Windows 10: BSOD Critical Process died and apps crashing

Discus and support BSOD Critical Process died and apps crashing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Ive had many BSOD over the months (Exeption Not Handled, IRQL not less or equal, Critical Process died etc... ) and then i replaced some parts apart... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by chibee1, May 13, 2017.

1. chibee1 Win User

BSOD Critical Process died and apps crashing

Ive had many BSOD over the months (Exeption Not Handled, IRQL not less or equal, Critical Process died etc... ) and then i replaced some parts apart from the GPU and CPU and now have Critical Process died randomly and apps crashing like chrome steam and games wont open.

Dump files attached.

:)

chibee1, May 13, 2017

2. Cannot find/create dumps to upload for crash support

Yes, I am still crashing. Most often ends on bsod: critical process died. If not that, then on a red screen that is followed by shutdown.

Thanks again!

Charlie R S, May 13, 2017
  3. Kapil Arya MVP, May 13, 2017
  4. Ztruker Win User

Not able to read dumps successfully. There is a problem with Microsoft's symbol servers. Until that gets fixed there is not a whole lot we can do.

I did look at your Event Viewer log and I see several of these:

Code: Event[2908]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-WHEA-Logger Date: 2017-05-14T18:37:09.756 Event ID: 19 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: Info Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-19 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE Computer: DESKTOP-KI4NR4M Description: A corrected hardware error has occurred. Reported by component: Processor Core Error Source: Corrected Machine Check Error Type: Cache Hierarchy Error Processor APIC ID: 0[/quote] Are you over-clocking your computer? I see you have Intel(R) Extreme Tuning Utility installed. If you are, please set everything back to normal and test for awhile, see if that resolves the problem.

Ztruker, May 14, 2017
  5. chibee1 Win User
    i am not overclocking i have replaced everything in my system apart from the cpu and gpu, as i thought it would fix the problem, however now i think i did overclock my cpu on accident though an asus feature before i replace my hardware could this have caused damage? But i did do a cpu check using intel processor diagnostic tool and it passed everything

chibee1, May 15, 2017
  6. Ztruker Win User
    Ztruker, May 15, 2017
  7. chibee1 Win User
    Ill try that but before i replace my hardware when i was trying to find the problem all temps were around 30 degrees and load was normal and the BSOD will happen randomly i could be playing a game for 2 hours and it wont happen or it will happen when i log in or open an application

chibee1, May 15, 2017
  8. Ztruker Win User

One thing you can try is to enable Driver Verifier and test for a while, see if it shows anything.

The hardware error can possibly be caused by a driver so worth a shot.

===================================================
    Driver Verifier
    is a diagnostic tool built into Windows 10, it is designed to verify both native Microsoft drivers and third party drivers. Driver Verifier's verification process involves putting heavy stress on drivers with the intention of making bad, outdated, incompatible or misbehaving drivers fail. The required result is a BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) which will generate a crash dump for debugging purposes.
    Machines exposed to Driver Verifier will run very sluggishly due to the stress being applied to the drivers.

Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable in Windows 10

Pay close attention to
    BSOD Critical Process died and apps crashing [​IMG]
    PART TWO
    BSOD Critical Process died and apps crashing [​IMG]
    and make sure the correct boxes are checked.

Warning:
    It is not advised to run Driver Verifier for more than 48 hours at a time. Disable Driver Verifier after 48 hours or after receiving a BSOD, whichever happens soonest.

Always create a Restore Point prior to enabling Driver Verifier.

What we're looking for is a verifier generated BSOD with a mini dump that will tell us what driver caused it. If you get a BSOD, rerun dm_log_collector and upload the resulting zip file.

Ztruker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD Critical Process died and apps crashing - Similar Threads - BSOD Critical Process

2. Critical Process Died - BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Critical Process Died - BSOD: Hello,There was a blackout, and upon starting my computer, I was greeted with the blue screen of death, with the only message being "Critical Process Died."I attempted all the recovery options available:Safe mode gives the same error; critical process diedchkdsk /r completed,...
  3. BSOD Critical Process Died

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Critical Process Died: I accidently installed a new audio driver which ended up messing up my system. I did a system restore and the PC booted as normal. I shut the computer off when I went for dinner. When I returned to turn the computer back on, I got the BSOD with the critical process died. I...
  4. BSoD Critical process died

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSoD Critical process died: Hello. A month ago I ran into a problem - Windows 10, a BSoD with an Error: Critical Process Died began to appear. I decided to upgrade to Windows 11, because my laptop is made for this system. After updating to a new system, periodically again began to knock out a blue...
  5. BSoD Critical process died

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSoD Critical process died: Hello. A month ago I ran into a problem - Windows 10, a BSoD with an Error: Critical Process Died began to appear. I decided to upgrade to Windows 11, because my laptop is made for this system. After updating to a new system, periodically again began to knock out a blue...
  6. BSOD Critical Process Died

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Critical Process Died: Hi,Since yesterday, i have been having issues with my PC. It keeps on going to a BSOD Critical Process Died. I have google this up and followed the sfc /scannow and other methods, but none work. Sometimes my pc freezes after i type in my pin, other times it lets me sign in,...
  7. Critical Process Died bsod

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Critical Process Died bsod: I am stuck in an automatic repair loop, can’t uninstall updates, can’t system restore even with restore point, I have reset bios multiple times, no system image recovery, multiple different scans yet no problem found, no idea what is wrong with pc and not even being able to...
  8. Critical Process Died bsod

Critical Process Died bsod: I am stuck in an automatic repair loop, can’t uninstall updates, can’t system restore even with restore point, I have reset bios multiple times, no system image recovery, multiple different scans yet no problem found, no idea what is wrong with pc and not even being able to...
  9. BSOD Critical Process Died

BSOD Critical Process Died: My PC BSOD'ed 5 times in a row now, here's a link to the minidump files https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuFFvdJOMwSV0mzAdR1EmCi8nWBR?e=ynEBa6 Can I get a help on what's going on? I just had an update last night btw, so I'm not sure if that's somehow related. Thanks...
  10. BSOD - Critical Process Died

BSOD - Critical Process Died: Hi, could anyone check on my BSOD logs? I get the feeling it might be a hardware issue as I have reinstalled OS multiple times already and it still occurs. Thanks! BSOD sometimes shows CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED. Though I do notice sometimes it showed UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION....