Windows 10: BSOD Critical Error After Installing a New RAM

Discus and support BSOD Critical Error After Installing a New RAM in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi everyone,I bought a single stick 16GB RAM last week, and had a BSOD Critical Error for some reason, Here is a list of things i tried so far:- Double... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Surreal90, Sep 16, 2017.

1. Surreal90 Win User

BSOD Critical Error After Installing a New RAM

Hi everyone,I bought a single stick 16GB RAM last week, and had a BSOD Critical Error for some reason, Here is a list of things i tried so far:- Double checked if the RAM installed properly. - Everything was in place.- Tested the RAM using: Windows Memory Diagnostic - Passed the test(s) with no errors.- Did a clean windows 10 (1703) installation twice, downloaded and installed the latest drivers from the official website(s). - Had a BSOD once per every installation.- Checked the Events Viewer for the error and found this: Code: Log Name: SystemSource: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PowerDate: 9/16/2017 11:03:33 PMEvent ID: 41Task Category: (63)Level: CriticalKeywords: (70368744177664),(2)User: SYSTEMComputer: AWESOME-PCDescription:The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.Event Xml: 41 5 1 63 0 0x8000400000000002 2765 System AWESOME-PC 0 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0 0 0 0 0 false 0 0 true[/quote] I hope that someone would be able to help me on this one *Smile, cheers!

:)

Surreal90, Sep 16, 2017

2. Continuous BSOD after installing new RAM

I have bought new 4 GB RAM and placed it in my laptop today. When I turn on my laptop, it does very well until 10 minutes get the BSOD. I have at least 5 BSOD this time and it very annoying. I had to run Memtest86 and found no error. Had to run Windows Memory
    Diagnostic but stuck in 14% forever.

What should I do??

BSOD dump link + Memtest: Minidump

My laptop:

Windows 10 Home SL 64-bit

4 GB RAM upgradeable to 8 GB

Intel Core i7 7200U 2.5 GHz

1 TB HDD

Danang Fadila, Sep 16, 2017
  3. Continuous BSOD after installing new RAM

Hi Danang,

We appreciate that you have provided us the results as well as your laptop's specifications. Here's a

link
    which includes troubleshooting steps for Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) issues. Select the appropriate answer for the questions to provide you the troubleshooting steps for the issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Jennifer Bri, Sep 16, 2017
  4. Ztruker Win User

See the box at the top of yout thread of the top of the BSOD forum, especially the first sentence:

Please read the instructions here: Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

Also, if you had no problems before installing the new 16GB RAM then the likely cause is the new RAM, whether it fails testing or not. If you've only had the one failure then run for awhile and see if it reoccurs. If not ignore it. If it does, remove the new RAM, reinstall the old RAM and test that way.

Ztruker, Sep 16, 2017
  5. Surreal90 Win User
    Hi Ztruker, thanks for your reply, i am aware of that, and already generated those files using the tool mentioned, but i think it contains "too much" information, would it be ok if i edit some of those files before sending it?. I never had any BSOD errors before, the only things i "changed" this time are:

- Added a single 16GB RAM stick.
    - I also forgot to mention that i added a case fan (from NZXT). - Not sure if has anything to do with it.
    - Enabled XMP from BIOS before a clean windows installation. I heard that some people had similar issues after enabling XMP, could it be the reason why?
    - Installed Windows 10 Creators Update (1703).

I am at work now, will uploaded the files when i get back home, but you can find my current build specs below:
    - Motherboard: Asus B150M PRO GAMING.
    - Processor: Intel Core i5-6500 - LGA1151.
    - RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16GB DDR4 2400 CL16 1.2V (BLS16G4D240FSC).
    - VGA: AMD Sapphire Dual-X R7 265.
    - Disks: SSD: Corsair Force LS 120GB Sata III + HDD: Western Digital (WD) Caviar Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 64MB Cache.
    - PSU: SeaSonic S12II Bronze 520W 80 PLUS Certified PSU.

Thanks! *Smile

Surreal90, Sep 16, 2017
  6. Surreal90 Win User
    Here are the files generated by the tool:

Note: I replaced some text like username, timezone, etc with "*****" for a lil bit of privacy if that's ok *Smile.

Thanks!

Surreal90, Sep 16, 2017
  7. zbook New Member
    There is a section on the webpage below the user name for "My Computer".
    This section enables anyone viewing post #5 or #50 to have the information readily available without having to scroll through every post to find computer information.
    1) Please update this section with the computer information:

How To Fill Out Your System Specs
    How To Fill Out Your System Specs
    System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums:
    System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums Windows 10 General Tips Tutorials
    In the left corner below in your post you find 'My System Specs'.
    After clicking it you can find a link a little below that says 'Update your System Spec', click on this link to get to the page where you can fill in your system specs.
    System Info - See Your System Specs - Windows 7 Help Forums

Please include PSU, cooler, case, peripherals (mouse, keyboard, joystick, printer) and anything attached by wireless or wired (headset, xbox, etc)

2) If you use Ccleaner > windows > system > memory dumps (make sure that it is unchecked)
    Please report in the thread whether you were using Ccleaner and whether this was checked.
    3) In the left lower corner search type disk > click disk cleanup > C: drive > system error memory dumps (make sure that it is unchecked)
    Please report into the the thread whether system error memory dumps was checked.
    4) In the left lower corner search type system > open system control panel > on the left pane click advanced system settings > in startup and recovery click settings > post an image into the thread.
    Take Screenshot in Windows 10 Windows 10 General Tips Tutorials
    5) Download and install Whocrashed:
    Resplendence Software - WhoCrashed, automatic crash dump analyzer
    6) Open Whocrashed and above analyze click on tools > crash dump test > type: ACCEPT
    7) On Whocrashed click analyze > post the results into the thread
    8) Post a new zip after the above steps:
    BSOD - Posting Instructions - Windows 10 Forums

zbook, Sep 17, 2017
  8. Surreal90 Win User

Hi zbook,

1- Done, i have added my build specs to the profile *Smile.

2 - I use CCleaner, and had this memory dumps checked. (Just got it unchecked).

3- I can't find "system error memory dumps" option, the closest thing i found (and was unchecked), is "System created Windows Error Reporting".

4 - Here is it:

BSOD Critical Error After Installing a New RAM [​IMG]

It was set to none, now i changed it to auto, btw is this statement true?

5, 6, 7, 8 - Added Files, WhoCrashed report inside the same archive.

Surreal90, Sep 17, 2017
  9. zbook New Member
    The dumps and the passwords are not related.
    Microsoft Community

Once there are mini and memory dumps we can troubleshoot them.

Please un-check automatic restart for the dumps so that you have time to view the BSOD windows.

zbook, Sep 17, 2017
  10. Surreal90 Win User
    I have added the files, including WhoCrashed report inside the same archive, hopefully you would get to find anything useful in between the lines, thanks for your time.

Surreal90, Sep 17, 2017
  11. zbook New Member
    How did you remove all of the Windows error reporting?

zbook, Sep 17, 2017
  12. Surreal90 Win User
    Is there any missing reports?, the only thing i ran after installing a couple of apps was CCleaner, maybe it deleted some stuff?, I also have a couple of local group polices enabled, that could stop sending reports to MS. Would be great if you could elaborate on how to generate the missing file(s), thanks a bunch *Smile.

Surreal90, Sep 17, 2017
  13. zbook New Member

Please open Ccleaner > windows tab > system > post an image into the thread (if you can please include the advanced section in the same view)

zbook, Sep 17, 2017
  14. Surreal90 Win User
    Okay, will do that when i get back home, anyway, what exactly are you looking for?, is there like a specific report or something that you need to check?.

Surreal90, Sep 17, 2017
  15. zbook New Member
    It appears that the settings that you had in Ccleaner have deleted the files needed for troubleshooting:
    mini dump, memory dump, windows error reporting etc.
    So please make an image so that we know what the settings were.

zbook, Sep 17, 2017
Thema:

1. BSOD Critical Error After Installing a New RAM - Similar Threads - BSOD Critical Error

2. Frequent ntoskrnl.exe causing BSOD error after installing new Ram

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent ntoskrnl.exe causing BSOD error after installing new Ram: I'm using a TUF Dash F15 - FX516PM laptop.My initial specs are hereby,1. i5 - 11300H2. 8GB DDR4 3200MHZ3. RTX 3060 Laptop GpuI've installed a new Ram last week. Crucial 8GB DDR4 3200MHZ. And since then I've been getting frequent BSOD errors. I have BlueScreenView installed on...
  3. Frequent ntoskrnl.exe causing BSOD error after installing new Ram

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Frequent ntoskrnl.exe causing BSOD error after installing new Ram: I'm using a TUF Dash F15 - FX516PM laptop.My initial specs are hereby,1. i5 - 11300H2. 8GB DDR4 3200MHZ3. RTX 3060 Laptop GpuI've installed a new Ram last week. Crucial 8GB DDR4 3200MHZ. And since then I've been getting frequent BSOD errors. I have BlueScreenView installed on...
  4. BSOD start to occurs after install new ram

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD start to occurs after install new ram: I just installed an additional 32gb ram to my win 10 PC, it now has a total of 64gb. After I installed the ram, BSOF starts to happen with this code The bugcheck was: 0x0000001a 0x0000000000061948, 0x00000002001095b0, 0x0000000000000001, 0x00000002001095b0. Minidump:...
  5. BSOD start to occurs after install new ram

BSOD start to occurs after install new ram: I just installed an additional 32gb ram to my win 10 PC, it now has a total of 64gb. After I installed the ram, BSOF starts to happen with this code The bugcheck was: 0x0000001a 0x0000000000061948, 0x00000002001095b0, 0x0000000000000001, 0x00000002001095b0. Minidump:...
  6. BSOD start to occurs after install new ram

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. BSOD error after adding new HDD and RAM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD error after adding new HDD and RAM: Hi everyone,Before, my pc only has an ssd and a ram stick. Then I decided to buy hdd and another ram stick. And few days later, my pc is encountering blue screens. I tried the the dism, sfc, updating drivers but I'm still encountering it. I have this issue since few weeks...
  8. BSOD error after adding new HDD and RAM

BSOD error after adding new HDD and RAM: Hi everyone,Before, my pc only has an ssd and a ram stick. Then I decided to buy hdd and another ram stick. And few days later, my pc is encountering blue screens. I tried the the dism, sfc, updating drivers but I'm still encountering it. I have this issue since few weeks...
  9. BSOD error after adding new HDD and RAM

10. BSOD after installing new RAM (W10 x32)

BSOD after installing new RAM (W10 x32): I just put a new RAM, 2GB, on my computer, and when I turned it on, it worked nice for about 3 minutes. Then it suddenly froze compltely with nothing responding. First Firefox, then My Computer window, then everything, all this in about 10s. After another 20s, blue screen...