Windows 10: BSOD DCP_Watchdog_violation playing Doom/Star Citizen

Discus and support BSOD DCP_Watchdog_violation playing Doom/Star Citizen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have had this issue before and tried reinstalling my OS and formatting my storage drive, the only drive i didnt touch was my gaming SSD which only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LordDread, Jul 12, 2016.

1. LordDread Win User

BSOD DCP_Watchdog_violation playing Doom/Star Citizen

I have had this issue before and tried reinstalling my OS and formatting my storage drive, the only drive i didnt touch was my gaming SSD which only has steam, a few games, and some college homework on it. I created DM log collector thingy its attacatched to this post.

Anyhow, i usually see this happen while im playing games that require a certain amount of load on my system: Doom, Star citizen, Civilization 5.

However, i have gotten it while using microsoft media creation tool to reinstall windows.

I would also like to mention that i had this issue even back in windows 7, i upgraded to windows 10 to hopefully fix it, at which point it stopped happening in civilization 5 which was great but now im back in the same boat with doom.

Any help would be appreciated!
    Attachment 89985

:)

LordDread, Jul 12, 2016
  2. ka101 Win User

Window 10 - game keep crashing

Hi,

I playing Star Citizen Arena Commander and Heroes of the Storm. After I upgraded to Window 10, they keep crashing. I don't have this problem with window 8.1. This is very frustrated. Anyone can advise how to solve this problem? Thanks.

Regards

Scott

ka101, Jul 12, 2016
  3. RaazDost Win User
    Doom

• You really love Doom and still play it to this day. You have upgraded your system to Windows 10 and want to continue to play Doom. Doom gives an error when you try to run it. Explain the steps you can take to get Doom to play on your Windows 10 system.

RaazDost, Jul 12, 2016
  4. KKM
    KKM Win User

While in Windows 7 did you ever update the AMD Raid Drivers?

Try updating the Raid Driver using AMD's Website.
    Chipset

Should be called ​AMD Chipset Drivers Crimson Edition 16.4.2.

5. Ztruker Win User
    Looking at the running processes, you have AdAware AV, AVG and Spybot S&D all running.

I suggest uninstalling all three for now and run with the built-in Windows Defender (make sure it's enabled via Control Panel).
    See what that does for you.

Meanwhile I'll take a look at the dumps.

Ztruker, Jul 13, 2016
  6. Ztruker Win User
    The latest dump indicates a problem with ceusbaud.sys.

See if you can find a updated driver for the device or remove it then test.

Ztruker, Jul 13, 2016
  7. LordDread Win User
    Thats my external DAC... basically a fancy external audiocard/headphone amp. I update it to the latest drivers. Could the malware protection and antivirus really cause this issue? I mean im willing to try but that seems like kind of a strech, most of the threads i have seen about the watchdog issue seem to deal with drivers or sleep/hibernate.

LordDread, Jul 13, 2016
  8. LordDread Win User

It happened again this time while playing Guild wars 2, uninstalling my antivirus and centrance driver.

I'm also installing some drivers for my mobo so i have sound.

LordDread, Jul 13, 2016
  9. LordDread Win User
    Welp, my primary SSD (OS drive) went off the rails. Its not bricked but its definitely not all there. I installed to my 500gb gaming ssd. Hopefully that was what was causing the main issue. I'll slowly reintroduce everything and see whats up, ill keep you guys posted.

LordDread, Jul 14, 2016
  10. Ztruker Win User
    That could very well be the cause. Painful to replace but I hope that was the cause.

Ztruker, Jul 15, 2016
  11. LordDread Win User
    Alright i figured it out, it wasn't the harddrive it was the beta win 10 drivers for my DAC. Its a Centrance dacport slim. So i'll have to wait till they release stable drivers for it until then ill have to deal with realtek audio. Thanks for the help everyone!

LordDread, Jul 31, 2016
  12. Ztruker Win User
    That's the one I mentioned (sort of) in post #4. Glad you figured it out.

Ztruker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD DCP_Watchdog_violation playing Doom/Star Citizen - Similar Threads - BSOD DCP_Watchdog_violation playing

2. BSOD when playing doom eternal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when playing doom eternal: I only get a Blue screen in this game as of now. The only error message i get is "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"My laptops specs are:RTX 4060 Laptop Gpu12th Gen Intel Core 17-12650Hand I am using a gigabyte G5 KF5.The error log is...
  3. BSOD when playing doom eternal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD when playing doom eternal: I only get a Blue screen in this game as of now. The only error message i get is "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"My laptops specs are:RTX 4060 Laptop Gpu12th Gen Intel Core 17-12650Hand I am using a gigabyte G5 KF5.The error log is...
  4. Failed to fetch code error in Star Citizen [Fix]

in Windows 10 News
    Failed to fetch code error in Star Citizen [Fix]: [IMG]Star Citizen is a highly addictive space simulation video game. It has captured the attention of its gamers. However, the gamers are quite agitated with the oncoming error codes. One such error code is the Failed to Fetch code:error that pops up right before the game...
  5. Star Citizen not responding...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Star Citizen not responding...: While playing Star Citizen, it began to hang for any seconds and minutes. This happens during the Free Fly events. can please tell how to fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/star-citizen-not-responding/ff454eb7-e176-41f7-8762-6f6574af17c6
  6. BSOD when playing Doom Eternal

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when playing Doom Eternal: I'm getting a WHEA_Uncorrectable_Error when playing Doom Eternal. I've just recently built my computer and I haven't played many games on it. I know it isn't very demanding, but I played a Stellaris game that took several hours to complete and never got a blue screen. On the...
  7. BSOD caused by DCP_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD caused by DCP_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION...: So recently one of my friends had an issue with his pc. He was playing Destiny 2 and went upstairs to get a drink and came back down and his pc had frozen, and eventually showed bsod. We've been troubleshooting it for the past two days with still no luck. We've reset and...
  8. DCP_WATCHDOG_Violation - at the point where I cant play games

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DCP_WATCHDOG_Violation - at the point where I cant play games: I've been getting this error for over a year now. It is at the point where I cant play games and which I have a PC for. When ever I try to download a new Driver for my Graphics card while just using the computer, It freezes and goes to the error screen . I have to download a...
  9. BSOD watching Youtube & VLC (DCP_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD watching Youtube & VLC (DCP_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION): Hi, Since a couple of weeks ago the problem started. At the beginning it only appears from time to time, but since yesterday the problem persists and it is impossible to use VLC or to watch a video on Youtube. I always get the same BSOD with DCP_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. I...
  10. Dcp_watchdog_violation?

in Windows 10 Support
    Dcp_watchdog_violation?: hi there to anyone that sees this, I have been having some really annoying and frustrating problems with my PC lately. My PC keeps crashing an coming up with the blue screen of death saying DCP_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION which I did my homework and went and tried most of the logical...