Windows 10: BSOD doing random tasks, f.x. updating Windows, browsing.

Discus and support BSOD doing random tasks, f.x. updating Windows, browsing. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I'm, having trouble with my PC, few weeks ago when I started it the next morning after having used it the evening before the PC did not boot up,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Svensonite, Oct 14, 2017.

1. BSOD doing random tasks, f.x. updating Windows, browsing.

Hi, I'm, having trouble with my PC, few weeks ago when I started it the next morning after having used it the evening before the PC did not boot up, just black screened when stated and the cooling fans hissed a bit.

I reinstalled Windows 10 and since I'm having this BSOD problem when doing random tasks while seting the PC back up.
    Was hoping I could get some help reading the memory dump becaus I'm quite lost what could be going wrong.

Best regards
    Sveinn

:)

Svensonite, Oct 14, 2017
  2. C-aLica Win User

random Freezing leads to BSOD. I give up.

Hi, I just bought this laptop Lenovo Legion Y720 and installed a NVMe SSD for Windows.

I'm using Windows 10 HSL edition came from Lenovo.

For no reason I got random freezing while playing games or just browsing and do other chill stuff and that leads to BSOD.

Please help me identify and solve this thing...

I attached multiple Minidump file from the BSOD.

091917-6406-01.dmp

092217-5984-01.dmp

please help me solve this..

C-aLica, Oct 14, 2017
  3. Random BSOD on Windows 10 For No Reason? Fix?

I have two Windows-based laptops. One runs Windows 7 Professional and the other runs Windows 10 Pro. On the Windows 10 PC, I keep getting a random BSOD for absolutely no reason at all. It's not like I am overloading the CPU, because I'm not. Task Manager
    doesn't say I am going to high on CPU, RAM, or Disk usage.

I used to get BSODs all the time back when Windows XP was around, but they have gone away for me until I got the Anniversary Update.

Is there a fix?

Kyle Spadaro, Oct 14, 2017
  4. axe0 New Member

BSOD doing random tasks, f.x. updating Windows, browsing.

Hi Svensonite,

See if updating the BIOS helps.

If it doesn't help, due to the consequence of the reason of the BSOD I would suspect the CPU. Is there anything overclocked on the system?

5. Hi axe0 thank you for your answer

No I have not overclocked anything on the system, I have standard/stock vcore to the CPU.

I can see that Gigabyte has released 2 versions since I updated so I will try that..

Is there anything I can do to verify that the CPU is making this trouble?

Svensonite, Oct 15, 2017
  6. axe0 New Member
    There are only a few options you could try.
    1. Software tests, but they offer no 100% guarantee that they can find the problem as some hardware problems cannot be detected by software,
    2. Test the CPU in a different system, best for proper results

BSOD doing random tasks, f.x. updating Windows, browsing. [​IMG]
    Diagnostic Test
    CPU TEST
    *Arrow Run Prime95 - Stress Test Your CPU - Windows 10 Forums CPU - Stress Test Using IntelBurnTest - Windows 7 Help Forums

Note If you're overclocking anything, please stop it and set everything back to default while troubleshooting

Warning Your CPU temperatures will rise quickly while under this stress test. Keep a keen eye on them and abort the test if overheating occurs.
    Make a photo of the results and post them.

7. Ran the newest BIOS, checked the default(AUTO) vcore on the current version, it was 1.3v.
    I have seen the number 1.2v thrown arround the internet as stock voltage for i7 6700k so I changed it to that.

*Update* Now I have updated to the newest BIOS version, see that the default(AUTO) vcore has been lowered to 1.235v, I turned it down to 1.2v again.

I'm currently updating the PC, it has blasted past the last milestona it managed at 3% when it Blue Screened, I am crossing fingers this did the trick..

Svensonite, Oct 15, 2017
  8. axe0 New Member

A too high voltage for the CPU would explain the consistency of the BSODs.

9. using the latest stable Win 10 build would maybe help too.

BSODHunter, Oct 15, 2017
  10. Seems to be solved, I'm pretty sure VCore was not configured to 1.3v in my bios prior to the boot cycle incident.. so it is a mistery why that changed..
    If something similar happens again I will definitely check the bios settings first..

Thanks for the help!

Svensonite, Oct 17, 2017
  11. zbook New Member
    zbook, Oct 17, 2017
  12. axe0 New Member
    Great, no need to run the tool again

13. BSOD doing random tasks, f.x. updating Windows, browsing.

Here is the log after update and bios tweaking!

DESKTOP-GI5ESTG-lau__21_10_2017_223639,34.zip

Svensonite, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD doing random tasks, f.x. updating Windows, browsing. - Similar Threads - BSOD doing random

2. Random BSODs when browsing caused by ntoskrnl.exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random BSODs when browsing caused by ntoskrnl.exe: Background I build my system last year and even in the first weeks of my PC I got BSODs. Most of the time I got BSODs when I'm browsing especially when watching videos, however I also got them while idling or gaming. Here's my system for a quick look: SSD Drive: Samsung 500...
  3. Random BSODs when browsing

Random BSODs when browsing: Hi all, I keep getting random intermittent BSODs when browsing using Chrome or Firefox, and this happens more frequently when I'm using YouTube. I have two MEMORY.dmp files uploaded to my OneDrive here, please let me know if you need any other info: Microsoft OneDrive -...
  4. Random BSOD tcpip.sys when browsing webpages

Random BSOD tcpip.sys when browsing webpages: This has been a reoccurring problem for a while. Its like it comes and goes away rather randomly. However today, my computer BSOD'd when I was just trying to read articles on Free MMORPG List and MMO Games - MMORPG.com. Like I would go there and open a few tabs and then boom...
  5. Random BSODs while gaming/browsing

Random BSODs while gaming/browsing: Let me get straight to it. I have been on Windows 10 since the free upgrade offer. I have had 0 issues up until recently where my PC would randomly crash and most of the BSOD's would list CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED. Most of the time I would be playing League of Legends and other...
  6. Random BSOD while browsing internet

Random BSOD while browsing internet: HI i am having this random BSOD while just browsing internet and while playing some games. Most of the time it seems that ntoskrnl.exe and tcpip.sys is causing the BSOD when i checked with BlueScreenView. bug check string Bad_Pool_Header and Bad_Pool_Caller. Seems...
  7. BSOD random, in particular when browsing

BSOD random, in particular when browsing: Hello ! , I have been getting bsods ever since I built my desktop and it has been annoying me a lot. I tryed to reinstall windows 10 a lot of time, but it is still happening. I attached the mini dump zips below. Please have a look at it and tell me if u see any problem, it...
  8. BSOD randomly occurs while doing normal tasks

BSOD randomly occurs while doing normal tasks: Hi, So I've had this ASUS laptop for about 2 months now, and I've had 3 crashes so far about 2 weeks apart. The first time I was in class reading notes on chrome, the second time was when I was typing a report in word, and the third time was today when I was using chrome...
  9. BSOD at random times like playing or browsing

BSOD at random times like playing or browsing: So I'm having some problems with windows 10, it worked very well for 9 months around, but now I have faced BSOD practically all the time, the last week was two days doing test with memtest among others and was not charged any error but still had BSOD, the next day the BSOD...
  10. BSOD randomly browsing internet; ntoskrnl.exe

BSOD randomly browsing internet; ntoskrnl.exe: Been typing something when BSOD happened. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR EQUAL. bluescreenview points to ntoskrnl.exe+14e2e0 I have recently replaced my CPU, CPU cooler, and moved RAM around in slots to fit the cooler easier. I think one of the ram slots used to give me issues...