Windows 10: BSOD: DPC_WATCHDOG VIOLATON (Windows Update Triggered)

Discus and support BSOD: DPC_WATCHDOG VIOLATON (Windows Update Triggered) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello there, Up until recently I've had no hiccups with Windows 10 (Enterprise). Unfortunately lately I've had to manually disable the Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by kagalive, Oct 25, 2016.

1. kagalive Win User

BSOD: DPC_WATCHDOG VIOLATON (Windows Update Triggered)

Hello there,

Up until recently I've had no hiccups with Windows 10 (Enterprise).

Unfortunately lately I've had to manually disable the Windows Update Service as otherwise a non-optional update seems to automatically get pushed through and triggers a BSOD with the error: "DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION"

Once the error is triggered my system is doomed to a BSOD loop, the only recourse for which I've found is to "reset this PC" using the startup recovery options...

It took quite some time for me to narrow down the cause to Windows Update but since disabling the service I've been BSOD free for almost a week. - The downside of course is I'm now blind to any updates which is always a security issure.

Any advice? Tips? Points of reference for further reading?

Much obliged,
    Namaste,
    Kaga.

:)

kagalive, Oct 25, 2016

2. Windows 10 DPC_Watchdog service BSODs high GPU counts for compute work

This is becoming a very serious problem as Microsoft continues to strong-arm intel into releasing windows 10 only chips like Kaby Lake and Skylake-X.

the DPC watchdog service triggers a BSOD when compute loads like Octane or Redshift render take more than a couple seconds to return CUDA work from Nvidia cards. The chances of BSOD increase exponentially above 4 GPUs. 7 GPUs causes BSOD in under a minute.

This is not a hardware problem. Installing Windows 7 fixes everything and stops bluescreens because Windows 7 pre-dates the watchdog service.

I haven't found any way to disable DPC_Watchdog, and guides on how to tune tdrDelay in the registry are too vague, and windows 10 ignores the settings anyway.

This is not a hardware or driver problem.... This is a windows 10 problem.

please? begging you guys. Please make it so users can disable the DPC_Watchdog service.

BobMarley4, Oct 25, 2016
  3. Windows 10 - Bug Check 0x133 DPC_WATCHDOG

In order to stop all these BSOD's, I had to go back to Windows 8. I tried reinstalling Windows 7 but windows 10 would not let me go back to that version. I have not had a BSOD with DPC_watchdog since going back to Windows 8, so I really think the problem
    is in Windows 10 somewhere.

skyking_22141, Oct 25, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

Follow the instructions in the notice at the top of your thread please:

Attachment 107753

Ztruker, Oct 26, 2016
Thema:

1. BSOD: DPC_WATCHDOG VIOLATON (Windows Update Triggered) - Similar Threads - BSOD DPC_WATCHDOG VIOLATON

2. DPC_watchdog violation BSOD help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DPC_watchdog violation BSOD help: I have been getting DPC_watchdog_violation on my computer a lot recently. This started around a month ago, and usually occurs when my computer is idle/not gaming. Is there a way to find the root of the problem, this is recent and is annoying....
  3. DPC_watchdog violation BSOD help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DPC_watchdog violation BSOD help: I have been getting DPC_watchdog_violation on my computer a lot recently. This started around a month ago, and usually occurs when my computer is idle/not gaming. Is there a way to find the root of the problem, this is recent and is annoying....
  4. BSOD DPC_Watchdog Violation Error Stopcode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD DPC_Watchdog Violation Error Stopcode: So this has been happening for almost 2 months now. sometime it will happen 3 times a day sometime it wont happen for a few days. I have tried all the fixes online. I have scanned the drive, uninstalled and reinstalled all drivers, did a fresh install of windows 10 and even...
  5. BSOD DPC_Watchdog Violation Error Stopcode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD DPC_Watchdog Violation Error Stopcode: So this has been happening for almost 2 months now. sometime it will happen 3 times a day sometime it wont happen for a few days. I have tried all the fixes online. I have scanned the drive, uninstalled and reinstalled all drivers, did a fresh install of windows 10 and even...
  6. DPC_WATCHDOG _LOCATION BSOD In metro exodus

DPC_WATCHDOG _LOCATION BSOD In metro exodus: Hi, I need technical assistance. When I play the game Metro Exodus Enhanced Edition on windows 10 I regularly get the blue screen with DPC_WATCHDOG _LOCATION. here is my dump fileMicrosoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.22415.1002 AMD64Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All...
  7. DPC_watchdog violation BSOD

DPC_watchdog violation BSOD: Hi, I'm frequently blue screening - Ran memtest and sfc/dism and they came up with nothing found or fixed. My last 5 dumps are here. https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArgYnYnOFWvDgqk5xjAVUKtANSyHfA?e=nl6WJp Running the latest Windows update. Whocrashed suggests it's ntoskrnl.exe or...
  8. DPC_WATCHDOG

DPC_WATCHDOG: I've bluescreened recently and I'm not sure what caused it here are the minidumps https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Q8z-0k65se98xrUE4CRmHBhhFVyS4J2D?usp=sharing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dpcwatchdog/708e4e05-e186-43ba-b43f-9b363cf3e732
  9. DPC_Watchdog BSOD troubleshooting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DPC_Watchdog BSOD troubleshooting: I experienced a change in operation -- short 3 second freezes of my whole computer. Tracked down to Chrome -- If I reboot and then do not start Chrome -- everything runs fine. Annoying but I will get to it eventually. Then I have had several DPC_Watchdog BSODs. I...
  10. Bsod dpc_watchdog violation

Bsod dpc_watchdog violation: It's been less than 2 days since I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and I already got hit by this BSOD twice. I searched on the web for solution and everything that I found is related to drivers outdated but I'm certain that all my drivers are updated. Can anyone help...