 4, 2016
Thema:

BSOD continue after clean install W10, Graphc's card?

1. BSOD continue after clean install W10, Graphc's card? - Similar Threads - BSOD continue clean

2. Help!!! Many different BSODs continue after clean install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Help!!! Many different BSODs continue after clean install: Hi! I'm a little sleep deprived trying to fix this so forgive me if I'm sparse on some details, but I'll try to do the best I can. A couple weeks into using a newly built computer without issues, my PC has started to BSOD during games. Since then, it's even started to BSOD...
  3. Help!!! Many different BSODs continue after clean install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help!!! Many different BSODs continue after clean install: Hi! I'm a little sleep deprived trying to fix this so forgive me if I'm sparse on some details, but I'll try to do the best I can. A couple weeks into using a newly built computer without issues, my PC has started to BSOD during games. Since then, it's even started to BSOD...
  4. Help!!! Many different BSODs continue after clean install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. BSOD after clean installation

BSOD after clean installation: Hello all, So i installed windows 10 on new ssd , and it stuck into BSOD loop. Kmode exception not handled is code . Updated all drivers, still getting BSOD. In Safe Mode , it runs ok. OS build 19043.928 , version 21H1 182704
  6. Continued BSOD event 41 even after clean install of Windows

Continued BSOD event 41 even after clean install of Windows: I have installed new Windows and the drivers in the 3rd of March and the BSOD happened. I used Memtest86 and passed all test with no error. I also tried to put the power plan to never sleep and turn off fast startup. I also reseated the RAM and GPU yet the BSOD still...
  7. Continued issues after clean installing Windows

Continued issues after clean installing Windows: I've had issue with my computer completely freezing after an update 4-6 weeks ago. I can work on it fine for a while then it will randomly freeze or just completely turn off. Sometimes when I plug in a USB device it will freeze as well, but mostly it is very random. I bought...
  8. BSOD after clean install

BSOD after clean install: Hello, please help me out: 1. My PC was frequently rebooted after waking up from hibernate. I have disabled the hibernation, it starts rebooting from sleep. No BSOD, just reboot after 2-3 minutes of trying to wake up. 2. I have formatted my SSD and installed Win10 from...
  9. Clean install after upgrading to W10?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Clean install after upgrading to W10?: It appears that I have to upgrade install w10 to get the free W10. After that, is it possible to clean install the W10 in place of the W10 install upgraded from W7 or W8.1? 9204
  10. BSODs continue after clean install - hardware?

BSODs continue after clean install - hardware?: Hello, I previously posted here regarding a variety of BSODs I was getting on my machine which included various stop codes: usbohci.sys faulty hardware corrupted page kernel security check failure memory management After trying a bunch of things (including some good...