Windows 10: Bsod driver irql not less or equal

Discus and support Bsod driver irql not less or equal in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello everyone, Recently, my laptop crashes often and apparently it’s because of the error: DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL. The recent crashes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Amia, Jul 11, 2016.

1. Amia Win User

Bsod driver irql not less or equal

Hello everyone,

Recently, my laptop crashes often and apparently it’s because of the error: DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL.
    The recent crashes happened Sunday and twice today.

This is the information I got from Whocrashed (If this can be any help):

On Tue 12/07/16 1:25:41 AM GMT your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\071116-30171-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: igdkmd64.sys (igdkmd64+0x1FD950)
    Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0xFFFFF8009B85A190, 0x9, 0x8, 0xFFFFF8009B85A190)
    Error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\igdkmd64.sys
    product: Intel HD Graphics Drivers for Windows(R)
    company: Intel Corporation
    description: Intel Graphics Kernel Mode Driver
    Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
    A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: igdkmd64.sys (Intel Graphics Kernel Mode Driver, Intel Corporation).
    Google query: Intel Corporation DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

At first, I thought the BSOD happened when I watched videos, but recently it just happens randomly. Also, after the BSOD, usually the time on my laptop is off (Like for example if it's 10h00am, after the BSOD it changes to 11h00am).
    These crashes are so annoying and I don’t know how to fix them.
    I have to admit I really don’t know much about computer problems like these, so I appreciate any information and/or help you can give me. I really want to solve this problem.

Thanks !
    Attachment 89665

:)

2. Never ending cycle of multiple BSOD,hang ups, freezes,

Thanks for your help! Ia appreciate it!

I backed up the hdd.

Right now I am trying to get the clean install of Windows 10 put on the hdd but I keep getting the following BSOD messages:

Driver IRQL Not Less or Equal (storahci.sys)

Driver IRQL Not Less or Equal (storport.sys)

IRQL Not Less or Equal

Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap

Kernel Security Check Failure

Page Fault in Nonpaged Area

After a BSOD the computer restarts.

Any suggestions?

GregWardTRI, Jul 11, 2016
  3. Multi Bsod On windows 10

Just got another bsod Driver irql not less or equal-tcps.sys

JamesSymens, Jul 11, 2016
  4. Bsod driver irql not less or equal

Update intel graphic driver from intel website.

pranay1988, Jul 11, 2016
  5. philc43 Win User
    Hello Amia,

Welcome to TenForums *Smile

WhoCrashed can sometimes be lucky and give you a clue but generally it is not as good as a human analyst.

In this case there is not a lot of extra data I can extract. The Graphics driver you have installed has a date of May 2016:
    Code: 0: kd> lmvm igdkmd64 Browse full module list start end module name fffff800`9c410000 fffff800`9cbca000 igdkmd64 T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: igdkmd64.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\igdkmd64.sys Image name: igdkmd64.sys Timestamp: Wed May 04 20:21:11 2016 (572A4BA7) CheckSum: 00793895 ImageSize: 007BA000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote] There is possibly a more recent driver for this so please update: this link should help you find the right HD Graphics driver for your Dell 5758 http://www.dell.com/support/home/uk/...ivers/advanced

The Intel site will have even more recent drivers you can try: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/pro...aphics-Drivers

philc43, Jul 11, 2016
  6. Amia Win User
    Thanks for your help and time!

I did as you suggested and it seems to work very well until now *Smile
    Also, sorry I took so long to reply, I wanted to wait almost 24 hours since the last BSOD to see if the problem would reappear, thankfully it did not.

Thanks again.

7. philc43 Win User
    *Thumbs Hopefully it will remain stable for you.

philc43, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Bsod driver irql not less or equal

1. Bsod driver irql not less or equal - Similar Threads - Bsod driver irql

2. BSOD Driver irql not less or equal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Driver irql not less or equal: CPU : AMD Ryzen 9 7900 12-Core Processor 3.70 GHzRAM 64.0GBx64 processorwindow 10 pro 19045.3693bug check code 0x000000d1caused by driver dxgkrnl.syscaused by address dxgkrnl.sys+d70e0processor x64crash address ntoskrnl.exe+3fd730BSOD keep occur when I use WSL for deep...
  3. BSOD Driver irql not less or equal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Driver irql not less or equal: CPU : AMD Ryzen 9 7900 12-Core Processor 3.70 GHzRAM 64.0GBx64 processorwindow 10 pro 19045.3693bug check code 0x000000d1caused by driver dxgkrnl.syscaused by address dxgkrnl.sys+d70e0processor x64crash address ntoskrnl.exe+3fd730BSOD keep occur when I use WSL for deep...
  4. BSOD Driver irql not less or equal

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. BSOD: DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD: DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL: Hello everyone, I had a problem earlier with a BSOD. I'm running Windows 10 64-bitCPU: AMD FX-6100GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 RAM: 8GB DDR3I have the .dmp files here:https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjUybNVmDUiyiydHikz7SA93lW-1?e=aw2t7bThanks...
  6. BSOD: DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL

BSOD: DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL: Hello everyone, I had a problem earlier with a BSOD. I'm running Windows 10 64-bitCPU: AMD FX-6100GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 RAM: 8GB DDR3I have the .dmp files here:https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjUybNVmDUiyiydHikz7SA93lW-1?e=aw2t7bThanks...
  7. BSOD Driver IRQL Not Less or Equal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Driver IRQL Not Less or Equal: My PC became unstable in the last 24 hours, and has given me three different BSODs. One is the 'Driver not less or equal', so I'm guessing a driver is causing this.Could someone take a look at these minidumps to see if they list a problematic driver?...
  8. BSOD Driver IRQL Not Less or Equal

BSOD Driver IRQL Not Less or Equal: My PC became unstable in the last 24 hours, and has given me three different BSODs. One is the 'Driver not less or equal', so I'm guessing a driver is causing this.Could someone take a look at these minidumps to see if they list a problematic driver?...
  9. driver irql not less or equal BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    driver irql not less or equal BSOD: Hi, I have recently bought a HP laptop 4-5 months ago and I came across multiple crashes already. All of these crashes involved a BSOD,the first one had the title: system thread exception not handled and I looked it up online and did manage to fix it. A couple weeks later, I...
  10. BSOD - Driver IRQL not less or equal

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD - Driver IRQL not less or equal: This started happening after I updated windows to 2004. Occasionally I would get a BSOD, and it would happen at different times, so I don't know what I exactly did to cause it. The "stop code" was: 'DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL'. I've gotten this problem a week ago, but I...