Windows 10: BSOD Crash when in Modern 2016 games such as Fallout 4, and more

Discus and support BSOD Crash when in Modern 2016 games such as Fallout 4, and more in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've gotten BSOD when playing games and they happen on Modern games 15 minutes into playing sometimes sooner. I thought it was the drivers and updated... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by libernullmal, Jul 1, 2016.

1. BSOD Crash when in Modern 2016 games such as Fallout 4, and more

I've gotten BSOD when playing games and they happen on Modern games 15 minutes into playing sometimes sooner. I thought it was the drivers and updated as much as possible but still it does it. I've run whocrash and it comes up with something to this effect below -

Fri 7/1/2016 2:41:51 AM GMT your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\063016-28015-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: win32kbase.sys (win32kbase!GreUnlockVisRgn+0x48)
    Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF8036EA5CFE2, 0xFFFFD0008D9211F0, 0x0)
    Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
    file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\win32kbase.sys
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: Base Win32k Kernel Driver
    Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
    The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    There are more crashes but this is the most recent of the crashes. I've tried to close out of teamviewer as I've heard that effects games. I'm also using Steam for these games. I tried SFC scan now test and memory diagnostic test and didn't find anything.

This isn't a temp issue as I've ran the game along with speccy and gpu teak and neither show that they are only running from 38deg C to about 42-44 deg C.

I cannot think of anything else at this moment. I've tried reinstalling but it was to win7 as it did run with less crashing.. An when I updated back up to Win10 it didn't crash as much as it did previous Win 7 to Win10 which was almost random. So it has been fixed better than the previous installtion.

Thanks for any Help - Sean

:)

libernullmal, Jul 1, 2016
  2. Austin98 Win User

Games crash and strange things happen to the desktop in Windows 10.

I was playing Fallout 4 and left for about 10 minutes. I came back to see that my computer had gone to sleep which it normally does not do when running a game so I new either the game crashed or windows 10 freaked out for some reason. I woke the computer
    back up to see that the desktop icons, which had originally been sorted with games on the right and other applications on the left, had been randomly scattered across the screen and the volume icon in the bottom right has been partially grayed out and my network
    icon does not open like it normally did. Occasionally I will also have Fallout 4 get minimized and an error saying "Your system is low on memory - Cause of issue Fallout 4" however Fallout 4 was still running and I opened task manager to see that it was only
    using 3 GBs of Memory when my system has 16 GBs of memory installed. I use Fallout 4 only because I play the game a lot and that's where I notice these issues the most, but I have experienced these with other games as well, so Fallout 4 itself is not the issue.
    Screenshot of issue after crash below.

BSOD Crash when in Modern 2016 games such as Fallout 4, and more [​IMG]

Austin98, Jul 1, 2016
  3. Blue Screen on Pc while gaming

I recently bought a brand new pc to play games on, but when I play games like Far Cry 4, GTA V, Fallout 4 I get bluescreens. The error message is nearly always different ive had CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED, UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION. When looking at bluescreen
    view it tells me the file causing it is ntoskrnl.exe, sometimes their is a second file causing it but recently it has just been ntoskrnl.exe. I usually get to play about 15mins of the game then it bluescreens. Older games like Fallout NV, Dishonered, GTA IV
    run fine and dont crash. Please if someone can help please do

MichaelHall628, Jul 1, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

BSOD Crash when in Modern 2016 games such as Fallout 4, and more

The 6/30 9:05PM dump points to xusb22.sys dated 10/30/2015. This belongs to the Microsoft Xbox 360 Common Controller for Windows Driver.
    There is an updated driver 6/26/2016 from MS in the upcoming Redstone release scheduled for August 4th I believe.

I don't know if this driver is the actual cause of a problem as normally MS files are not. Usually something else is the actual culprit. In this case I wonder since the XBOX support is still fairly new. Also I don't see anything in any of the dumps I've looked at that point to anything else.

Nothing else useful in the dumps I looked at. Give Driver Verifier a try, see if that flushes out any driver problems:

Driver Verifier is a diagnostic tool built into Windows 10, it is designed to verify both native Microsoft drivers and third party drivers. Driver Verifier's verification process involves putting heavy stress on drivers with the intention of making bad, outdated, incompatible or misbehaving drivers fail. The required result is a BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) which will generate a crash dump for debugging purposes.
    Machines exposed to Driver Verifier will run very sluggishly due to the stress being applied to the drivers.

Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable in Windows 10

Warning:
    It is not advised to run Driver Verifier for more than 48 hours at a time. Disable Driver Verifier after 48 hours or after receiving a BSOD, whichever happens soonest.

Always create a Restore Point prior to enabling Driver Verifier.

What we're looking for is a BSOD with a mini dump that will tell us what driver caused it.

Ztruker, Jul 1, 2016
  5. Thank you for getting back with me Ztruker. OK, I did the Driver Verifier and added the Restore Point per requested. Luckly I did the restore point because once Restarted it hit a IO something BSOD but before I could write it down it restarted. To which it did about another crash as I was trying to get back into windows. Also cmd Prompt disable Driver Verifier didn't work and it crashed again with Service System Exception and Finally I had to do a System Restore point which worked and I'm back up and running. I've attached the new information below.

Thank you for your Help - Sean

libernullmal, Jul 1, 2016
  6. Ztruker Win User
    Good dump, shows Verifier enabled. Indicates a problem with MBfilt64.sys which belongs to Audio Driver from Creative Technology Ltd. It's quite old and needs to be updated:

Code: kd> lmvm MBfilt64 start end module name fffff800`485e0000 fffff800`485ee000 MBfilt64 T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: MBfilt64.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\MBfilt64.sys Image name: MBfilt64.sys Timestamp: Thu Jul 30 23:40:32 2009 (4A7267B0) CheckSum: 00013EDE ImageSize: 0000E000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote] The only audio driver I see on the MSI web site is for Realtek: Support For 990FXA-GD80 | MSI USA | Motherboard - The world leader in motherboard design

Attachment 87979

Try it and see if it installs and fixes the problem.

Ztruker, Jul 1, 2016
  7. The only audio driver I see on the MSI web site is for Realtek: Support For 990FXA-GD80 | MSI USA | Motherboard - The world leader in motherboard design

Attachment 87979

Try it and see if it installs and fixes the problem.[/quote] I wanted to let you know that the problem was fixed Thank you. The problem was not only the memory which was 1866 mhz and was considered OC on the board. When replaced with 1600mhz memory and udated the motherboard bios. Windows was corrupt and reinstalled that. Watch Dogs and other graphics intense games work and no random BSOD's

libernullmal, Jul 28, 2016
  8. Ztruker Win User

Good detective work on your part. Thanks for letting me know.

Ztruker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD Crash when in Modern 2016 games such as Fallout 4, and more - Similar Threads - BSOD Crash Modern

2. My fallout 4 game is stuck on this screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My fallout 4 game is stuck on this screen.: My fallout 4 game on Microsoft store pc has been stuck on the "syncing data" screen for the last hour and it doesn't seem to be syncing anything. I've tried turning on my Xbox to see if it would sync but that sadly didn't work, I even tried looking for an option to turn the...
  3. My fallout 4 game is stuck on this screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My fallout 4 game is stuck on this screen.: My fallout 4 game on Microsoft store pc has been stuck on the "syncing data" screen for the last hour and it doesn't seem to be syncing anything. I've tried turning on my Xbox to see if it would sync but that sadly didn't work, I even tried looking for an option to turn the...
  4. BSOD on videos or playing fallout 4

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD on videos or playing fallout 4: Hello , i'v been having constants BSOD everytime im watching videos on youtube or when im trying to start a game, I switched from win 7 to win 10 , so i though it was some old driver. I updated every single driver yet nothing I checked if there as a problem with the disk...
  5. Constant BSOD and reboot when starting fallout 4 saved game

Constant BSOD and reboot when starting fallout 4 saved game: Hello , i'v been having constants BSOD everytime im watching videos on youtube or when im trying to start a game, i switched from win 7 to win 10 , so i though it was some old driver. I updated every single driver yet nothing I checked if there as a problem with the disk and...
  6. BSOD 5-10 mins in game Fallout 4

BSOD 5-10 mins in game Fallout 4: Hi, I just recently built a new pc to replace my existing one. All programs I have ran seem fine, however when I go to play Fallout 4 it goes to blue screen with 5 to 10 minutes of gameplay or just idling in game. I have reinstalled the video card drivers. I have reinstalled...
  7. BSOD started when playing Fallout 4

BSOD started when playing Fallout 4: Attachment 48342 The first BSOD was while playing fallout 4. After it happened a 2nd time i ran driver verifier /standard /all. This sent the machine into a boot loop. I disabled driver verifier. My PC seems to run fine under normal conditions, but this is worrying. The...
  8. Regular BSoDs while playing Fallout 4.

Regular BSoDs while playing Fallout 4.: Hi there, I'm experiencing random bsods while playing Fallout 4, I tried searching on Fallout 4 forums etc but couldn't find anything relevant to my problems. I tried checking what could be the cause with WhoCrashed but it hasn't really given me any useful information...
  9. Crashed playing Fallout 4

Crashed playing Fallout 4: Hello, new Skylake PC, crashed playing Fallout 4. PC restarted. Here is the minidump analysis: rash Dump Analysis provided by OSR Open Systems Resources, Inc. (http://www.osr.com)Online Crash Dump Analysis Service See OSR Online - The Home Page for Windows Driver Developers...
  10. 0x00000119 BSOD only in Fallout 4.

0x00000119 BSOD only in Fallout 4.: Hello, i have recently been getting the most inexplicable error when playing Fallout 4. For whatever reason sometimes when i am playing it my game will have a suddenly huge spike in fps, dropping from 60 to 5-10, and the audio will distort terribly. If i alt tab and wait a...