Windows 10: BSOD Critical_Process_Died (After booting into Safe Mode)

Discus and support BSOD Critical_Process_Died (After booting into Safe Mode) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This might not be the place to post this issue, but I'm not sure where else to put it. I'm having a problem with my computer that displays the "It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Tiss, Oct 29, 2016.

1. Tiss Win User

BSOD Critical_Process_Died (After booting into Safe Mode)

This might not be the place to post this issue, but I'm not sure where else to put it.

I'm having a problem with my computer that displays the "It looks like Windows didn't load correctly" error-thing when I try to boot it up. I already tried messing with the boot settings and tried to boot into safe mode, but it only gives me the Critical_Process_Died BSOD. I also tried using the command prompt to do some things like sfc /scannow, but that didn't find any problems. My computer also doesn't seem to be able to boot from the windows installation disc that it came with. I'm really worried that this is an issue with my hardware, and I don't know if it's related to the stuff that happened before this.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Edit: Took the battery out, put it back in, it offered a restore, it works now.
    I'm extremely confused

:)

2. CBLWT Win User

CONSTANT BSOD ERROR - CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

I have the exact same problem on my Surface Book.

Constraint BSOD (I have about 15 seconds to try and get it into Safe Mode, etc. after each boot) with CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED.

This problem persists in Safe Mode.

This problem persists in recovery screens.

There are NO DMP files, no mini dump files, etc.

My beautiful Surface Book is now my nightmare.

CBLWT, Oct 29, 2016
  3. ehijiele1 Win User
    Windows 10 CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED on Lenovo G570

Thank you for responding, to get the files required means I have to be able to boot the system which at the moment is not possible as I keep getting the BSOD with the message "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED" when I boot normally and with safe mode. What do I do
    please?

ehijiele1, Oct 29, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

Ztruker, Oct 29, 2016
  5. Tiss Win User
    I can't get into my computer at all to run the file or upload it if I did happen to get in.

I'm completely locked out. Did I post this in the wrong section?

6. Ztruker Win User
    The restore worked though, right, and it's working okay?

Ztruker, Oct 30, 2016
  7. Tiss Win User
    It's completely fine now; no issues yet.

8. rafhelp Win User

what do you mean by pulled the battery out? Is this for a laptop, or you mean lithium battery on the motherboard/

rafhelp, Oct 31, 2016
  9. Tiss Win User
    It's just a laptop. I'm not sure if pulling out the battery was the thing that triggered the restore.

Tiss, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD Critical_Process_Died (After booting into Safe Mode) - Similar Threads - BSOD Critical_Process_Died booting

2. Infinite BSOD, can't boot into safe mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Infinite BSOD, can't boot into safe mode: I have been getting the infinite BSOD after I installed a driver. This had happened before and I fixed it by deleting amd software in safemode after downloading that faulty driver. Now I tried downloading a different one and my problem is back. I thought I could fix it again...
  3. Infinite BSOD, can't boot into safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Infinite BSOD, can't boot into safe mode: I have been getting the infinite BSOD after I installed a driver. This had happened before and I fixed it by deleting amd software in safemode after downloading that faulty driver. Now I tried downloading a different one and my problem is back. I thought I could fix it again...
  4. BSOD on boot (critical_process_died), cant boot into safe mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD on boot (critical_process_died), cant boot into safe mode: TL:DR: Can't boot (even into safe mode) after removing device 'Intel HD Graphics 4000' (and uninstalling its drivers). Getting critical_process_died BSOD. My specs: Mobo ASRock Z77 Pro4, CPU i5 3570k I had my integrated GPU (Intel HD Graphics 4000) disabled because it gave...
  5. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED, can't boot up in Safe Mode, can't access desktop. Help!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED, can't boot up in Safe Mode, can't access desktop. Help!!: A few weeks ago, I had an unfortunate spill on my laptop. However, after drying it out over night, it's mostly been fine - it just seemed that the battery was shot, as I could no longer unplug my laptop, but the computer itself worked just as it usually did. Whenever I had to...
  6. Critical Process Died while trying to boot Safe mode

Critical Process Died while trying to boot Safe mode: Hello, A friend of mine started his computer after not using it for a while, after getting passed the windows loading screen, he would get a blackscreen (Monitor is on, he also doesn't have a password). I followed this windows central page...
  7. BSOD at boot, can’t enter safe mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD at boot, can’t enter safe mode: Last night when attempting to boot my desktop I got a BSOD with the following stop code: Page fault in nonpaged area What failed: Ntfs.sys I have attempted to boot into safe mode. During the boot process I make it to the “preparing automatic repair” loading screen, but...
  8. BSOD at boot, can’t enter safe mode

BSOD at boot, can’t enter safe mode: Last night when attempting to boot my desktop I got a BSOD with the following stop code: Page fault in nonpaged area What failed: Ntfs.sys I have attempted to boot into safe mode. During the boot process I make it to the “preparing automatic repair” loading screen, but then...
  9. BSOD Can't boot to safe mode or desktop

BSOD Can't boot to safe mode or desktop: Hi all, I put my PC into sleep mode before heading out last night and upon my return I was presented with a BSOD. So I'm not actually sure if it went into sleep mode. I'm kinda at a loss as in to what is causing my bsod. It happens after the Windows logo, but doesn't...
  10. BSOD - even in safe mode - CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED ... 0x000000EF

BSOD - even in safe mode - CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED ... 0x000000EF: My machine started getting occasional blue screens with the code "The CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED bug check has a value of 0x000000EF" pointing to ntoskrnl in August. First once by itself. Then it happened again, maybe once every few days. Figured it was graphics card related, so...