Windows 10: Add or Remove Customize tab in Desktop Folder Properties in Windows

Discus and support Add or Remove Customize tab in Desktop Folder Properties in Windows in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Add or Remove Customize tab in Desktop Folder Properties in Windows How to Add or Remove Customize tab in Desktop Folder Properties in Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by l1fe, Apr 7, 2016.

1. l1fe Win User

Add or Remove Customize tab in Desktop Folder Properties in Windows

How to: Add or Remove Customize tab in Desktop Folder Properties in Windows

How to Add or Remove Customize tab in Desktop Folder Properties in Windows

The folder icons if a supported option for the folder.

To open the Customize tab, you can right click or press and hold on a folder or non-OS drive, and click/tap on Properties.

You can also right click or press and hold on the background of a open folder or non-OS drive, and click/tap on Customize this folder to open the Customize tab.

By default, the Customize tab is not available for the Desktop folder. Windows stores your personal Desktop folder in your account's %UserProfile% folder (ex: "C:\Users\Brink").

This tutorial will show you how to add or remove the Customize tab in the Desktop folder properties and Customize this folder context menu for all users in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.

*Warning You must be signed in as an administrator to add and remove the Customize tab in Desktop folder properties.

EXAMPLE: "Customize" tab in Desktop folder properties and "Customize this folder" context menu

Add or Remove Customize tab in Desktop Folder Properties in Windows [​IMG]

Here's How:

*note The downloadable .reg files below will modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FolderDescriptions\{B4BFCC3A-DB2C-424C-B029-7FE99A87C641}\PropertyBag

NoCustomize DWORD

0 = Add
    1 = Remove

1. Do step 2 (add) or step 3 (remove) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Add "Customize" tab in Desktop folder properties and "Customize this folder" context menu
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Add_Customize_tab_for_Desktop_folder_proproperties.reg

Download

3. To Remove "Customize" tab in Desktop folder properties and "Customize this folder" context menu
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Remove_Customize_tab_for_Desktop_folder_proproperties.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. You could now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

l1fe, Apr 7, 2016
  2. Jim Y. Win User

Folder Properties dialong - "customize" tab is no longer available (Windows 10)

I was looking to customize a folder's icon. In the past, you could do this by right-clicking on the folder and display the properties.

One of the tabs displayed was "Customize". However, I noticed that tab is no longer displayed. Has the ability to customize a folder icon changed? Or has this feature been removed? Thanks for any information that can be provided.

Jim Y., Oct 27, 2019
  3. Location-tab in Properties

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The information provided by you in the post, seems to be the Location tab is missing under
    Properties.

Usually the Location tab will be present under
    Properties
    for the folders listed under Quick Access (Desktop, Documents, Downloads, Music, Pictures) and folders listed under
    This PC (3d Objects, Desktop, Documents, Downloads, Music, Pictures, Videos).

In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please provide us the screenshot of the windows where you are not able to get the
    Location tab under properties. (Please follow the steps mentioned in the

screenshot
    posted by Shawn ‘Cmdr’ Keene on Oct 2, 2015 to post the screenshots.) Do not share any personal information in the screenshots.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Add or Remove Customize tab in Desktop Folder Properties in Windows

Security tab in folder properties just disappeared

Hi Nikola,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

• Is the issue specific to any particular file or folder?

I suggest you to restore the Folder properties to default and check if it helps.

Steps:-

• Windows Key + E and click View.
    • Select Option and choose "Change folder and search options"
    • Go to View tab and Restore defaults.

If you still face the issue, try running a System File Checker (SFC) Scan on the system and check if it helps.

System file check is a utility built into the Operating System that will check for system file corruption the
    sfc /scannow command (System File Check) scans the integrity of all protected operating system files and replaces incorrect, corrupted, changed, or damaged versions with the correct versions where possible.

I suggest you to try the steps provided, in the link below in order to run SFC scan on your computer.

System file check (SFC) Scan and Repair System Files & DISM to fix things SFC cannot

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Location-tab in Properties

Add or Remove Customize tab in Desktop Folder Properties in Windows 8bdeff40-e7f4-43dd-a99d-d18297e40038?upload=true.jpg

Stefadriaenssens, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Add or Remove Customize tab in Desktop Folder Properties in Windows

1. Add or Remove Customize tab in Desktop Folder Properties in Windows - Similar Threads - Add Remove Customize

2. I cannot add the security tab to folder properties.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot add the security tab to folder properties.: Hello everyone I'm having an issue where. I right click on any folder. Go to the Properties tab. And all I see is. Either previous versions or general. There is no security tab. I have tried the multiple ways online. To reactivate this feature. To no avail. I have tried....
  3. I cannot add the security tab to folder properties.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot add the security tab to folder properties.: Hello everyone I'm having an issue where. I right click on any folder. Go to the Properties tab. And all I see is. Either previous versions or general. There is no security tab. I have tried the multiple ways online. To reactivate this feature. To no avail. I have tried....
  4. Question on Missing Customize Tab in Folder Properties Tutorial

in Windows 10 Customization
    Question on Missing Customize Tab in Folder Properties Tutorial: I am trying to change the icons on the Desktop and the Properties window is missing the Customize tab. I also tried going to the "users\me\Desktop" path in Win Explorer to bring the Properties window up and it is also missing there. There is a great Tutorial on how to correct...
  5. Question on Missing Customize Tab in Folder Properties Tutorial

in Windows 10 Support
    Question on Missing Customize Tab in Folder Properties Tutorial: I am trying to change the icons on the Desktop and the Properties window is missing the Customize tab. I also tried going to the "users\me\Desktop" path in Win Explorer to bring the Properties window up and it is also missing there. There is a great Tutorial on how to correct...
  6. How to add or remove Hardware tab in Drive Properties in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to add or remove Hardware tab in Drive Properties in Windows 10: [ATTACH]The Hardware tab in the properties window of drives allow you to see device properties […] This article How to add or remove Hardware tab in Drive Properties in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. Can't see Customize tab in Folder Properties

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't see Customize tab in Folder Properties: i wanted to change the icon of a folder in Windows 10 Pro but when i go to the folder'sProperties i didn't found the "Customize" tab like in the past. This only happens with Folders, i don't have the problem with shortcuts here's a picture of a recently created folder's...
  8. Add or Remove Customize tab in Folder Properties in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Customize tab in Folder Properties in Windows: How to: Add or Remove Customize tab in Folder Properties in Windows How to Add or Remove Customize tab in Folder Properties in Windows The Customize tab in the properties of a folder or non-OS drive allows you to change the folder icons if a supported option for the...
  9. Add or Remove Compatibility Tab on Properties Page in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Compatibility Tab on Properties Page in Windows: How to: Add or Remove Compatibility Tab on Properties Page in Windows How to Add or Remove Compatibility Tab on Properties Page in Windows The Compatibility tab on the property page displays a list of options that can be selected and applied to the application to resolve...
  10. Add or Remove Details tab in File Properties in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Details tab in File Properties in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Details tab in File Properties in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Details tab in File Properties in Windows 10 [img] Information You can right click or press and hold on a drive, file, and folder in Windows, and click/tap on Properties to see...