Windows 10: BSOD (DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION) with Skype, OBS and Starcraft 2

Discus and support BSOD (DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION) with Skype, OBS and Starcraft 2 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I've been getting freezes for the last couple of months. Mostly it resolves into a bluescreen, the DPC Watchdog violation, but sometimes it takes a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Maarsch, Feb 14, 2017.

1. Maarsch Win User

BSOD (DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION) with Skype, OBS and Starcraft 2

So I've been getting freezes for the last couple of months.
    Mostly it resolves into a bluescreen, the DPC Watchdog violation, but sometimes it takes a while and I get bored/frustrated/angry and I press the reset button.

Event viewer record Kernel power 41 error

This happens when I engage in a video call with Skype, am in Starcraft 2 and have OBS studio open (actually broadcasting seems to be irrelevant).
    If I cut out any of these three it doesn't seem to happen, although I'm not entire sure about this, but with the 3 it is a very reliable BSOD (although it has happened between 2 seconds and 1:30 hours of streaming).
    I have used hangouts and zoom for video with discord for audio and I had no problems.
    I have also used other programs that utilize stuff a lot, video editing while uploading and playing games. No problem.

This started happening after the anniversary update, My OS is Win 10.

Obligatory spec post:
    i5-3570 (non-K)
    Cooler master 212 (not-evo, I think)
    Z77 Pro3
    MSI Gaming X GTX1060 6GB (This one is also new, but I had some months of worry free recording after switching from MSI to Nvidia drivers)
    OCZ Agility 3 SSD
    Seagate green 2TB HDD
    16 GB RAM (Corsair)

Things I've done:

• Changed IDE ATA/ATAPI controller to standard SATA AHCI controller (I actually just changed that back to intel 7 series chipset sata ahci controller)

• Disabled quick boot

• Updated GPU drivers

• Memory test

• Chkdsk (both)

• SFC

• Windows 10 disc error check

• Updated most other drivers probably

• Scanned for virusses

• Scanned for malware

• Skype app rather than skype . . . program?

• OBS studio 32 bit

• Changed PSU

• Updated EUFI
    • Updated SSD firmware

• Uninstalled/re-installed all the programs

• Temperatures (I don't overheat)

Windows 10 BSOD - Dropbox - 021417-7281-01.dmp
    OBS log file - https://www.dropbox.com/s/9c8ovhn0s38465b/2017-02-14 09-02-37.txt?dl=0

:)

Maarsch, Feb 14, 2017
  2. JoeNicklo Win User

DPC_Watchdog_Violation (Hall.dll) Cant figure this one out. Please help.

Hello, I am having several BSOD with the error DPC_Watchdog_Violation. I've had 11 crashes in the past several days and can not figure out what the issue is.

I've taken the following steps to fix the error:

1. Updated all drivers

2. Ran a disk test

3. Updated Windows

4. Updated BIOS

5. Ran a virus scan

My system specs:

jnicklo's Completed Build - Core i7-6900K 3.2GHz 8-Core, S340 Elite (Black) ATX Mid Tower - PCPartPicker

A few scenarios in which the system crashes....

- Running Cinema 4D + Octane Renderer - during rendering or just regular work

- Running OBS during a broadcast or even when not broadcasting

- System at idle with Cinema 4D open

- System at idle with just OBS open

- Playing Fallout 4 while OBS is open

I haven't noticed this crash with any other usage. I can browse the internet all day and no crashes.

I've tried reinstalling OBS and I thought that had worked since this morning was stable however after coming home from dinner and seeing that my system had rebooted itself, I immediately knew it had BSOD again while I was out.

Here is a compiled TXT file of my last 3 DMP files: Dropbox - Link not found

JoeNicklo, Feb 14, 2017
  3. Multiple BSOD! system_service_exception windows 10

BSOD- I have OBS (sometimes it happens when obs isnt running) running and playing a game through steam..

no it happens randomly

this has been going on for a week

everything is clean as i said i wiped my hard drive and replaced my ssd

i have still BSOD

caryswilliams, Feb 14, 2017
  4. Maarsch Win User

Just happened with my workaround of discord for audio and hangouts for video

I guess I'll go back to testing whether just sc2 and obs cause it or whether a video being sent to me (decrypting video?) is required.

Maarsch, Feb 14, 2017
  5. axe0 New Member
    axe0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD (DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION) with Skype, OBS and Starcraft 2 - Similar Threads - BSOD DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Skype

2. DXKRNL Bluescreen in CS:GO, Starcraft 2

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DXKRNL Bluescreen in CS:GO, Starcraft 2: Hello everyone! I have recently purchased an Acer Predator 300 PH317-53 with the following specs: 9750h, 16 GB DDR4 in dual channel, RTX 2060, 500 GB SSD and 1 TB HDD. It has been running very well, with good temperatures and scoring very high in many benchmarks, stress...
  3. BSOD DPC_Watchdog_Violation

BSOD DPC_Watchdog_Violation: This is the 4th time in a row Below is obtained from BlueScreenView Code: ================================================== Dump File : 100219-34359-01.dmp Crash Time : 02-10-2019 11:14:48 Bug Check String : Bug Check Code : 0x00000133 Parameter 1 : 00000000`00000000...
  4. Bsod: Dpc_watchdog_violation

Bsod: Dpc_watchdog_violation: I have started to get the above BSOD frequently when I am using my computer. When I let it idle, it's fine, even for hours at a time. When I actively use it, however, it will BSOD at random intervals (~10-15 minutes after startup to about 90 minutes or so afterward). I have...
  5. Bsod dpc_watchdog_violation

Bsod dpc_watchdog_violation: Hello I get a Blue screen of death error maybe once or twice a day, it is labeled as DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. I've ran some minidump file analyzers and one said it was my razer mouse software, so I updated it, restarted the computer, and got the BSOD again. Here is all the...
  6. BSOD dpc_watchdog_violation

BSOD dpc_watchdog_violation: Hello I'm having issues with Win10, i'm experiencing this BSOD, it has happened twice now randomly. The last software change I did was to update my video from this "amd-catalyst-15.7.1-win10-64bit", to this one "radeon-crimson-16.3.2-win10-64bit". BEfore the driver...
  7. BSOD DPC_Watchdog_Violation

BSOD DPC_Watchdog_Violation: Blue screen of death randomly happens saying to look up DPC_Watchdog_Violation. Have searched the internet for solutions and thus far have not found a fix that works. Solutions I have tried are: Update drivers, if it's a driver issue I can't find it Turn off quick start...
  8. BSOD DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION playing Guild Wars 2

BSOD DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION playing Guild Wars 2: Hey guys, sometimes while playing Guild Wars 2 i experience a sudden freeze. It is impossible to open the task manager or anything else. Shortly after that, the BSOD appears. I add the diagnostic information and hope you can help me! If you need any other information, I...
  9. Dpc_watchdog_violation 2

Dpc_watchdog_violation 2: I actually made a post about this issue here but it was back on the preview before 10 was released. I get The DPC_Watchdog_Violation BSOD every few weeks at least, and it always points to nvlddmkm.sys. I have used EVERY SINGLE Nvidia WIndows 10 driver to date and ALL OF THEM...
  10. BSOD with DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

BSOD with DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: Hi Please can you tell me how to debug using the attached debug files! And tell me what the error is! Dell XPS 730 Quad Core Extreme @ 3.0GHz, dual GTX560 Graphics, 8Gb Crucial Memory Thanks 33813