Windows 10: BSOD "dpc_watchdog_violation" when playing videos

Discus and support BSOD "dpc_watchdog_violation" when playing videos in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, As many on the Internet, I have a BSOD when watching videos on Netflix, and sometimes on YouTube (it happens more often on Netflix than on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Aywin, Aug 28, 2017.

1. Aywin Win User

BSOD "dpc_watchdog_violation" when playing videos

Hello,

As many on the Internet, I have a BSOD when watching videos on Netflix, and sometimes on YouTube (it happens more often on Netflix than on YouTube).
    I read some threads about it, then I checked my graphic card drivers (there are up to date) and Windows Update, which indicates that everything is up to date. I also changed my "IDE ATA/ATAPI controller", by chance.
    So when I'm watching videos, suddenly the video and the sound freeze, and I have a BSOD with the error "dpc_watchdog_violation", and then my computer restarts.

I'd be very grateful if you guys could help me with this... You'll find my logs in the attachments.
    Thanks a lot.

:)

Aywin, Aug 28, 2017
  2. vilu85 Win User

" Waiting for approval " until when !????

It means that it's waiting for approval from your operator and it has nothing to do with Nokia.

You could call your operator and ask about this approval, someone in technical service may know that how long it takes to approve the newest firmware. (For some reason, every operator has to approve the firmware updates and only after that their clients
    can do the update)

vilu85, Aug 28, 2017
  3. ATGT Win User
    " Waiting for approval " until when !????

Hi

i have a nokia N8 with the following product code 059D1M2 im always checking for the update realase , now its been a month evryday i check the updates availability i find " Waiting for approval" is nokia joking on us or what !!?

4. axe0 New Member

Hi Aywin,

Downgrade the wifi version to the version ASUS provides.

5. Aywin Win User
    Hi axe0

Thanks for your answer, but how can I do that ?

Aywin, Aug 28, 2017
  6. axe0 New Member
    Download the Realtek wifi driver from ASUS, run the installer and reboot afterwards.

7. Aywin Win User
    Thanks a lot, I'll try this if I have the same problem again.

Aywin, Aug 28, 2017
  8. Aywin Win User

That doesn't work, I still have the same problem after having done what you said with my WiFi drivers...

Aywin, Aug 29, 2017
  9. Spectrum Win User
    If the current version from ASUS is still giving you issues, you can try the latest driver straight from Realtek here.

Download the PCI Express package, and run setup.exe.

If you continue to get bugchecks, post another set of logs please.

Spectrum, Aug 29, 2017
  10. axe0 New Member
    Update the BIOS from ASUS, download the installer and run it.

Thema:

1. BSOD "dpc_watchdog_violation" when playing videos - Similar Threads - BSOD dpc_watchdog_violation playing

2. BSOD playing Overwatch; error code DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD playing Overwatch; error code DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: Hi Guys, Recently I have been experiencing freezes which is sometimes followed up by a BSOD with the DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION error code. Been looking through many solutions to regarding this error and none of them have helped, including changing the SATA/AHCI drivers to the...
  3. DPC_Watchdog_Violation BSOD help when playing games

DPC_Watchdog_Violation BSOD help when playing games: Hi, my PC recently got this DPC_Watchdog_Violation BSOD while I was playing games like CS:GO or GTA5. The BSOD comes unexpectedly in between 5 mins~2 hours of gaming it's really annoying. FYI I've tried checking system files (sfc scannow), switching SATA/AHCI controllers...
  4. BSOD DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION playing Guild Wars 2

BSOD DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION playing Guild Wars 2: Hey guys, sometimes while playing Guild Wars 2 i experience a sudden freeze. It is impossible to open the task manager or anything else. Shortly after that, the BSOD appears. I add the diagnostic information and hope you can help me! If you need any other information, I...
  5. BSOD DPC Watchdog Violation when playing sound

BSOD DPC Watchdog Violation when playing sound: Hello *Smile I recently updated my Sony VAIO from Windows 7 to Windows 10. For the last week or so, I have found when playing audio (on sites such as YouTube and Soundcloud), the sound cuts out and the stream pauses, and doesn't reload until I refresh the page. This...
  6. BSOD DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION whilst watching YouTube videos

BSOD DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION whilst watching YouTube videos: Morning y'all, This is a relatively newer laptop that I'm using mainly for work and convenience reasons rather than my normal rig and have been happy with it thus far, however I've noticed a DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION stop error only when attempting to view videos in YouTube....
  7. BSOD dpc watchdog violation when wathcing videos

BSOD dpc watchdog violation when wathcing videos: Hi When i watch youtube videos after a few mins my laptop restarts with the stopcode: dpc watchdog violation. I was searching for a solution on other forums and i guess one of the drivers is the responisble for the problem but i dont know which. Can someone help me please?...
  8. BSOD playing GuildWars2, DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

BSOD playing GuildWars2, DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: Hi, In the past I have gotten this BSOD "DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION" a couple times but recently it has been almost once an hour. I have read through several other threads and gotten the program BlueScreenView and can see that ntoskrnl.exe is mentioned on all of the .dmp...
  9. BSOD DPC watchdog violation while playing Youtube videos

BSOD DPC watchdog violation while playing Youtube videos: Hello, I am posting here as a last resort. I have not been able to figure out why I am getting periodic DPC watchdog errors on my PC. During Youtube video playback, it tends to have artifacts and stuttering at any resolution, but it plays fine for a random amount of time...
  10. BSOD playing Hearthstone, DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

BSOD playing Hearthstone, DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: Hello. I've been having many BSODs while playing Hearthstone. It firstly freezes then the BSOD screen exists. I updated my graphic card driver and others, but didn't change anything. It's usually DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION and minidump files indicate ntoskrnl.exe . Any help...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dpc watchdog violation watching video

2. dpc watchdog violation when playing videos 2019