Windows 10: BSOD DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION whilst watching YouTube videos

Discus and support BSOD DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION whilst watching YouTube videos in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Morning y'all, This is a relatively newer laptop that I'm using mainly for work and convenience reasons rather than my normal rig and have been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Fallen, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Fallen Win User

BSOD DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION whilst watching YouTube videos

Morning y'all,

This is a relatively newer laptop that I'm using mainly for work and convenience reasons rather than my normal rig and have been happy with it thus far, however I've noticed a DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION stop error only when attempting to view videos in YouTube. Other videos in Netflix/Amazon are fine. I've run sfc /scannow with no errors. I've also run chkdsk C: /F /R just to be safe which completed in about 4 hours a couple of days ago. I unfortunately was not present when it completed and came back to my usual login screen :/ I've updated most applications that are on the laptop (not a lot) but none of that seemed to have fixed the issue.

ASUS X555DA
    AMD A10-8700P
    8GB RAM, 1TB HDD
    Win 10 Home

Attached is the dump, I appreciate any assistance *Smile

:)

Fallen, Jul 15, 2017
  2. Iram Aziz Win User

BSOD DPC_WATCHDOG VIOLATION ERROR

I have recently purchased a new laptop form Hp model G4 440 Probook. I am contentiously encountering BSOD with error code DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION while watching videos on my laptop.

Iram Aziz, Jul 15, 2017
  3. My computer restarts when I watch YouTube.

Hi.

My computer restarts when I watch YouTube.

An error is displayed:

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Please help.

KrzysztofKobialka, Jul 15, 2017
  4. axe0 New Member

5. Fallen Win User
    Thanks axe0! I've made the change to the Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller and have rolled back to 9.1.406.2015. I will test shortly *Smile

Fallen, Jul 15, 2017
  6. Fallen Win User
    Attachment 146345

Hello All,

This issue unfortunately started presenting itself again today while watching YouTube videos. I've kept the Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller driver version the same and have had no other changes to the laptop since then. Shortly after receiving the BSOD, I received an update notice for my AMD Graphics Drivers which have been updated, however the issue occurred prior to receiving this. I've attached a new dump of the logs/files for further troubleshooting. My event history appears to be mostly clear but I can peruse through it again if need be. Any assistance is appreciated.

Thank You

Edit: Checking through another users post with similar issues, sorry if I'm beating a dead horse.

Fallen, Jul 29, 2017
  7. axe0 New Member
    axe0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION whilst watching YouTube videos - Similar Threads - BSOD DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION whilst

2. Win10 BSOD Randomly whilst watching YouTube

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win10 BSOD Randomly whilst watching YouTube: Recently I was just chilling watching YouTube and for some unknown reason I got a BSOD; I was only watching YT and wasn't doing anything demanding with my PC. MSInfo32: MSInfo32.zip Minidumps: Minidumps.zip...
  3. BSOD while watching Youtube videos: DPC Watchdog Violation

BSOD while watching Youtube videos: DPC Watchdog Violation: I keep getting a BSOD every time I try to watch Youtube videos. It is always a DPC Watchdog Violation. I recently updated to a new windows version after having issues after doing a reset. Windows 10 i7-7500U Intel HD Graphics 620 92670
  4. BSOD while watching youtube videos, DPC Watchdog Violation

BSOD while watching youtube videos, DPC Watchdog Violation: For the past few days I have been getting a BSOD while watching youtube videos. I've been updating some drivers to try and fix the problem but it's not working. As far as I know, there hasn't been a recent windows 10 update that caused this, it just started happening. 87995
  5. BSOD while watching YouTube videos

BSOD while watching YouTube videos: Hello. Had some BSOD while watching YouTube. And sometimes I go to sleep while watching videos and by the morning I notice the PC had reset. Cannot say if BSOD or an unexpected update, but most likely BSOD. Actually, my no-break's battery has run out of juice, so short...
  6. Recurring "DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION" BSoD's only while watching YouTube

Recurring "DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION" BSoD's only while watching YouTube: Multiple times per day, my ASUS X555LAB laptop BSOD's while watching YouTube. The picture freezes, the audio freezes and gets caught in some sort of a loop, and then the BSOD comes up with the error code "DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION". I asked on a different forum, and they told...
  7. BSOD while watching YouTube videos

BSOD while watching YouTube videos: I've gotten three BSODs in the past hour or so while watching fullscreen youtube videos. after the first 2 and some googling it seemed to point to my GPU drivers. I used the AMD uninstall tool to wipe them and then reinstalled the latest drivers. I got another BSOD about 10...
  8. BSOD watching Youtube Video, DPC Watchdog Violation

BSOD watching Youtube Video, DPC Watchdog Violation: In the couple past of days after Windows 10 updated by itself, my computer has been crashing every hour while I'm attempting to watch some youtube videos. This is getting out of hand and I have no idea what to do to fix this. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! 67073
  9. BSOD when watching YouTube (dpc_watchdog_violation)

BSOD when watching YouTube (dpc_watchdog_violation): Hi, today I had 3 BSOD on my Windows 10. It happens only when watching youtube videos. It never happened before. Here are the dumps 072017-16328-01.dmp - Google Drive 072017-14812-01.dmp - Google Drive 072017-14312-01.dmp - Google Drive 89392
  10. BSOD While watching Youtube Videos

BSOD While watching Youtube Videos: Hey all. For the past few months, I have had BSODs while watching youtube videos. It has happened on both Chrome and Edge, so I don't believe its the browser. I also watch Twitch a lot, and it has never happened while watching that. I've attached the logs as the forum...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. amd graphics dpc_watchdog_violation