Windows 10: BSOD Crash: Driver_Power_State_Failure

Discus and support BSOD Crash: Driver_Power_State_Failure in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi everybody. So, I received a newly built PC last month, and since then it has been crashing on me repeatedly. The system is barely a month old, and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Sudhamshu Narayan, Dec 3, 2023.

1. BSOD Crash: Driver_Power_State_Failure

Hi everybody. So, I received a newly built PC last month, and since then it has been crashing on me repeatedly. The system is barely a month old, and I mostly bought it for editing purposes. But following a month or so, it began to to display BSOD errors quite often, sometimes during moments of intense video editing, which has lead to me losing hours of work. I am not quite well versed with the technical aspects of computers, so it would be great if you guys can help me out. On recommendation of other kind internet strangers, I looked into windbg and obtained a report from the minidumps of the

:)

Sudhamshu Narayan, Dec 3, 2023

2. BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

I sometimes randomly encounter BSOD with error "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE". I may encounter this error several times a day, but sometimes it may not appear in a day. I put here link to several dumps OneDrive

I tried:

1. Reinstalling NVIDIA and AMD graphics drivers using DDU
    2. Reinstalling Windows
    But problem still persists, please help

Alexander Makarov1, Dec 3, 2023
  3. KristenBg Win User
    BSOD- nt_wrong_symbols.sys DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

I've been getting a BSOD every time I try to play certain games (IE: Fallout 4, sometimes Sims 4, where others (Overwatch, State of Decay, etc) work perfectly)

According to who crashed:

On Sun 1/7/2018 8:27:59 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported

crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\010718-9750-01.dmp

This was probably caused by the following module: nt_wrong_symbols.sys (nt_wrong_symbols)

Bugcheck code: 0x9F (0x3, 0xFFFFAA0BC8DA0060, 0xFFFFF80394D0A7F0, 0xFFFFAA0BCBAEBB80)

Error: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

Bug check description: This bug check indicates that the driver is in an inconsistent or invalid power state. A device object has been blocking an IRP for too long a time.

This is likely to be caused by a hardware problem.

A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: nt_wrong_symbols.sys .

Google query: nt_wrong_symbols.sys DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

Dump file is located here: One DriveThese are my computers specifics (according to Speccy): Direct
    File

I would appreciate any help in determining the issue, thank you!

KristenBg, Dec 3, 2023
  4. BSOD Crash: Driver_Power_State_Failure

BSOD : DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

I have a laptop ASUS X550JK, I get the BSOD with DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE, it happens randomly, Before the BSOD occurs, I notice a rise in CPU temperature and the fan makes noise

BSOD Crash: Driver_Power_State_Failure gDUxQ.png

When I check the dump file, I get this :

BSOD Crash: Driver_Power_State_Failure 4w1fx.png

What I've tried:

1. I've tried to install Windows 10 with USB and CD/DVD Drive as
      well, but the same issue happened every time.
    2. I've updated all drivers (using Driver Booster,Driver
      Reviver
      and DriverPack solution).
    3. I've changed some Power settings.

NOTE: With Linux (Ubuntu 19.04 & Mint), everything works just fine, I've used Linux for 1 week, and I didn't face any issue with it.

Can anyone help me to get resolve this issue, I've spent a lot of time to solve it with no success

Mouaad Abdelghafour AITALI, Dec 3, 2023
Thema:

BSOD Crash: Driver_Power_State_Failure

1. BSOD Crash: Driver_Power_State_Failure - Similar Threads - BSOD Crash Driver_Power_State_Failure

2. BSOD Crash: Driver_Power_State_Failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Crash: Driver_Power_State_Failure: Hi everybody. So, I received a newly built PC last month, and since then it has been crashing on me repeatedly. The system is barely a month old, and I mostly bought it for editing purposes. But following a month or so, it began to to display BSOD errors quite often,...
  3. BSOD Crash: Driver_Power_State_Failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Crash: Driver_Power_State_Failure: Hi everybody. So, I received a newly built PC last month, and since then it has been crashing on me repeatedly. The system is barely a month old, and I mostly bought it for editing purposes. But following a month or so, it began to to display BSOD errors quite often,...
  4. Bsod: Driver_power_state_failure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bsod: Driver_power_state_failure: Win10 version is:10.0.19041 Build 19041 Had the above error 4 times. Have recently converted MBR to GPT, installed nvme drive (vertical slot) under (much needed) guidance from TenForums. Absolutely do not think any of the changes made are responsible for the BSOD; there...
  5. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE BSOD

DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE BSOD: Hi everyone sorry for my english, it's not my first language I have an HP laptop a bit more than a year and a half and about 3 months after buying and till this day I keep getting a DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE BSOD while gaming. I've taken it to the store I bought it from...
  6. BSOD Driver_power_state_failure

BSOD Driver_power_state_failure: Hi, I realy often are getting bsod with "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE" and can't figure out what is causing it. Hope someone could help me out. Below is an link in which i've uploaded the .dmp file and system info....
  7. BSOD - Crash w. Stop Code DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

BSOD - Crash w. Stop Code DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE: Hi, My computer has recently crashed a few times with the Stop code DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE. I have gathered some system info and the Minidump DMP files for checking, the download link can be below. Could you kindly help me highlight the reason for these blue screen...
  8. BSOD : DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD : DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE: I have a laptop ASUS X550JK, I get the BSOD with DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE, it happens randomly, Before the BSOD occurs, I notice a rise in CPU temperature and the fan makes noise, What I've tried: I've tried to install Windows 10 with USB and CD/DVD Drive as well, but the...
  9. BSOD (DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE)

BSOD (DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE): I updated my bios, it failed but my PC still works so here are the BSOD informations (these are different) : (1) IMAGE_NAME: pci.sys DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: f525018 MODULE_NAME: pci FAULTING_MODULE: fffff80059080000 pci (2) MODULE_NAME: dxgkrnl...
  10. BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE: My PC started to bluescreen a couple weeks ago. When I turn the PC on and I login its fine for a few minutes then bluescreens. It restarts automatically and I login again and its fine for the whole day... until I turn it off and on again the next day then it bluescreens...