Windows 10: [BSOD] Crashes (Ntoskrnl.exe) - DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER (AMD)

Discus and support [BSOD] Crashes (Ntoskrnl.exe) - DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER (AMD) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello TenForums, I've been having this problem with Windows 10 (Not Windows 7) where my PC just restarts itself but the Screen goes black first.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LukeJR, Dec 10, 2015.

1. LukeJR Win User

[BSOD] Crashes (Ntoskrnl.exe) - DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER (AMD)

Hello TenForums,

I've been having this problem with Windows 10 (Not Windows 7) where my PC just restarts itself but the Screen goes black first. After, the PC boots back up, and no more problem on start-up except the fact it can still crash when I'm (A) Gaming (B) Using a Web Browser. On first-boot-up, it can still crash with me just trying to open 'FireFox' which is weird. Apart from the BSOD, the computer (screen display, keyboard, ect) can all just become unresponsive. Like some kind of Freeze, but this isn't as common as the BSOD: DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER ~ The real problem I have with this whole thing is that I can't use FireFox or any other Web Browser without it crashing on the first-boot-up. It usually happens when I click something on the Browser. Example: 'Save Password' or 'Post New Thread' or 'Reply' buttons. It can even happen when I'm just clicking anything really... this only occurs on the first boot-up of my PC. The second try, boot-up, leaves me with no problem except the BSOD Error. That also makes my PC freeze - having to manually restart by the power button. The next problem I have with Windows 10 is the fact that it lingers when booting up. So, I'll have the PC turned on with the power switch 'on' and its all lit up showing its running... but my Screen doesn't show a Display (fails to show anything until the PC feels like it wants to) I can force it to display by continuously restarting it with the Power Button, until it gives in, and boots up again.
    I wish I knew what was causing this problem, but I don't. The only real help I can give you is the .DMP file (.ZIP) Files.
    The Attachment has everything you need to know on the Crash report.

Thanks,

-

:)

LukeJR, Dec 10, 2015
  2. EThe coli Win User

BSOD errors without an identifiable cause

Okay I may or may not be onto something now. Since, from what I've read, it seems that most ntoskrnl.exe BSODs are not actually caused by ntoskrnl, but by another driver that takes up the krnl's space. When ntoskrnl.exe finds it, it throws the system into
    a BSOD to prevent damage. Looking the the dump files, I found that there was a driver called hal.dll, but the crash address was different from the driver address. The crash address was ntoskrnl.exe+14ec00, the same as my above post. There is also another driver
    called dxgmms2.sys who's crash address was ntoskrnl.exe+14ec00. I'm not sure if this will help or if it means anything but I'm looking for anything at this point.

EThe coli, Dec 10, 2015
  3. Computer keeps crashing and having BSoD.

Wouldn't a clean install/reset uninstall all programs but keep the files? I've been having these crashes for a while, not just before the failed restore. I had the DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER BSoD right before I decided to try and restore.

Prototype464XBL, Dec 10, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Please make sure your pc is configured for small dump files BSOD Minidump - Configure to Create in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums
    Code: Event[763]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting Date: 2015-12-07T14:22:53.706 Event ID: 1005 Task: N/A Level: Error Opcode: N/A Keyword: Classic User: N/A User Name: N/A Computer: LukeJR-PC Description: Unable to produce a minidump file from the full dump file.[/quote] Please uninstall everything of AMD using Display Driver Uninstaller and install new drivers from AMD. Be sure to ONLY install the drivers using custom/advanced options.
    Code: *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmdag.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmdag.sys 1: kd> lmvm atikmdag start end module name fffff801`09e70000 fffff801`0b5b7000 atikmdag T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: atikmdag.sys Image path: atikmdag.sys Image name: atikmdag.sys Timestamp: Sun Nov 29 21:51:24 2015 (565B654C) CheckSum: 016DC5BB ImageSize: 01747000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]

Thema:

1. [BSOD] Crashes (Ntoskrnl.exe) - DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER (AMD) - Similar Threads - BSOD Crashes Ntoskrnl

2. BSOD Crash "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL", "DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER", or "ntkrnlmp.exe"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Crash "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL", "DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER", or "ntkrnlmp.exe": Hello everyone, I have been facing a BSOD problem for some time now. It's usually "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL", "DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER", or "ntkrnlmp.exe". The crash happens at random times, roughly once a day or once every two days. Usually, its seen after I keep the...
  3. BSOD Crash "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL", "DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER", or "ntkrnlmp.exe"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Crash "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL", "DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER", or "ntkrnlmp.exe": Hello everyone, I have been facing a BSOD problem for some time now. It's usually "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL", "DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER", or "ntkrnlmp.exe". The crash happens at random times, roughly once a day or once every two days. Usually, its seen after I keep the...
  4. BSOD Crash "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL", "DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER", or "ntkrnlmp.exe"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe

BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe: KUKutter_UKFirstly, I would like to say that I am posting this again because after having an instant reply from an 'Andrew', and posting my dmp files as requested on July 24th I haven't heard anything back since! I have responded a couple of times but nothing is happening to...
  6. BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe

BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe: Hi there, My new machine around 8 months old now runs perfectly most of the time. Uptime 3 - 6 weeks at a time. NO issues at all - I am a heavy PC user: Gaming, Audio Work and some 3D modelling, so my machine goes through its paces.Every now and then on boot, I get the error...
  7. BSOD ntoskrnl..exe

BSOD ntoskrnl..exe: My computer has crashed a few times often when i play games. I bought more ram because i thought that it was the issue but it didn't help. It did work a few days but then the crashes came back. After that i fixed the BSOD´s by lowering the graphics and the resolution on the...
  8. BSOD ntoskrnl..exe+1b35e0

BSOD ntoskrnl..exe+1b35e0: Help. Getting 4-5 of these a day. Running latest Windows 10 Pro, Xibo signboard, Docker with Xibo server. Always the same 'Caused By Address'. Put in new memory, ran memory test, no errors, all drivers up to date. Change disk type to AHCA, made sure windows driver was...
  9. BSOD Driver_Overran_Stack_Buffer

BSOD Driver_Overran_Stack_Buffer: Recently, I have a BSOD Driver Overran Stack Buffer while playing game. Here is the attached file Attachment 37234 I have in minidump folder for each BSOD. I need help to figure out which problems my computer has pls. My system specs: - Mainboard MSI B85M-E45 - Intel Core...
  10. BSOD on Startup. Driver_Overran_Stack_Buffer

BSOD on Startup. Driver_Overran_Stack_Buffer: Hey guys, this error just started not to long ago, and it happens to when I boot up my desktop. Once it restarts it boots Windows 10 right up without a problem. Here is the .zip file that is to be attached with each BSOD post Attachment 30300 If you guys need my...