Windows 10: Bsod critical_error_died

Discus and support Bsod critical_error_died in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I just installed Windows 10 Home on my computer. I ran Windows update and installed them all. However, when I tried to install my graphics driver... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Illuminati Izzy, Dec 27, 2015.

1. Bsod critical_error_died

I just installed Windows 10 Home on my computer. I ran Windows update and installed them all. However, when I tried to install my graphics driver (Intel HD Graphics 4600) my computer crashed halfway through with the BSOD CRITICAL_ERROR_DIED. I am installing the right graphics driver, and I installed Windows 10 a few minutes ago. Please help me!

:)

Illuminati Izzy, Dec 27, 2015

2. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED Blue screen error on windows 10

Old title: Critical error died windows 10

Hi there, I have a Lenovo G50, I have had it for nearly a year and just 24 hours ago i started receiving the "critical_error_died" BSOD. I receive them almost every 30 minutes and it restarts my laptop. I have searched for answers and I am starting to get
    a bit worried.

I have tried,

- updating my drivers. They are up to date.

- dsim.exe /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth, /restorehealth

- deleting my anti-virus software (avast)

- I managed to get into safe mode which was difficult as whenever I try shift+power the bsod hijacks it and restarts again. When I got onto safe mode there was an automated repair. That did nothing.

What else can I try? Please help me I need my laptop for work, I've only had it a year, it's hardly new laptop time yet

AlexWhiteley, Dec 27, 2015
  3. Driver Verifier BSOD diagnosis opinions?

Thank you very much for looking at this.

I followed the directions for uninstalling the drivers, and attempted to install new ones that I

downloaded from my motherboard maker, ASUS.
    Unfortunately, they don't provide audio drivers for anything past Win 7 64 bit, but even though I'm running Win 10, I tried them. The computer would still crash when I ran driver verifier at startup and I had
    to use a restore point.

When I checked which drivers were installed, however, it seemed to still be reverting to the original ones that initially caused the problem. So, I did some research on my own and used the Windows Show or Hide Updates program to make sure VIA wasn't auto-updating,
    but the issues persisted. So, as a last resort, I simply went to device manager and updated the audio drivers to Win 10 provided by Microsoft, but I'm still getting the driver verifier crash before the system starts. My computer is presently in this state.
    As long as I don't use driver verifier, it doesn't crash at startup, but I bet it will after normal sustained use.

The new dump files are here from the trials above. I'm curious if they're all still pointing to the audio driver, and if so/not,
    what other steps you might recommend?

BSOD Monster, Dec 27, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Bsod critical_error_died

If you are able to boot in Windows:
    1. Please read How to upload files

2. Please fill in your system specsPlease follow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely.How to fill in your system specs:

Bsod critical_error_died [​IMG]

Bsod critical_error_died [​IMG]

Thema:

Bsod critical_error_died

1. Bsod critical_error_died - Similar Threads - Bsod critical_error_died

2. BSOD caused by driver: ntoskrnl.exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD caused by driver: ntoskrnl.exe: Hi there,Anyone could help look at this minidump? Just had a BSOD about few minutes ago.https://onedrive.live.com/?id=6ABA45EBB582CEC1%2115335&cid=6ABA45EBB582CEC1...
  3. BSOD caused by driver: ntoskrnl.exe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD caused by driver: ntoskrnl.exe: Hi there,Anyone could help look at this minidump? Just had a BSOD about few minutes ago.https://onedrive.live.com/?id=6ABA45EBB582CEC1%2115335&cid=6ABA45EBB582CEC1...
  4. BSOD caused by driver: ntoskrnl.exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Laptop randomly hangs, no BSOD, have to hard reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop randomly hangs, no BSOD, have to hard reset: Recently my laptop has been randomly freezing completely. There is no blue screen, the audio stops and the trackpad and keyboard stop working. I have only recently factory reset my device 2 weeks ago due to BSOD issues. I have checked the event viewer after the freezing,...
  6. Laptop randomly hangs, no BSOD, have to hard reset

Laptop randomly hangs, no BSOD, have to hard reset: Recently my laptop has been randomly freezing completely. There is no blue screen, the audio stops and the trackpad and keyboard stop working. I have only recently factory reset my device 2 weeks ago due to BSOD issues. I have checked the event viewer after the freezing,...
  7. Troubleshooting a Myriad of BSODs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Troubleshooting a Myriad of BSODs: Below is a list of the various BSOD's that I've received over the past three weeks that I've been attempting to troubleshoot. I've looked most of them up on this and other forums and attempted a myriad of proposed solutions. Unfortunately I cannot replicate the BSODs; they...
  8. Troubleshooting a Myriad of BSODs

Troubleshooting a Myriad of BSODs: Below is a list of the various BSOD's that I've received over the past three weeks that I've been attempting to troubleshoot. I've looked most of them up on this and other forums and attempted a myriad of proposed solutions. Unfortunately I cannot replicate the BSODs; they...
  9. PC BSOD - Minidump file attached

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC BSOD - Minidump file attached: Hi to anyone that reads this. I've been blue screening daily. My friend came over to try to do something with windows without actually wiping the pc clean. We reset with files??? idk what that means. Anyway, today, I got a weird blue screen. First of it's kind. My audio...
  10. PC BSOD - Minidump file attached

PC BSOD - Minidump file attached: Hi to anyone that reads this. I've been blue screening daily. My friend came over to try to do something with windows without actually wiping the pc clean. We reset with files??? idk what that means. Anyway, today, I got a weird blue screen. First of it's kind. My audio...