Windows 10: BSOD crashing every few days while playing games or using any browser

Discus and support BSOD crashing every few days while playing games or using any browser in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I've recently been getting BSODs every few days. One of the times it crashed while I was just using Firefox and the other time it crashed while... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by mosbysjedi, Mar 8, 2018.

1. BSOD crashing every few days while playing games or using any browser

Hello, I've recently been getting BSODs every few days. One of the times it crashed while I was just using Firefox and the other time it crashed while using the driver verifier when attempting to fix this problem. Tonight it crashed while using edge browser and playing Fortnite. There wasn't any stutter or anything before it crashes, just goes down.

Tonight the BSOD said "System Thread Exception not handled". Another error screen a few days ago while using the verifier gave me "Driver verifier detected violation". And another time it gave me "Stop code: Driver IRQL not less or equal What failed: USBXHCI.SYS failed" I've included a zip of the last 3 dumps and the zip of the log collector tool below

Minidumps.zip
    BRYCEPC-Fri_03_09_2018__14536_40.zip

:)

mosbysjedi, Mar 8, 2018

2. Getting multiple BSOD's a week, no clue what the problem is.

These seem to be happening pretty much at random. Could be happening while playing games, but also while I'm not even active on the computer. Also doesn't seem related to how long the PC has been running. No idea if it's of any importance but I'll also add
    that not every crash is a BSOD. Sometimes it just freezes and I will have to reboot it myself.

These are my minidump files from my BSOD just a few minutes ago: Minidump.rar

Luc van der Heiden, Mar 8, 2018
  3. CodyK_322 Win User
    SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (nvlddmkm.sys)

Hello.

I've been getting a BSOD intermittently while playing Skyrim. Gaming seems to be the only thing that crashes the computer, as I have had no other issues. I can't seem to nail down what's causing the error.

Some days, my computer will crash every five minutes. Other days, I can go for several hours and never crash. There doesn't seem to be any pattern.

Here's a link to the DMP files:

Public

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

CodyK_322, Mar 8, 2018
  4. philc43 Win User

BSOD crashing every few days while playing games or using any browser

Hello mosbysjedi,

Your C: drive is getting low on free space and so Windows is deleting memory dump files. Try to make more space so that you have 30GB or more free.

From the files you have provided the errors look like they are related to disk problems. I would start with a thorough check of your hard disks.

BSOD crashing every few days while playing games or using any browser [​IMG]
    Diagnostics Test
    BSOD crashing every few days while playing games or using any browser [​IMG]
    HDD TEST
    *Arrow Run HDTune to
    • check the health,
    • scan for errors, no quick scan but full scan
    • run a benchmark.
    It may take some time, but please take the time you need to perform it properly.
    When above is done please make screenshots of the following
    • the health,
    • the error scan,
    • the benchmark incl. following
      • transfer rate,
      • access time,
      • burst rate,
      • cpu usage.

philc43, Mar 8, 2018
  5. I cleaned up my C drive to have to have 62 GB of free space

I also ran all tests on all of the drives I've included all the screenshots in a zip file below

tuneProScans.zip

mosbysjedi, Mar 9, 2018
  6. philc43 Win User
    That's a good result! All drives look healthy.

Let's hope the extra space on C:\ helps it to run better. If you get more crashes please post a new set of logfiles and crash dumps.

philc43, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

BSOD crashing every few days while playing games or using any browser

1. BSOD crashing every few days while playing games or using any browser - Similar Threads - BSOD crashing every

2. Random BSODs every few days

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random BSODs every few days: For the past few months I've been random BSODs for seemingly no reason, the computer isn't being stressed or doing anything 'unique' at the time it happens, the BSOD errors include : 01/06/23 : PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA01/03/23 : Memory Management : WARNING: Unable to...
  3. Random BSODs every few days

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSODs every few days: For the past few months I've been random BSODs for seemingly no reason, the computer isn't being stressed or doing anything 'unique' at the time it happens, the BSOD errors include : 01/06/23 : PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA01/03/23 : Memory Management : WARNING: Unable to...
  4. Getting BSODs Every Few Days

Getting BSODs Every Few Days: Hi, For the past 6 months I have been getting the odd BSOD on Windows 10. I've updated all drivers I could think of and have run MemTest several times even overnight but my memory always passes with no errors. My hardware: CPU: Ryzen 3700X Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus...
  5. BSODs Every Few Days

BSODs Every Few Days: Hello, I recently upgraded my PC with new mobo/gpu/cpu/ram, and have been having BSODs on and off since. They have only happened when I was away from the computer, so I didn't realize they were happening until one occurred while my wife was using Autodesk Revit. She has...
  6. BSOD every few days any game THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER 0x000000ea

BSOD every few days any game THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER 0x000000ea: Recently i have changed ram and graphic card, before that no issue at all I have uploaded more information, any help will be great 130854
  7. BSOD past day while playing games

BSOD past day while playing games: Hopefully I can get some help =) 81168
  8. Various BSODs every few days

Various BSODs every few days: Hello I have been getting random BSODs for the past couple weeks, been trying to figure it out on my own but I feel like it is time to ask for some help. Recently the BSOD had the error message KERNAL_SECURITY-CHECK-FAILURE. I rebooted with Driver Verifier and got the...
  9. BSOD and PC crashes while playing any games

BSOD and PC crashes while playing any games: Pc randomly either freezes, turns itself off and then on immediately on. happens even while browsing a word document. i usually have youtube playing music in the background so nothing fancy to make it crash 87781
  10. BSOD while playing browser game.

BSOD while playing browser game.: newly updated to 10 pro from 7 pro. crashed today while I was playing browser based flash player game. I made sure to update all my drivers and re-installed programs that needed to be. my computer is self built (my first custom). Any help would be great. thank you for your...