Windows 10: BSOD Crashes - graphics card related

Discus and support BSOD Crashes - graphics card related in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I've experienced multiple BSODs almost every other day whether it'd be gaming or just plain surfing the web. I can trace it down to atikmdag... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Olliees, Jun 30, 2016.

1. Olliees Win User

BSOD Crashes - graphics card related

Hi,

I've experienced multiple BSODs almost every other day whether it'd be gaming or just plain surfing the web. I can trace it down to atikmdag being an issue on the computer. I've installed AMD uninstall and then reinstalled my drivers to no end.

I'm not sure if it'll show within the logs, but i previously had a CPU heating issue due to not applying thermal paste properly. That problem has now been fixed already.

Thank you so much for your help in advance! *Smile

:)

Olliees, Jun 30, 2016

2. BSODs Relating to Graphics Card

Hi Allison,

As per the info provided, I can see that you have installed updates to your PC. I would like to know if you receive the bluescreen after the installation of the updates.

Also, I would like you to provide the exact error message or code that you have received when the PC was at the bluescreen.

Having stated so, I suggest that you refer to the article Troubleshoot blue screen errors and check
    if you are able to rectify the BSOD that you are incurring.

hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Jun 30, 2016
  3. BSODs Relating to Graphics Card

Here are some BSoDs that took place near the update. There are many more that took place before the update just so you know.

Kernel_Security_Check_Failure 0xEF (0xFFFFE000AD1D7840, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0)

Driver_Overran_Stack_Buffer (0x2A80320F41D0, 0x4D5F922DA3EE, 0xFFFFB2A06DD25C11, 0x0)

System_Thread_Exception_Not_Handled_M (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF803AB6B0FF5, 0xFFFFD000254AF7A8, 0xFFFFD000254AEFC0)

Critical_Process_Died 0xEF (0xFFFFE000AD1D7840, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0)

AllisonHilliard, Jun 30, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

The 6/25 *:26PM dump indicates a problem with atikmdag.sys.

Code: ffffd000`22c3ad68 fffff801`3d07b02bUnable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmdag.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmdag.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmdag.sys atikmdag+0x8b02b[/quote] It belongs to AMD Radeon (TM) R9 200 driver. Yours is from:

21/03/2016 10:19:43 PM C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\atikmdag.sys

Please fill out your System Specs so I know what your hardware is:

How to fill out System Specs for tenforums.

See here: System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums

Of major interest is the Manufacture and full model number of the computer if purchased or the system board if custom built.

Ztruker, Jul 1, 2016
  5. Olliees Win User
    It belongs to AMD Radeon (TM) R9 200 driver. Yours is from:

21/03/2016 10:19:43 PM C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\atikmdag.sys

Please fill out your System Specs so I know what your hardware is:

How to fill out System Specs for tenforums.

See here: System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums

Of major interest is the Manufacture and full model number of the computer if purchased or the system board if custom built.[/quote] I've updated my system specs *Smile Thanks for helping!

Olliees, Jul 1, 2016
  6. Ztruker Win User
    What is this: Graphics Card R9 270. Who is the manufacturer.

There is a newer driver on the AMD web site date 6/9/2016. Give that a try: AMD Radeon R9 200

Ztruker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD Crashes - graphics card related - Similar Threads - BSOD Crashes graphics

2. Graphics card crashing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Graphics card crashing?: Hello, So I've come here today to try and figure out what's going with my computer, I have installed several games onto my computer and some of them decide they want to crash and not appear. Whenever I run these games most of the times I am using steam, when I launch the game...
  3. Graphics card crashing?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Graphics card crashing?: Hello, So I've come here today to try and figure out what's going with my computer, I have installed several games onto my computer and some of them decide they want to crash and not appear. Whenever I run these games most of the times I am using steam, when I launch the game...
  4. Graphics card crashing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Graphics Card Crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphics Card Crash: It made this dump -https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EhO5tAn9wYtkh5NPu5CC9B4OrTfAzno9/view?usp=sharing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/graphics-card-crash/9ccf873f-89a6-44f7-81e9-ee97a39408ce
  6. Graphics Card Crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Graphics Card Crash: It made this dump -https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EhO5tAn9wYtkh5NPu5CC9B4OrTfAzno9/view?usp=sharing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/graphics-card-crash/9ccf873f-89a6-44f7-81e9-ee97a39408ce
  7. Graphics Card Crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Crashes related to graphics drivers

Crashes related to graphics drivers: Hello, For some time I've been having problems with games crashing and my pc crashing. Initially I only crashed while playing Path of Exile and the crashes were pretty infrequent. The error in the event viewer was "Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has...
  9. graphics card crashing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    graphics card crashing: Hello for awhile now I've noticed that my computer will sometimes go into a grey screen and then come back to my desktop but on some occasions it completely freezes up my computer to the point where I have to restart it physically. this is the error I get: "Display driver...
  10. Graphics Card Related BSOD

Graphics Card Related BSOD: Hello, For awhile now, I have been trying to find the cause of a number of BSOD errors I'm getting. This issue is definitely tied to my graphics card. I have an Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 card and also an Nvidea GeForce GT 650M card. The BSOD error messages I am...