Windows 10: BSOD & corrupt files found

Discus and support BSOD & corrupt files found in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi guys, new here. Recently I've gotten 3 BSOD's within the past week, with the message "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JayTheSun, Jun 28, 2016.

1. JayTheSun Win User

BSOD & corrupt files found

Hi guys, new here.

Recently I've gotten 3 BSOD's within the past week, with the message "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info, and then we'll restart for you."
    I also ran the command SFC /scannow, which detects corrupted files but cannot fix them (not sure if this is related).

This happened when I was watching YouTube videos. The video would stutter a few times, then out of nowhere the BSOD appears and the computer restarts. Afterwards, it's as if nothing ever happened (until the next crash).

I've already searched for solutions online, but my knowledge with computers is very limited, so if you could direct me to what to do in the simplest way possible, that would be awesome.
    I'll provide as much details as required.

:)

JayTheSun, Jun 28, 2016
  2. Henri To Win User

Random BSOD-s with DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE on XMG P504 laptop

I performed the SFC Scan and it found a corrupted file opencl.dll which i replaced with a proper one. I ran the scanner again and it didn't show any more corrupted files. But the BSOD-s are still occuring.

I tried removing the battery and working only on the charger but the BSOD-s still occured.

Any other thoughts?

Henri To, Jun 28, 2016
  3. DanPetrache, Jun 28, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Troubleshooting a counterfeit installation is useless as it is not known what has been modified to your system.
    A counterfeit installation contains heavily modified code which causes the system to behave in unexpected ways.
    For this reason, analyzing counterfeit systems is unreliable and most analysts won't try it.
    I recommend to install a genuine copy of Windows.
    If, after you have installed a genuine copy of Windows, you still get BSOD's we'll be happy to assist you.

It is against the Forum rules for us to assist you while you are using counterfeit activation.

philc43, Jun 28, 2016
Thema:

1. BSOD & corrupt files found - Similar Threads - BSOD corrupt files

2. windows 10 found corrupted files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 found corrupted files: i just installed windows 10 on my computer and it was a clean install. after setting all things up updating windows, apps and drivers, i ran system file checker tool. it showed that windows found some corrupted files and successfully repaired them. so, is this a sign that my...
  3. windows 10 found corrupted files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 found corrupted files: i just installed windows 10 on my computer and it was a clean install. after setting all things up updating windows, apps and drivers, i ran system file checker tool. it showed that windows found some corrupted files and successfully repaired them. so, is this a sign that my...
  4. windows 10 found corrupted files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. SFC/Scannow found a corrupted file.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SFC/Scannow found a corrupted file.: Hello, computer games keep randomly crashing and computer gets BSOD a lot, this is a new build. I ran SFC/scannow and it said there was corrupted files, is there somewhere I can send the report to? I would prefer not to take it to a shop, but will if I have to....
  6. sfc /scannow found corrupt files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    sfc /scannow found corrupt files: Good evening, How to fix corrupt files that could not be repaired with sfc tool? I executed DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and gave me this error: "Error 0x800f081f, The source files could not be found. Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the...
  7. Found corrupt files (SFC scan)

Found corrupt files (SFC scan): Was on Win 8.1 and found nothing of the sort "windows did not find any integrity violations". Upgraded to windows 10 and boom "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them." Full DISM log: http://filebin.ca/2SEZKHF2uc6o 36138
  8. SFC Scan Found Corrupt Files...

SFC Scan Found Corrupt Files...: As the thread title states. However, my system is running and booting up as it should. This corruption has me concerned. Here's a screenshot of the CMD, after running scf /scannow. [img] I also ran the command, DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth Which...
  9. Alleged corruption found in the $Boot file?

in Windows 10 Support
    Alleged corruption found in the $Boot file?: I did a routine CHKDSK on my C: drive (SSD), in Windows 10, 64-bit. Got this beauty: "chkdsk /scan" is aborting due to corruption found in the $Boot file. "chkdsk /f" will be required to repair the volume. Thing is, upon repairing (required a reboot), the alleged...
  10. Found corrupt files but not fixed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Found corrupt files but not fixed: Hi there, I was having a problem with my start button on windows 10, so i decided to go ahead and do sfc /scannow. It said it found corrupt files, but could not repair them, so i went ahead and done DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth. This then said "Error:...