Windows 10: BSOD: "Critical_Process_Died"

Discus and support BSOD: "Critical_Process_Died" in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; 5 year old Toshiba netbook, purchased with Win7 Starter installed was eligible for and did free Win10 install in July has worked fine, up til last... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by 7with10, Oct 13, 2015.

1. 7with10 Win User

BSOD: "Critical_Process_Died"

• 5 year old Toshiba netbook, purchased with Win7 Starter installed
    • was eligible for and did free Win10 install in July
    • has worked fine, up til last Thursday (October 8, 2015)
    • 10/8/15 began crashing, "Critical_Process_Died". Allows me to restart computer, but BSOD's every two hours.
    • taken to Best Buy Geek Squad today (October 13, 2015). Says there's nothing to do for it but re-install original programing; citing age and claims Win7 products don't adapt to Win10 very well.

I just wanted to know if there actually was something else I could do, considering that if I restore the original (again, win7 starter), not only would I lose what I have, but original is so damn limited there's only so much I could gain back. Also, parents are sure as hell not purchasing a new laptop.

:)

7with10, Oct 13, 2015

2. Windows 10 sleep/wake BSOD

Ok.. so i have recreated the BSOD with all the changes and configuration as suggested.. the pc is currently sitting with BSOD "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED" at 0% complete. I can hear the fans running, but the status stays at 0%.. should i wait, or force the
    restart?

DKflip1981, Oct 13, 2015
  3. musum Win User
    " SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

SO HERE'S THE LINK TO THAT PIC

http://i26.tinypic.com/2ihbdco.jpg

CAN U PLZ CHECK IT ACTUALLY I HAVE USED THE NOKIA SOFTWARE UPDATER B4 ... BUT I DONT KNW WHY I M GETTING THIS ERROR NOW

musum, Oct 13, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi 7with10,

Welcome to the 10forums.

Please upload a new zip file, the attached zip file is empty.

5. 7with10 Win User
    Yeah, I don't know what I'm doing wrong; the upload always looks like it's working, but when I go to check it to make sure, the folder is empty. Possible side-symptom of my computer screwing up?

7with10, Oct 13, 2015
  6. axe0 New Member
    Please try following:
    • Open an admin command prompt
    • Copy/paste "sfc/scannow" (without quotes) and press enter
    • When it finished reboot your system
    • Open again an admin command prompt
    • Enter sfc/scannow again
    If sfc/scannow does NOT say "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violation" after the second SFC, please upload the cbs.log file located at {windows partition}\Windows\Logs\CBS\, if the file is too large try a 3rd party uploader like dropbox, onedrive, google drive, mediafire etc.
    System File Check(SFC a.k.a. Windows Resource Protection) needs to have your system rebooted in order for sfc to try to fix the problems that it finds.

7. 7with10 Win User
    command prompt open; says "must be admin to run sfc/scannow". I guess it doesn't believe I'm the admin(?). Maybe I should just quit and let it die.(?)

7with10, Oct 15, 2015
  8. axe0 New Member

When opening command prompt, right click on it and choose 'run as administrator', if prompted click yes/ok.

9. 7with10 Win User
    thank you for being patient. I got through the first scan, and my computer was in the process of rebooting when the crash happened again. does that affect the instructions you gave me? I can't get through 2 scans back to back, it BSOD's every hour now.

7with10, Oct 15, 2015
  10. axe0 New Member
    It shouldn't affect something.
    Are you able to boot in safe mode to try sfc?

Thema:

1. BSOD: "Critical_Process_Died" - Similar Threads - BSOD Critical_Process_Died

2. BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe with error code CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe with error code CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED: So whenever I run a game my PC crashes with one of the following BSODs:CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED happened 3-4 timesKERNAL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR happened only onceUNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION happened the mostGames I tried are:Rocket LeagueMinecraftRobloxThings I tried to fix it:Ran...
  3. BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe with error code CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe with error code CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED: So whenever I run a game my PC crashes with one of the following BSODs:CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED happened 3-4 timesKERNAL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR happened only onceUNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION happened the mostGames I tried are:Rocket LeagueMinecraftRobloxThings I tried to fix it:Ran...
  4. BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe with error code CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSOD: This Morning I did do a couple of changes to computer that may be related to this BSOD?In Device Manager, I did disable my integrated video card and integrated sound card. I also installed a couple new programs. I installed RivaTuner Statistics Server, GOG Galaxy and the game...
  6. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSOD

CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSOD: This Morning I did do a couple of changes to computer that may be related to this BSOD?In Device Manager, I did disable my integrated video card and integrated sound card. I also installed a couple new programs. I installed RivaTuner Statistics Server, GOG Galaxy and the game...
  7. BSOD CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED: Hello,My PC has been bluescreening a lot recently and giving various errors. I have managed to fix most of them one was virtualbox drivers, one was SSD running too hot etc but my computer is now continuously getting the BSOD error: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED. I have reinstalled...
  8. BSOD CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

BSOD CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED: Hello,My PC has been bluescreening a lot recently and giving various errors. I have managed to fix most of them one was virtualbox drivers, one was SSD running too hot etc but my computer is now continuously getting the BSOD error: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED. I have reinstalled...
  9. Constant BSOD Critical_Process_Died on windows 11 WHEA on windows10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant BSOD Critical_Process_Died on windows 11 WHEA on windows10: Hi,i was having constant BSOD WHEA under windows 10, then i did a clean reinstallation of windows 11 and i'm now getting Critical_Process_Died.-> BSOD occurs quite randomly browsing, restarting windows.. and also when putting load on cpu/gpu some games, Unity, at a random...
  10. Constant BSOD Critical_Process_Died on windows 11 WHEA on windows10

Constant BSOD Critical_Process_Died on windows 11 WHEA on windows10: Hi,i was having constant BSOD WHEA under windows 10, then i did a clean reinstallation of windows 11 and i'm now getting Critical_Process_Died.-> BSOD occurs quite randomly browsing, restarting windows.. and also when putting load on cpu/gpu some games, Unity, at a random...