Windows 10: BSOD Driver Overran Stack Buffer, comes at random times.

Discus and support BSOD Driver Overran Stack Buffer, comes at random times. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; so, my system has been BSOD for the past few months now, i tried the microsoft tech support forums, and that has been no help, they kept telling me the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Solgath, Nov 25, 2016.

1. Solgath Win User

BSOD Driver Overran Stack Buffer, comes at random times.

so, my system has been BSOD for the past few months now, i tried the microsoft tech support forums, and that has been no help, they kept telling me the problem was an old driver, which i now no longer have installed but still getting blue screens, appears to happen at random, system idling, watching a movie, and very rarely while gaming, i'm starting to get really frustrated because i have run every test the microsoft help have asked of me, memtest, checkdisk/scandisk, HDD tests, CPU tests, all of it comes back fine, and the system will run pefectly fine for a few months then start blue screening all over again... i am at a loss and could really use some help, i have attached the file required as well, hopefully someone here can help. *Biggrin

also it is a fresh new install of windows 10 pro 64, only around a month or 2 old.

:)

Solgath, Nov 25, 2016
  2. dionjovan Win User
    dionjovan, Nov 25, 2016
  3. DeetleVa Win User
    11 BSODs in 3 months with Windows 10

The BSODs have been random. Some have occurred while the laptop was idle, others during various operations. HP did not list chipset driver updates for windows 10. I installed the latest drivers listed for Windows 7. I have had two more BSODs:

Driver overran stack buffer and Unexpected kernel mode trap. I added the two minidumps for 1/27/2016

DeetleVa, Nov 25, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Hello and welcome to the TenForums *Smile

The first thing I have noticed is that you have your memory inserted into the wrong slots. It looks to me as if you have used slots 3 and 4 but according to the manual you should be using slots 2 and 4. I would like you to change to this and see if it makes any difference.

Attachment 111444

philc43, Nov 25, 2016
  5. Solgath Win User
    ok, will do, will see if anything changes, and thanks for the welcome. *Biggrin

Solgath, Nov 25, 2016
  6. Solgath Win User
    well it blue screened again, i'll attach the logs, really hope i can find the issue, makes it hard to get much of anything done...*Sad

i was gaming at the time it happened this time.

Solgath, Nov 25, 2016
  7. Ztruker Win User
    All the latest dumps indicate memory_corruption. Suggest running memtest86+ for a minimum of 8 passes to see if there are any problems with your memory. 16GB will take around 12 hours to run, maybe a little more.

===================================================
    Follow this tutorial: MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

MemTest86+ is a diagnostic tool designed to test Random Access Memory (RAM) for faults. MemTest86+ will verify that:

• RAM will accept and keep random patterns of data sent to it
    • There are no errors when different parts of memory try to interact
    • There are no conflicts between memory addresses

Memtest86+ runs from bootable media to isolate the RAM from the system, no other components are taken into account during the test.

BSOD Driver Overran Stack Buffer, comes at random times. [​IMG]
    Warning MemTest86+ needs to run for at least 8 passes to be anywhere near conclusive, anything less will not give a complete analysis of the RAM.

If you are asked to run MemTest86+ by a Ten Forums member make sure you run the full 8 passes for conclusive results. If you run less than 8 passes you will be asked to run it again.

BSOD Driver Overran Stack Buffer, comes at random times. [​IMG]
    Note MemTest86+ has been known to discover errors in RAM in later passes than the eighth pass. This is for information only; if you feel there is a definite problem with the RAM and 8 passes have shown no errors feel free to continue for longer.

Running 8 passes of MemTest86+ is a long and drawn out exercise and the more RAM you have the longer it will take. It's recommended to run MemTest86+ just before you go to bed and leave it overnight.

Ztruker, Nov 26, 2016
  8. Solgath Win User

i know it says to run for 8 passes, but i just came back from running memtest for 5 hours and it found errors, i've pull some 1 of my 2 ram sticks and will run a test to see how it goes, i will run for the full 12 hours if you need me to, just currently it is midday, and i'm not a well person either so sleep comes and goes, gotta love insomnia..

5hr memtest file attached.

Solgath, Nov 26, 2016
  9. Solgath Win User
    so now i'm really confused, i ran windows memory diagnosis on my ram indivivdually and both tested fine, i ran the test in DIMM solt 4 for both sticks, so either my ram is fine and my motherboard is shot, or something else is wrong here, either way, i'll run the 12hr test, with both sticks, see how that goes.

Solgath, Nov 26, 2016
  10. Solgath Win User
    finally back, here is the 8 pass Memtest86, i have no idea how to read this, but i'm going to guess there is a problem with one or both of my sticks of ram... course this is just me guessing lol, i could be totally wrong, and it could be much much worse...

Solgath, Nov 26, 2016
  11. philc43 Win User
    Windows memory diagnostic is not as reliable as Memtest86. I would agree with the memtest86 results and if it has found errors then your RAM is faulty. Repeat the Memtest86 on one stick at a time to find which one is faulty.

philc43, Nov 27, 2016
  12. Solgath Win User
    so 8 passes again? i'm currently running on ones stick in slot 4 and so far i haven't blue screened, but when i next feel the urge to sleep i will run memtest then.

Solgath, Nov 27, 2016
  13. Ztruker Win User

Run memtest86+ and if it gets a error then stop and replace that DIMM. If not swap DIMMs and test again. Either that or continue to use as you are now and if no problems after a week, replace the one not installed.

Ztruker, Nov 27, 2016
  14. Solgath Win User
    will do, just haven't been to bed yet i plan to test when i look at doing sleep, will report back with how things go, thanks for the help so far.

Solgath, Nov 27, 2016
  15. Ztruker Win User
    You need a new plan *Smile

1. Sleep
    2. Eat
    3. Debug

*Smile *Smile *Smile

Ztruker, Nov 27, 2016
Thema:

1. BSOD Driver Overran Stack Buffer, comes at random times. - Similar Threads - BSOD Driver Overran

2. BSOD Driver Overran Stack Buffer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Driver Overran Stack Buffer: i faced this problem like 10 times today when i just using my browser such as youtube googling.Can someone help me pls.this is my minidump https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1r-ct28-LCvK-RKRHDXmJKTSg-Woi6LIH?usp=sharingand sometimes the BSOD reported another file. Here is...
  3. BSOD Driver Overran Stack Buffer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Driver Overran Stack Buffer: i faced this problem like 10 times today when i just using my browser such as youtube googling.Can someone help me pls.this is my minidump https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1r-ct28-LCvK-RKRHDXmJKTSg-Woi6LIH?usp=sharingand sometimes the BSOD reported another file. Here is...
  4. BSOD - Driver overran stack buffer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD - Driver overran stack buffer: Received this BSOD while i was streaming and alt tabbed back into my game. All windows updates to latest already installed. This is a pretty fresh install too only 2 weeks old. New storage as well. Did memtest already and it found no issues 180083
  5. DRIVER OVERRAN STACK BUFFER BSoD

DRIVER OVERRAN STACK BUFFER BSoD: I'm looking into a PC for my nephew that we can't seem to resolve. It all started when he did the Windows updates about a week ago. It keeps blue screening with OVERRAN STACK BUFFER. He did a clean install from a usb created with the update tool and is still getting this...
  6. BSOD Driver stack overran buffer

BSOD Driver stack overran buffer: Hello, Could someone help me with reading this dump file please. Today i got a BSOD. "driver stack overran buffer" first time this has happened. CPU 9900K GPU RTX 3070 MB MSI Z370 Gaming M5 RAM Corsair 16gb DUMP File:...
  7. BSOD - DRIVER OVERRAN STACK BUFFER

BSOD - DRIVER OVERRAN STACK BUFFER: I have been having BSOD errors. Things I have done so far: 1 Clean installed WIN10 multiple times from different bootable USBs 2 Run MEMTESTX86 for 30+ hours with 0 errors and 8 passes. 3 Updated Windows multiple times. 4 Run in safe mode for hours with no BSOD errors....
  8. BSOD - Driver Overran Stack Buffer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BSOD - Driver Overran Stack Buffer: Good afternoon, I'm getting BSOD and the error says "Driver Overran Stack Buffer". I have been researching about it, and have updated windows to the lates, updated my drivers, removed antiviruses, and removed programs I dont use to leave as clean as possible. The problem...
  9. BSOD Driver Overran Stack Buffer

BSOD Driver Overran Stack Buffer: So i got this BSOD when I was playing a game. And i had it about 3-4 times in about an hour. So i downloaded the event log. And say 2 consistant errors. The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device ACPI\PNP0A0A\2&daba3ff&2. Reset to device, \Device\RaidPort0, was...
  10. BSOD Driver Overran stack buffer

BSOD Driver Overran stack buffer: I get the Driver overran stack buffer error with BSOD randomly sometimes while gaming (rust, dishonored, Skyrim, civ 5, and most any other game). I have manually updated the drivers for my motherboard, video card, and peripheries. I also randomly get the...