Windows 10: BSOD Critical Service Failure - Restart Loop

Discus and support BSOD Critical Service Failure - Restart Loop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi everyone. I just turned on my computer this morning and got the bsod. I've surfed on different threads to try and solve my problem but nothing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Mcrstefan, Oct 23, 2016.

1. Mcrstefan Win User

BSOD Critical Service Failure - Restart Loop

Hi everyone. I just turned on my computer this morning and got the bsod. I've surfed on different threads to try and solve my problem but nothing worked:

- System restore - On the first attempt i got an error saying that windows could not find a file from the services folder and on the second attempt my restore point dissapeared.

- Safe mode - Returns me to the restart loop.

- Startup Repair - Couldn't find the problem.

The ideea is that i want to try the Reset this PC option with Keep my files but i am not sure how this works. I have 2 partitions, C where my windows is installed and D where i have all my personal files that I don't want to loose ( mainly pictures, videos and some programming resources from university, cpp files, visual studio projects, archives etc).
    If i try this option will it keep all my files from partition D or only the ones that are on C (windows partition). The final question is, will I loose my files from the second partition if i try this method ? Or just partially ?

* I don't care if my desktop apps are deleted, I really don't want to loose the files.
    ** Also, if this doesn't work do you know any method of recovering my files from the hard disk ? Ex: Manually remove my hdd and put it in another PC ?

Thanks in advance !

:)

Mcrstefan, Oct 23, 2016
  2. D 710 Win User

Computer won't turn on

Hi! My computer won't turn on, loops, says the critical service failure. I've tried turning on in safe mode, uninstalling unknown devices, and I don't have a disc to run a repair. Please help

D 710, Oct 23, 2016
  3. laservaradedomaina malware virus

When trying to download eset sysrescue broswer keeps crashing i keep getting bsod critical proccess died on stop code and it will not let me reset im not sure if reset failed due to the stop code : critical proccwsa died but essentially it keeps restarting
    stuck in a loop really dont know what to do

JesseKeating, Oct 23, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

The files on D will be okay, but to be extra safe, disconnect the drive before doing the Reset, then you are absolutely certain nothing can happen to them.

Ztruker, Oct 24, 2016
Thema:

1. BSOD Critical Service Failure - Restart Loop - Similar Threads - BSOD Critical Service

2. How to solve critical service failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to solve critical service failure: My laptop is Hp elite book 840G3, Windows 10. Log file: C:\Windows32\Logfiles\srt\srtTrail.txt.I am unable to open in safe mode, I even tried to reset but keep saying fail to reset no update....
  3. Critical service failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Critical service failure: Ok so i was just experimenting msconfig and i set ram to 256 and now windows is not booting up, it keeps giving "critical service failed" And Even system restore did not work because when I did restore it gave me another error saying "System exception not handled", I can't...
  4. Critical service failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Critical service failure: Ok so i was just experimenting msconfig and i set ram to 256 and now windows is not booting up, it keeps giving "critical service failed" And Even system restore did not work because when I did restore it gave me another error saying "System exception not handled", I can't...
  5. Critical service failure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. BSOD RESTART LOOP CRITICAL PROCESS DIED

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD RESTART LOOP CRITICAL PROCESS DIED: i cant get out of bsod and it dint want me to enter window, im just stock at blue screen of death, how do i fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-restart-loop-critical-process-died/9f7245a6-655a-46f7-9fa0-c6638e6fbdd8
  7. Critical Service Failure

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Critical Service Failure: I updated my laptop last week, turned it on today and came up with a Critical Service Failure whereby it wouldn’t let me log in. I managed to bypass this to complete my studies today, however i’ve tried restarting my laptop again and it has come up with the same error...
  8. BSOD reboot loop "CRITICAL SERVICE FAILED"

BSOD reboot loop "CRITICAL SERVICE FAILED": Hi there, I am in an unpleasant situation and I hope you can help me. First, I appreciate you need the correct information to diagnose - my system does not boot up anymore, not even in safe more, so I am unable to run the log collector app you require. This is what...
  9. Critical Service Failure

Critical Service Failure: Using HP and had no issue. Put laptop to sleep. Went to reopen went to blue screen labeled AUTOMATIC REPAIR. Advanced options ran chkdsk errors found Chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in user by another process. Checkdsk may run if this volume is dismounted first. ALL...
  10. Battery and service critical failure

Battery and service critical failure: Hey guys, Every time my laptop runs out of battery and it shuts down, and I turn it back on ,it always gives me the BSOD. Always "critical_service_error". I have all my drivers up to date. Last time I fixed this by resetting the windows which erased all other programs I...