Windows 10: BSOD: "Critical Process Died" error

Discus and support BSOD: "Critical Process Died" error in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I upgraded my OS to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1 some months ago. After some weeks I started to have "Critical Process Died" error very often. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by name444, Nov 6, 2015.

1. name444 Win User

BSOD: "Critical Process Died" error

I upgraded my OS to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1 some months ago.
    After some weeks I started to have "Critical Process Died" error very often.
    I couldn't figure out why. I've attached the relevant *.dmp files.

:)

name444, Nov 6, 2015

2. Windows 10 upgrade crashes while computer is idle.

I have not gotten the "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" blue screen (yet), but from past experience that is more often than not a driver error. I have gotten a few times "Critical Process Died" blue screen, but can never seem to track down the process which "died".

CrashOveride318, Nov 6, 2015
  3. Windows 10 crashing everyday with different Blue screen loop

Hello, I have the problem but can't even Boot from the install disk. After the "press any key" text I still get the the blue screen error, "critical process died" or "non paged error" or "irql error".

BenGoulding, Nov 6, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi name444,

Are you overclocking?
    If you are, revert back to stock while troubleshooting and test your system
    Code: CPUID: "Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4510U CPU @ 2.00GHz" MaxSpeed: 2000 CurrentSpeed: 2594[/quote] I recommend to check your software for updates.

BSOD: "Critical Process Died" error [​IMG]
    Diagnostics Test
    BSOD: "Critical Process Died" error [​IMG]
    Clean boot
    Please try the following:
    • Open taskmanager
      • Go to the tab startup
      • disable everything
    • Search msconfig and open it
      • Go to the tab services
      • Check 'hide microsoft services'
      • Uncheck all other services
      • Click apply and click ok
    • Reboot if asked
    See if the problem persist, if the problem does not persist enable in the startup tab in taskmanager 1 item and in the services tab in msconfig also 1 service, reboot and see if the problem persist. Keep doing this until you find the culprit or there is nothing left.
    If the problem still persist, try booting in safe mode and see if the problem still persist

axe0, Nov 7, 2015
  5. name444 Win User
    I don't know if I am overclocking. I didn't play with any such settings. I dont even know how to check if Im overclocking.
    I dont know what to do. I attached the dmp files. Do they indicate a problem?

name444, Nov 7, 2015
  6. axe0 New Member
    Please follow my instructions and see if it helps.

axe0, Nov 7, 2015
  7. name444 Win User
  8. axe0 New Member

I'm not saying your CPU is the problem..
    I am just asking if the CPU is overclocked...

axe0, Nov 7, 2015
  9. name444 Win User
    It is not overclocked!

name444, Nov 7, 2015
  10. axe0 New Member
    Again, please follow all the instructions.

11. name444 Win User
    What kind of solution is that? It is like trying hundreds of times and wait until a new BSOD.
    I cannot follow these it takes ages..

name444, Nov 7, 2015
  12. axe0 New Member
    It is not a solution, it is a method to find a solution.

This is just a strategy for trying things to find the cause and the solution, but if one doesn't try a thing the strategy doesn't work 100% which makes it harder to find a solution.

13. name444 Win User

ok maybe some other can comment for me to figure out which driver is problem. thanks anyway.

name444, Nov 7, 2015
  14. axe0 New Member
    Who says a driver is causing problems?
    This crash could be caused by the hard drive, CPU, ram and some other things like a system service

Thema:

1. BSOD: "Critical Process Died" error - Similar Threads - BSOD Critical Process

2. BSOD error : Critical Process Died

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD error : Critical Process Died: Running VM Windows 11 ARM on M1 Mac and got this BSOD error:I've tried running DISM /Restore switches and/or other command but they failed with "/Cleanup" unknown switch or something....I'm doing this from Recovery, Troubleshoot, Command PromptUnable to get into Safe Mode....
  3. BSOD error : Critical Process Died

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD error : Critical Process Died: Running VM Windows 11 ARM on M1 Mac and got this BSOD error:I've tried running DISM /Restore switches and/or other command but they failed with "/Cleanup" unknown switch or something....I'm doing this from Recovery, Troubleshoot, Command PromptUnable to get into Safe Mode....
  4. Critical Process Died - BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Critical Process Died - BSOD: Hello,There was a blackout, and upon starting my computer, I was greeted with the blue screen of death, with the only message being "Critical Process Died."I attempted all the recovery options available:Safe mode gives the same error; critical process diedchkdsk /r completed,...
  5. BSOD Critical Process Died

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Critical Process Died: I accidently installed a new audio driver which ended up messing up my system. I did a system restore and the PC booted as normal. I shut the computer off when I went for dinner. When I returned to turn the computer back on, I got the BSOD with the critical process died. I...
  6. BSoD Critical process died

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSoD Critical process died: Hello. A month ago I ran into a problem - Windows 10, a BSoD with an Error: Critical Process Died began to appear. I decided to upgrade to Windows 11, because my laptop is made for this system. After updating to a new system, periodically again began to knock out a blue...
  7. BSoD Critical process died

BSoD Critical process died: Hello. A month ago I ran into a problem - Windows 10, a BSoD with an Error: Critical Process Died began to appear. I decided to upgrade to Windows 11, because my laptop is made for this system. After updating to a new system, periodically again began to knock out a blue...
  8. Critical Process Died bsod

Critical Process Died bsod: I am stuck in an automatic repair loop, can’t uninstall updates, can’t system restore even with restore point, I have reset bios multiple times, no system image recovery, multiple different scans yet no problem found, no idea what is wrong with pc and not even being able to...
  9. Critical Process Died bsod

Critical Process Died bsod: I am stuck in an automatic repair loop, can’t uninstall updates, can’t system restore even with restore point, I have reset bios multiple times, no system image recovery, multiple different scans yet no problem found, no idea what is wrong with pc and not even being able to...
  10. BSOD - Critical Process Died

BSOD - Critical Process Died: Hi, could anyone check on my BSOD logs? I get the feeling it might be a hardware issue as I have reinstalled OS multiple times already and it still occurs. Thanks! BSOD sometimes shows CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED. Though I do notice sometimes it showed UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION....