Windows 10: BSOD (Critical_Structure_Corruption) once every few days or so

Discus and support BSOD (Critical_Structure_Corruption) once every few days or so in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I mentioned that it's from CPU-Z earlier *Wink There are a few other programs that use these drivers, like speccy, hence why I added 'likely'.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RaduAvr, Aug 24, 2016.

1. axe0 New Member

BSOD (Critical_Structure_Corruption) once every few days or so

I mentioned that it's from CPU-Z earlier *Wink
    There are a few other programs that use these drivers, like speccy, hence why I added 'likely'.

Updating the software should resolve the outdated driver issue.

2. RaduAvr Win User

Ah, ok, got it. The thing is, I need that specific OCCT version to do GPU memtests. Already did 30 passes of it anyway, so I uninstalled it. 0 errors.

As for Furmark, I've been running it with the same settings the tutorial suggested. I can't notice any artifacting or corruption similar to what I had in the video. Also, I started the test at the time I made my last post. So, it's been an hour and still nothing.

Does that mean it's not VRAM then that causes the graphic corruption I linked? Or not sure yet? I need a better test for this, I suppose. It's not exactly BSOD related, but...

RaduAvr, Sep 11, 2016
  3. axe0 New Member
    Furmark is a fairly proper test. If VRAM would be the issue Furmark is a good test to identify it as a hardware problem is mostly identified by stress testing.
    If you'd want you could run Furmark for a few hours to see if that results in anything.

4. RaduAvr Win User

Memtest86 is currently running. Not using the + version because it didn't boot. I guess it doesn't support uefi, the plus version.

I set it to 20 passes, currently on second one. It seems to take around an hour or so for each pass.

I'll probably stop it after 10 passes or so, should be enough right?

RaduAvr, Sep 21, 2016
  5. axe0 New Member
    That is correct, which is why BIOS settings need to be changed from UEFI to legacy (or whatever it is called)
    Also fast startup needs to be disabled to boot MemTest86+

6. RaduAvr Win User
    I didn't mention it, but I did switch to legacy. No go. Also messed with boot priorities and didn't help.

Fast and secure boot are both turned off.

Anyway, currently 3 passes in with no errors. Gonna mention again that I still didn't get another BSOD recently.

RaduAvr, Sep 21, 2016
  7. axe0 New Member
    It usually helps to load the default settings in the BIOS and then change the boot mode, odd enough though.

8. RaduAvr Win User

Memtest86 is still running. How many passes? Stop it at 8, just like the other one? It has been going for 7 hours with 5 passes done.

Also, it seems that each pass takes longer than the previous one. Is that normal?

0 errors still, by the way.

EDIT: 10 passes, and then I stopped the test (almost 11 passes). 0 errors.

RaduAvr, Sep 21, 2016
  9. axe0 New Member
    Because there is a significant difference with MemTest86 & MemTest86+ you need to run MemTest86+.
    Restore the default settings in the BIOS, enable legacy boot mode and disable fast startup in Windows, then try to boot MemTest86+

Don't forget to make a photo of the result.

Thema:

1. BSOD (Critical_Structure_Corruption) once every few days or so - Similar Threads - BSOD Critical_Structure_Corruption once

2. Random BSODs every few days

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random BSODs every few days: For the past few months I've been random BSODs for seemingly no reason, the computer isn't being stressed or doing anything 'unique' at the time it happens, the BSOD errors include : 01/06/23 : PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA01/03/23 : Memory Management : WARNING: Unable to...
  3. Random BSODs every few days

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random BSODs every few days: For the past few months I've been random BSODs for seemingly no reason, the computer isn't being stressed or doing anything 'unique' at the time it happens, the BSOD errors include : 01/06/23 : PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA01/03/23 : Memory Management : WARNING: Unable to...
  4. Random BSODs every few days

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. BSOD every day or so

BSOD every day or so: Hello, I've been getting a BSOD lately and I'd like to know what's wrong. I only have 1 minidump file for some reason from a couple of days ago. Please let me know if you can help, and I'll upload it. Thanks...
  6. BSoD once at least every day

BSoD once at least every day: My PC blue screens randomy at least once a day, i checked the eroor in computer managment and its all the same. The BSoD error messages vary from IRQL_not_LESS_OR_EQUAL to System service exception to apc index mismatch. I have tested the memory with memtest and the windows...
  7. Getting BSODs Every Few Days

Getting BSODs Every Few Days: Hi, For the past 6 months I have been getting the odd BSOD on Windows 10. I've updated all drivers I could think of and have run MemTest several times even overnight but my memory always passes with no errors. My hardware: CPU: Ryzen 3700X Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus...
  8. BSODs Every Few Days

BSODs Every Few Days: Hello, I recently upgraded my PC with new mobo/gpu/cpu/ram, and have been having BSODs on and off since. They have only happened when I was away from the computer, so I didn't realize they were happening until one occurred while my wife was using Autodesk Revit. She has...
  9. Various BSODs every few days

Various BSODs every few days: Hello I have been getting random BSODs for the past couple weeks, been trying to figure it out on my own but I feel like it is time to ask for some help. Recently the BSOD had the error message KERNAL_SECURITY-CHECK-FAILURE. I rebooted with Driver Verifier and got the...
  10. BSOD Every day or so

BSOD Every day or so: The system has been experiencing BSODs ever since upgrading to windows 10. No BSOD for 3+ months prior to upgrading (windows 7). The windows 10 install is a fresh clean install not an upgrade from windows 7. I have run sfc /scannow which did repair some files but two...