Windows 10: BSOD Critical_Process_Died at random times.

Discus and support BSOD Critical_Process_Died at random times. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello I just reset my laptop using the recovery mode in windows. I have updated most of my drivers and currently have multiple BSOD per day.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KazYoko, Jul 19, 2018.

1. KazYoko Win User

BSOD Critical_Process_Died at random times.

Hello

I just reset my laptop using the recovery mode in windows. I have updated most of my drivers and currently have multiple BSOD per day. Currently, it is at 13 BSOD in the last 24 hours. These BSODs happen when I am browsing chrome, updating windows, and playing games. I was not able to find a process that would trigger a BSOD, it would just happen. But just before the BSOD typically the computer becomes unresponsive but the audio is fine. Then the computer unfreezes but taskbar becomes unresponsive. Finally, the computer BSOD where it shows the error: Critical_Process_Died and the % stays at 0 until the computer just shuts down. The BSOD does not seem to create a minidump file.

I have attached the zip file that was created from the dm_log_collector

Thank You,
    Kaz

:)

KazYoko, Jul 19, 2018

2. Critical_Process_Died BSOD

Hi,

In order to resolve your concern, we suggest that you to follow these steps:

• If you've installed any new apps or devices, uninstall or unplug them and restart your PC.
    • Make sure your PC has the latest updates:
    • Go to the search box.
    • Type Windows Update then Enter.
    • Select Check for updates.
    • In the Settings menu, select Check for updates button.
    • When it's finished, restart your PC.

You may also check this
    link
    for more troubleshooting steps regarding critical_process_died error message.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Jul 19, 2018
  3. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

4. BSOD Critical_Process_Died at random times.

Receiving CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED Error at Random Times

I recently started receiving a CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED error, at random times (as far as I can tell), which restarts my machine. I am using Windows 10 (with all the latest updates) on a Surface Book i7. This problem started happening only several days ago;
    the most recent events I can come up with that may even possibly be related are:
    1. Java Update: Slightly over a month before this problem started happening Java was updated in Internet Explorer. Although the Java update appeared to be successful, the game I usually play online in IE (which is why I keep Java installed) stopped working.
    I assumed this was the site, although it is still not working, so I do not know whether the Java update is related to the CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED I am now receiving over a month later (it seems like the problem would have started sooner if the Java update was
    the cause).

2. Groove to Spotify: I am aware of the move from Groove to Spotify. Although I have the latest version of the Groove app, it has not notified me, but I figured I would wait a week or so before working on that, so even though I doubt that Groove would start
    causing the CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED error unexpectedly (since I have been using it for a long time), I can never be sure.
    While using my machine, I normally have 3 Windows open: Groove, Edge, and Visual Studio 2017. This has been the case since I first got my machine. Although I am unaware that happened in the few days before the CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED error started occurring,
    it is always possible that an automatic update was installed by Windows Update. The error at the following URL:

'Critical Process Died' in Windows 10: Fix this Error

Appears to be the error I am receiving. However, I have tried most of the stuff suggested on the page, and I still receive the error.

Nathan Sokalski, Jul 19, 2018
Thema:

BSOD Critical_Process_Died at random times.

1. BSOD Critical_Process_Died at random times. - Similar Threads - BSOD Critical_Process_Died random

2. Random BSODs CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED with no minidump

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSODs CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED with no minidump: PSU: Thermaltake - SMART 700W ATX 80 PlusMotherboard: Gigabyte Arous B450M latest BiosCPU: Ryzen 3900XGPU: XFX 5700 XTRAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB 2 x 16GB 288-Pin PC RAM DDR4 3200 PC4 25600 Desktop Memory Model F4-3200C16D-32GVKAs soon as I start any game, my system...
  3. Random BSODs CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED with no minidump

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random BSODs CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED with no minidump: PSU: Thermaltake - SMART 700W ATX 80 PlusMotherboard: Gigabyte Arous B450M latest BiosCPU: Ryzen 3900XGPU: XFX 5700 XTRAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB 2 x 16GB 288-Pin PC RAM DDR4 3200 PC4 25600 Desktop Memory Model F4-3200C16D-32GVKAs soon as I start any game, my system...
  4. Random weekly BSODs even after reset, CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random weekly BSODs even after reset, CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED: A few months ago I built a new pc, and I've been experiencing BSODs once or twice a week using it. I already tried: updating drivers uninstalling and reinstalling graphics drivers ran memtest86 with no issues ran Sfc /scannow with no issues ran chkdsk with no issues scanned...
  5. BSOD Critical_Process_Died

BSOD Critical_Process_Died: Hello, I have various BSOD Crashes. They occur during normal Browsing. Firstly it was a "Unexpected Store Exception" in the help in another Forum at that time ( 2 weeks ago ) we managed to do a perfect SFC-Scan and a perfect DISM-Scan, which apparantly did not...
  6. Bsod: Critical_process_died

Bsod: Critical_process_died: The BSOD: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED occurred while playing Spider Solitaire, which is by itself not a critical process. A BSOD was previously posted for this system, but while the system was using an SSD drive. I've returned to the original HDD to avoid the SSD-related BSODs....
  7. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED Random BSOD

CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED Random BSOD: Hi everyone, i hope you can help. I have been experiencing random BSOD's for the past few days, mainly when playing games, but it has also happened when just idling on the desktop or web browsing. I have done a reset and a full re-install but the problem persists. I...
  8. BSOD [Critical_Process_Died] random & Screenshots added

BSOD [Critical_Process_Died] random & Screenshots added: I Got BSOD many times while setting up system settings after upgrading from windows 8.1 to 10 The last three times were when clicking on this option: Attachment 29404 another behavior that caused the BSOD Attachment 29558 14111
  9. BSOD on start up every time - CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

BSOD on start up every time - CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED: Every time I startup my computer, I get a blue screen of death with the message "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED". This happens after the windows 10 logo appears, but before I reach the login screen or desktop. The computer then restarts automatically and attempts an "Automatic...
  10. Random BSOD when logging in, at desktop. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

Random BSOD when logging in, at desktop. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED: Hi good afternoon all. I have some issues with my Sony Vaio Pro 13. It was shipped with Windows 8, which I upgraded to 8.1, then to Windows 10. This is when the BSODs started. The BSODs will occur during the windows login, or after the desktop has loaded. From time to time, I...