Windows 10: BSOD driver overrun stack buffer

Discus and support BSOD driver overrun stack buffer in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am having a BSOD issue and have this info to post from the dump file. Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 10.0.17674.1000 AMD64 Copyright (c)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by StealthESW, Jul 10, 2018.

1. BSOD driver overrun stack buffer

I am having a BSOD issue and have this info to post from the dump file.

Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 10.0.17674.1000 AMD64
    Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Loading Dump File [C:\Windows\Minidump\071018-37390-01.dmp]
    Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

************* Path validation summary **************
    Response Time (ms) Location
    Deferred srv*
    Symbol search path is: srv*
    Executable search path is:
    Windows 10 Kernel Version 17134 MP (8 procs) Free x64
    Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
    Built by: 17134.1.amd64fre.rs4_release.180410-1804
    Machine Name:
    Kernel base = 0xfffff802`0209d000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff802`024571f0
    Debug session time: Tue Jul 10 15:40:43.435 2018 (UTC - 5:00)
    System Uptime: 0 days 17:28:39.193
    Loading Kernel Symbols
    Loading User Symbols
    Loading unloaded module list
    *******************************************************************************
    * Bugcheck Analysis *
    *******************************************************************************

Use
    !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck F7, {b01a3a229428649d, 27f3800c3eec, ffffd80c7ff3c113, 0}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify checksum for cdd.dll
    Probably caused by : cdd.dll ( cdd!PresentWorkerThread+47b )

Followup: MachineOwner
    ---------

nt!KeBugCheckEx:
    fffff802`02235430 48894c2408 mov qword ptr [rsp+8],rcx ss:0018:ffff8707`93b692e0=00000000000000f7

:)

StealthESW, Jul 10, 2018
  2. AlexDragu Win User

Windows 10 BSOD, Driver overran stack buffer

The DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER bug check has a value of 0x000000F7. This indicates that a driver has overrun a stack-based buffer.

Cause

A driver overran a stack-based buffer (or local variable) in a way that would have overwritten the function's return address and jumped back to an arbitrary address when the function returned.

This is the classic "buffer overrun" hacking attack. The system has been brought down to prevent a malicious user from gaining complete control of it.

Resolution

Use the kb (Display Stack Backtrace) command to get a stack trace.

The last routine on the stack before the buffer overrun handlers and bug check call is the one that overran its local variable.

AlexDragu, Jul 10, 2018
  3. ashusah Win User
    Getting the Driver Overrun Stack Buffer BSOD Error while installing Display driver in windows 10

Hi,

I am getting the Driver Overrun Stack Buffer BSOD Error while installing Display driver in windows 10, I have I ball slide tablet with windows 10, but after resetting the device device tries to update the display driver from windows update and while install
    the screen goes blank and the system restarts with Blue screen

ashusah, Jul 10, 2018
  4. BSOD driver overrun stack buffer

Getting the Driver Overrun Stack Buffer BSOD Error while installing Display driver in windows 10

Hi Ashok,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

BSOD Error DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER indicates that a driver has overrun a stack-based buffer.

This is the classic "buffer overrun" hacking attack. The system has been brought down to prevent a malicious user from gaining complete control of it.

I suggest you to disconnect all the external devices apart from keyboard and mouse if connected to the laptop and perform check disk.

Check Disk is a utility in Windows that verifies the file system integrity of a volume and fixes logical file system errors.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2854570

Note: The troubleshooting steps for Windows 10 are same as Windows 8/8.1.

Also, I suggest you to refer the below link and check if this helps.

Bug Check 0xF7 DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Jul 10, 2018
Thema:

BSOD driver overrun stack buffer

1. BSOD driver overrun stack buffer - Similar Threads - BSOD driver overrun

2. The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application, This overrun...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application, This overrun...: It says that when i tried to open open network and internet settings. does anyone know a fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-system-detected-an-overrun-of-a-stack-based/49da1d7d-763a-4202-a669-8ed39b13d933
  3. The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application, This overrun...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application, This overrun...: It says that when i tried to open open network and internet settings. does anyone know a fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-system-detected-an-overrun-of-a-stack-based/49da1d7d-763a-4202-a669-8ed39b13d933
  4. The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application, This overrun...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. System Detected Stack-Based Buffer Overrun

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Detected Stack-Based Buffer Overrun: Hi guys, having some trouble here. I cannot find a solution, I've tried everything I can think of to no avail. One of the games I play seems to have become corrupted and caused a crash. Now it won't launch at all. That is not the main problem. The PC refuses to uninstall...
  6. Stack-based buffer overrun/overflow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stack-based buffer overrun/overflow: I received info on my PC when I re-start it: Stack-based buffer overrun/overflow of a stack-based buffer in this application. svchost.exe So I wrote to Bitdefender and received this answer: Stack-based buffer overrun/overflow is a bug it means that a program writes more...
  7. Svchost.exe stack buffer overflow/overrun

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Svchost.exe stack buffer overflow/overrun: Hello. Yesterday when i turned of the pc, i got this error popping off " svchost.exe The system detected an overrun of a stack based buffer in this application. This overrun could potentially allow a malicious user to gain control of the application. " I turned on the pc...
  8. Random BSOD IRQL and Driver overrun buffer

Random BSOD IRQL and Driver overrun buffer: Can someone look at these minidumps and point me to my problem. This is a dell precision 3530 I ran the bios diag and it found no issues with ram etc. https://www.dropbox.com/s/0nh0q0tvtkgr74b/minidump.zip?dl=0 Also is it safe to post these mini dumps as far as system...
  9. Overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application. What is it?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application. What is it?: Hi, a few hours ago i ran the Sega Supermodel emulator, and when i started a game i got a message like the one in the title stack overflow in a svchost.exe process. Am i infected with malware like Windows says or what? Is the SEGA Supermodel-UI based on a virtual machine? I...
  10. BSOD driver overrun stack buffer

BSOD driver overrun stack buffer: Hi, I just build a new computer with this system information: Naam van besturingssysteem Microsoft Windows 10 Home Versie 10.0.18362 Build 18362 Systeemfabrikant Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. Systeemmodel B450 AORUS PRO Systeemtype x64-based PC Systeem-SKU Default...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER cdd.dll