Windows 10: BSOD Doing basic tasks.

Discus and support BSOD Doing basic tasks. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi all, I received a brand new laptop yesterday (Dell Inspiron 15 7567) and it has been absolutely brilliant whilst running my music production... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Cryptoncore, Sep 5, 2017.

1. BSOD Doing basic tasks.

Hi all,
    I received a brand new laptop yesterday (Dell Inspiron 15 7567) and it has been absolutely brilliant whilst running my music production software, photoshop and some big title games.

However.

Today whilst I was transferring some files using a Tecknet HDD Bay to move some files off my old laptop to my new one and I got a bluescreen that mentioned "Bad Pool Caller" not sure what to do about this but I did check the event viewer (whether this is relevant or not) but it does say about kernel power being limited by system, the laptop is plugged into the AC Adapter.

I am now as I write this message running Dell SupportAssist hardware checkup but I was wondering if anyone might be able to check my BSOD for me, hopefully uncovering exactly what the issue is.

Thanks a lot,

Aaron.

P.S apologies for originally posting this in the wrong area!

The Zip file is attached here:
    Attachment 152196

:)

Cryptoncore, Sep 5, 2017

2. Corrupt system, and this does not work: DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /source:WIMBSOD Doing basic tasks. :D:\Sources\Install.wim:1 /LimitAccess

Final verdict: I think I move back to Windows 8. It's not that I want, because it had 1 BSOD per day, but at least it allowed my PC to carry out basic tasks such as listening to music.

Mr. Jack Hill, Sep 5, 2017
  3. grschinon Win User
    basic troubleshooting procedure before doing the hard reset

That's not a soft reset. It's a restore factory settings.

The soft reset (only available on S60v2 and upwards) is *#7370#.

The hard reset is switching the phone on with 3 buttons pressed down, usually '*', '3' and 'call' but it depends on the model.

grschinon, Sep 5, 2017
  4. Spectrum Win User

BSOD Doing basic tasks.

The crash appears to have been caused by Netwtw04.sys, your Intel Wifi Driver. You are currently running version 19.20.0.6 of it.

I would suggest updating to the latest version Dell supports. However, if you continue to get crashes, upgrade to the latest version directly from Intel.

Driver from Dell (19.60.0.7)
    Driver from Intel (19.70.0.0)

Spectrum, Sep 5, 2017
  5. Thank you very much for taking the time to look, really appreciate it. I'll get that driver installed now.

Cryptoncore, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

BSOD Doing basic tasks.

1. BSOD Doing basic tasks. - Similar Threads - BSOD Doing basic

2. My pc suddenly cant do Basic tasks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc suddenly cant do Basic tasks: Hi guys, my pc started to act very weirdly recently. When i start the pc it acts normaly but when i try to move any files from folder to folder it just gets stuck on calculating. I cant even cancel the task and cant launch the task manager. When i try to factory reset the pc,...
  3. My pc suddenly cant do Basic tasks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc suddenly cant do Basic tasks: Hi guys, my pc started to act very weirdly recently. When i start the pc it acts normaly but when i try to move any files from folder to folder it just gets stuck on calculating. I cant even cancel the task and cant launch the task manager. When i try to factory reset the pc,...
  4. My pc suddenly cant do Basic tasks

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. External USB Port Prevents Windows 11 To Do Basic Tasks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External USB Port Prevents Windows 11 To Do Basic Tasks: Whenever I connect my external USB port to my computer, I would experience these problems:- Certain applications won’t launch sometimes.- Windows will show infinite shutting down screen, restarting screen, Windows loading screen when turn on, welcome screen sometimes.Please...
  6. External USB Port Prevents Windows 11 To Do Basic Tasks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External USB Port Prevents Windows 11 To Do Basic Tasks: Whenever I connect my external USB port to my computer, I would experience these problems:- Certain applications won’t launch sometimes.- Windows will show infinite shutting down screen, restarting screen, Windows loading screen when turn on, welcome screen sometimes.Please...
  7. Help! BSOD while doing classes on zoom and doing basic things.

Help! BSOD while doing classes on zoom and doing basic things.: As classes have started we transferred to zoom so that we could have a more reliable meeting software and today I have crashed and received BSOD errors several times today. Could anyone help me troubleshoot it? These are all the dump files, I think I managed to send them...
  8. Pass multiple arguments in a "basic task" in task scheduler.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pass multiple arguments in a "basic task" in task scheduler.: In the Add arguments(optional): Can I pass two tasks to perform? add HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Themes\Personalize /v AppUsesLightTheme /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f add HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Themes\Personalize /v SystemUsesLightTheme /t...
  9. 0x2 error on basic task

in Windows 10 Support
    0x2 error on basic task: On all my computers I always add a basic task to update Defender definitions every four hours. Couldn't be a more basic task. On my new computer I noticed the task had never run. Deleted and recreated the task EXACTLY the same as on every other computer and it shows 0x2 under...
  10. BSOD Nearly every day doing basic tasks - WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124

BSOD Nearly every day doing basic tasks - WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124: Hello. I'm so glad to have found this forum! My laptop is about 6 months old. i7-4810MQ CPU @ 2.80GHZ. 16GM Memory. Nearly every day I get a BSOD with WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. I'm typically am not doing anything with a heavy load like gaming. Although, If I'm watching...