Windows 10: BSOD (Critical_Structure_Corruption) once every few days or so

Discus and support BSOD (Critical_Structure_Corruption) once every few days or so in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Sounds good! If a new BSOD does happen, make sure you post the new files. Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RaduAvr, Aug 24, 2016.

1. BSOD (Critical_Structure_Corruption) once every few days or so

Sounds good! If a new BSOD does happen, make sure you post the new files.

HonorGamer, Aug 25, 2016
  2. RaduAvr Win User

Yeah, will do. In the meantime, I edited my last post so can you take a look at it? It has all the non-Microsoft drivers listed with some questions.

RaduAvr, Aug 25, 2016
  3. ahh i didn't see this when i replied!

Let me take a look.....

RivaTuner. It is a known BSOD causer in Win7. Lets uninstall Rivatuner for now, and if it appears not to be the problem then you can always reinstall it.

You can always check for an update at Drivers & Software

As for this, I had to google a solution for it. I found it, but only do it if you feel comfortable manually deleting files from your system folder. Here is the link https://dottech.org/101997/how-to-un...rs-on-windows/ I suggest ONLY removing the files and do not touch your systems registry.

HonorGamer, Aug 25, 2016
  4. RaduAvr Win User

BSOD (Critical_Structure_Corruption) once every few days or so

I have W10, so I'd say it shouldn't be the issue especially as it's been fine for a long time with no BSODs (only recently they started appearing). However, I'll uninstall it.

For the Intel Driver Update Utility, it gives me: "Windows can't open this type of file (.bat)". I suppose the associations are messed up? How do I set Windows to open .bat files normally?

As for xqhdrv.sys, I followed that advice before and indeed those files (the ones the website mentioned) were there and I deleted them, but the website doesn't say anything about xqhdrv.sys.

EDIT: Nevermind about Intel Driver Update Utility, found the fix. Regedit folder in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\.bat and set Default to batfile.

EDIT2: Uninstalled Rivatuner, however its driver file still persists and it can be seen in Driver Verifier even after turning off Driver Verifier and turning it on again (deleting settings, and rebooting).

EDIT3: I was able to get rid of the RivaTuner driver file, it seems uninstalling RivaTuner was not enough. I also had to uninstall MSI Afterburner.

RaduAvr, Aug 25, 2016
  5. It might not be the issue. I am not forcing you to uninstall it, I am just trying to narrow down an issue.

.bat is normally ran with cmd as batch is a type of coding language for command line. Did you try this install? Download Intel® Management Engine Consumer Driver for Intel® NUC

I will take a look more at this driver, and reply with what I find.

HonorGamer, Aug 25, 2016
  6. RaduAvr Win User
    RaduAvr, Aug 25, 2016
  7. Looks solid to me. For now we can standby until there is a new BSOD.

HonorGamer, Aug 25, 2016
  8. RaduAvr Win User

But we still haven't fixed the xqhdrv.sys issue. Should I delete it or what?

There's also e2xw10x64.sys and bcmsmbsp.sys which I had questions about above.

RaduAvr, Aug 25, 2016
  9. Our main focus is the BSODs. On the side I will see what I can figure out about these drivers. But we won't know if they are causing the BSODs until the next one.

HonorGamer, Aug 25, 2016
  10. RaduAvr Win User
    I deleted xqhdrv.sys, since it seems to be related to VirtualBox and shouldn't hurt at all since I've already uninstalled it.

Regarding the network drivers (e2xw10x64.sys), I updated them as, conveniently, it seems the last drivers were released on 15 August: Killer Networking - Standard Drivers

Now I'm going to turn on Driver Verifier again and keep searching for bcmsmbsp.sys to find out why I actually have it.

RaduAvr, Aug 25, 2016
  11. RaduAvr Win User
    Just got a BSOD again, but this time it was "WORKER INVALID". Here are the debug files.

RaduAvr, Aug 28, 2016
  12. I apologize for the late reply!

The type of errors I am getting from your dump files are starting to point more towards memory. I would suggest doing a MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums just to be safe.

Please let it run for a minimum of 8 passes! Once it is done with it's 8th pass. Post back results, and we will go from there.

HonorGamer, Aug 29, 2016
  13. RaduAvr Win User

Hey,

I'll get to the memory test soon.

However, I have one more question. Before, I had the "Write debugging information" in "Startup and Recovery" set to "Small memory dump", but "Automatic memory dump" seems to be better, so I set it to that. It did however, warn me that I need 800 MB at least page file or something, but I set my C: drive (the SSD, and where I have my operating system of course) to system managed and no page file on the rest. What should I set these to?

RaduAvr, Aug 29, 2016
  14. HonorGamer, Aug 29, 2016
  15. RaduAvr Win User
    I looked at that, but it doesn't give the necessary information that I need.

1. It doesn't recommend which one to use, merely states how you can change the settings.
    2. It doesn't tell me how the page file should be set up.

RaduAvr, Aug 29, 2016
Thema:

1. BSOD (Critical_Structure_Corruption) once every few days or so - Similar Threads - BSOD Critical_Structure_Corruption once

2. Random BSODs every few days

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random BSODs every few days: For the past few months I've been random BSODs for seemingly no reason, the computer isn't being stressed or doing anything 'unique' at the time it happens, the BSOD errors include : 01/06/23 : PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA01/03/23 : Memory Management : WARNING: Unable to...
  3. Random BSODs every few days

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random BSODs every few days: For the past few months I've been random BSODs for seemingly no reason, the computer isn't being stressed or doing anything 'unique' at the time it happens, the BSOD errors include : 01/06/23 : PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA01/03/23 : Memory Management : WARNING: Unable to...
  4. Random BSODs every few days

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. BSOD every day or so

BSOD every day or so: Hello, I've been getting a BSOD lately and I'd like to know what's wrong. I only have 1 minidump file for some reason from a couple of days ago. Please let me know if you can help, and I'll upload it. Thanks...
  6. BSoD once at least every day

BSoD once at least every day: My PC blue screens randomy at least once a day, i checked the eroor in computer managment and its all the same. The BSoD error messages vary from IRQL_not_LESS_OR_EQUAL to System service exception to apc index mismatch. I have tested the memory with memtest and the windows...
  7. Getting BSODs Every Few Days

Getting BSODs Every Few Days: Hi, For the past 6 months I have been getting the odd BSOD on Windows 10. I've updated all drivers I could think of and have run MemTest several times even overnight but my memory always passes with no errors. My hardware: CPU: Ryzen 3700X Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus...
  8. BSODs Every Few Days

BSODs Every Few Days: Hello, I recently upgraded my PC with new mobo/gpu/cpu/ram, and have been having BSODs on and off since. They have only happened when I was away from the computer, so I didn't realize they were happening until one occurred while my wife was using Autodesk Revit. She has...
  9. Various BSODs every few days

Various BSODs every few days: Hello I have been getting random BSODs for the past couple weeks, been trying to figure it out on my own but I feel like it is time to ask for some help. Recently the BSOD had the error message KERNAL_SECURITY-CHECK-FAILURE. I rebooted with Driver Verifier and got the...
  10. BSOD Every day or so

BSOD Every day or so: The system has been experiencing BSODs ever since upgrading to windows 10. No BSOD for 3+ months prior to upgrading (windows 7). The windows 10 install is a fresh clean install not an upgrade from windows 7. I have run sfc /scannow which did repair some files but two...