Windows 10: Bsod: Critical_process_died

Discus and support Bsod: Critical_process_died in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The BSOD: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED occurred while playing Spider Solitaire, which is by itself not a critical process. A BSOD was previously posted for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by geoB, Aug 31, 2016.

1. geoB Win User

Bsod: Critical_process_died

The BSOD: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED occurred while playing Spider Solitaire, which is by itself not a critical process. A BSOD was previously posted for this system, but while the system was using an SSD drive. I've returned to the original HDD to avoid the SSD-related BSODs.

Your analysis is greatly appreciated.

George

:)

2. LudwigAJ Win User

BSODs since yesterday when using GPU intensive programs.

The BSOD is always: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

LudwigAJ, Aug 31, 2016
  3. BSOD error "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED" while waking From Sleep.

Every time I wake up my computer, I get a BSOD saying that a CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

Štefan Darvaš, Aug 31, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

Please fill in your system specsPlease follow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely including PSU, cooling and other used stuff like mouse, keyboard, monitor, case, etc.
    The PSU, cooling and other stuff are NOT mentioned in the tool.How to fill in your system specs:

Bsod: Critical_process_died [​IMG]

Bsod: Critical_process_died [​IMG]

axe0, Sep 1, 2016
  5. geoB Win User
    I have no source other than HP's specs for the laptop and that info is not particularly specific. If what I've provided is not sufficient then I find this BSOD exercise substantially less than useful.

geoB, Sep 2, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    Those kind of information can be excluded, things as PSU, cooling and such are pretty much always stock and work as they should.
    You may want to have a look at how I filled out my laptop in the system specs from a sisterforum *Arrow View Profile: - Windows 8 Forums

I answer 75% of the time via my mobile when I don't post suggestions after analysis, what is fairly often. With a mobile I cannot properly access the information in the zip. You would help me dearly by providing as much details as possible in the 'My System Specs'.
    If you still would not want to help me with your system specs, no problem but I'd rather spend my time on other things than everytime searching for what I need. This often results in less quality help what results in more unnecessary time spending on a problem and I know we both don't want that.

Please keep in mind, we're only volunteers offering our free time to do what we like to do, helping others. We would appreciate it if those we try to help would help us by doing what we ask.

axe0, Sep 2, 2016
  7. geoB Win User
    I very much appreciate the volunteer nature of your contribution. I completed the system specs to the best of my ability. I do not yet know whether what I provided was sufficient to make a meaningful analysis. I hope it was sufficient. If there are specifications that do not contribute to the analysis it would be useful to know that beforehand.

geoB, Sep 2, 2016
  8. axe0 New Member

It is best to fill in the system specs on the site where it is asked for them so we won't get confused with where the information is preventing me from asking twice for it when I've forgotten *Smile

axe0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Bsod: Critical_process_died - Similar Threads - Bsod Critical_process_died

2. BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe with error code CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe with error code CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED: So whenever I run a game my PC crashes with one of the following BSODs:CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED happened 3-4 timesKERNAL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR happened only onceUNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION happened the mostGames I tried are:Rocket LeagueMinecraftRobloxThings I tried to fix it:Ran...
  3. BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe with error code CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe with error code CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED: So whenever I run a game my PC crashes with one of the following BSODs:CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED happened 3-4 timesKERNAL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR happened only onceUNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION happened the mostGames I tried are:Rocket LeagueMinecraftRobloxThings I tried to fix it:Ran...
  4. BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe with error code CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSOD: This Morning I did do a couple of changes to computer that may be related to this BSOD?In Device Manager, I did disable my integrated video card and integrated sound card. I also installed a couple new programs. I installed RivaTuner Statistics Server, GOG Galaxy and the game...
  6. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSOD

CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSOD: This Morning I did do a couple of changes to computer that may be related to this BSOD?In Device Manager, I did disable my integrated video card and integrated sound card. I also installed a couple new programs. I installed RivaTuner Statistics Server, GOG Galaxy and the game...
  7. BSOD CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED: Hello,My PC has been bluescreening a lot recently and giving various errors. I have managed to fix most of them one was virtualbox drivers, one was SSD running too hot etc but my computer is now continuously getting the BSOD error: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED. I have reinstalled...
  8. BSOD CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

BSOD CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED: Hello,My PC has been bluescreening a lot recently and giving various errors. I have managed to fix most of them one was virtualbox drivers, one was SSD running too hot etc but my computer is now continuously getting the BSOD error: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED. I have reinstalled...
  9. Constant BSOD Critical_Process_Died on windows 11 WHEA on windows10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant BSOD Critical_Process_Died on windows 11 WHEA on windows10: Hi,i was having constant BSOD WHEA under windows 10, then i did a clean reinstallation of windows 11 and i'm now getting Critical_Process_Died.-> BSOD occurs quite randomly browsing, restarting windows.. and also when putting load on cpu/gpu some games, Unity, at a random...
  10. Constant BSOD Critical_Process_Died on windows 11 WHEA on windows10

Constant BSOD Critical_Process_Died on windows 11 WHEA on windows10: Hi,i was having constant BSOD WHEA under windows 10, then i did a clean reinstallation of windows 11 and i'm now getting Critical_Process_Died.-> BSOD occurs quite randomly browsing, restarting windows.. and also when putting load on cpu/gpu some games, Unity, at a random...