Windows 10: BSOD Driver Power State Fail - NT Kernel & System

Discus and support BSOD Driver Power State Fail - NT Kernel & System in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Running W10 Pro 64-bit on a Asus M5a99fx Pro V2, AMD 8 core and within the last 3 months I occasionally began to get a BSOD with the dreaded "Driver... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BobLeeSwagger, Nov 2, 2016.

1. BSOD Driver Power State Fail - NT Kernel & System

Running W10 Pro 64-bit on a Asus M5a99fx Pro V2, AMD 8 core and within the last 3 months I occasionally began to get a BSOD with the dreaded "Driver Power State Failure" error. I've tried changing the power state to High Performance and adjusted power settings in Device Settings for LAN to, do not allow computer to sleep to save power....

I've attached a couple of reports and it's pointing to the NT Kernel & System but the reports don't elaborate any further.
    I'm a newb and apologize if I'm forgetting any vital information in my post. *Confused
    I will attach/provide additional information as requested.

Thanks,

:)

BobLeeSwagger, Nov 2, 2016
  2. FerreLambert, Nov 2, 2016
  3. optimisez Win User
    BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

BSOD Driver Power State Fail - NT Kernel & System [​IMG]

dmp file: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ah1AjuR9kjvxgZd0nobyS8RqlqDP_Q

I already try a lot of ways to figure the root of problem that causes this BSOD but I still cannot find it.

Crash Dump Analysis

Crash dump directory: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Sat 12/10/2016 2:57:40 PM your computer crashed

crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\121016-9625-01.dmp

This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x14A510)

Bugcheck code: 0x9F (0x3, 0xFFFFB60E1E292060, 0xFFFFDD01EEAFE8E0, 0xFFFFB60E25C18010)

Error: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe

product: Microsoft? Windows? Operating System

company: Microsoft Corporation

description: NT Kernel & System

Bug check description: This bug check indicates that the driver is in an inconsistent or invalid power state.

This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.

The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Sat 12/10/2016 2:57:40 PM your computer crashed

crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\memory.dmp

This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x0)

Bugcheck code: 0x9F (0x3, 0xFFFFB60E1E292060, 0xFFFFDD01EEAFE8E0, 0xFFFFB60E25C18010)

Bug check description: This bug check indicates that the driver is in an inconsistent or invalid power state.

This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.

The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Fri 12/9/2016 5:04:51 AM your computer crashed

crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\120916-8125-01.dmp

Bugcheck code: 0x9F (0x3, 0xFFFF8B0DF8691060, 0xFFFFD68040DBD8E0, 0xFFFF8B0E01978C10)

On Fri 12/9/2016 1:19:20 AM your computer crashed

crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\120916-9609-01.dmp

Bugcheck code: 0x9F (0x3, 0xFFFF9D0ABF22A610, 0xFFFFC481640D7CB0, 0xFFFF9D0AC6A11010)

On Thu 12/8/2016 6:40:40 PM your computer crashed

crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\120816-11796-01.dmp

Bugcheck code: 0x9F (0x3, 0xFFFFDD88D1061060, 0xFFFFCA8068ECF8E0, 0xFFFFDD88D6CC96B0)

optimisez, Nov 2, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

BSOD Driver Power State Fail - NT Kernel & System

Hi BobLeeSwagger,

Welcome to the 10forums and apologies for the delay.

Are you still in need of help?

axe0, Nov 6, 2016
  5. Problem resolved! With the help of a Glock! *Banghead

I ended up getting it to a reset screen and re-installed leaving my files intact.

Definitely had to be a driver issue, because it runs smooth now.

thanks for the response.

BobLeeSwagger, Nov 6, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    Glad to hear the problem is solved *Smile

axe0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

BSOD Driver Power State Fail - NT Kernel & System

1. BSOD Driver Power State Fail - NT Kernel & System - Similar Threads - BSOD Driver Power

2. Problem with NT Kernel & System

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with NT Kernel & System: Hello! I recently downloaded the application voxal voice changer, thinking that it would be very useful, but it turned out not to be, I deleted it, and my laptop started working slower, in the task manager I saw that the system was loading the system process, Googling for a...
  3. Problem with NT Kernel & System

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem with NT Kernel & System: Hello! I recently downloaded the application voxal voice changer, thinking that it would be very useful, but it turned out not to be, I deleted it, and my laptop started working slower, in the task manager I saw that the system was loading the system process, Googling for a...
  4. NT kernel and file system driver crashing.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    NT kernel and file system driver crashing.: NToskrnl.sys frequently crashes but today i got the nt system file driver crash. ive been BSOD multiple times a day for the past few months. ive gotten new hardware and complete reformat with fresh install windows. ive found no solution. onedrive link with last 5...
  5. BSOD-NT Kernel and System

BSOD-NT Kernel and System: I have gotten a random bluescreen just a few moments ago. Before this, I've never had a blue screen, but the screen turns black and flashes a few times before lighting up and continuing what I've been doing. I've searched about what could've been the cause of this and I...
  6. BSOD-NT Kernel and System

BSOD-NT Kernel and System: I started getting bluescreens out of no where, with no notable changes to the PC coming to mind. Here is the .dmp folder uploaded to onedrive: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnytooK-At5Qjyon3n4-bgqBoxNx?e=s8pLER...
  7. NT Kernel system

NT Kernel system: Nt Kernel system has changed since the last time you used it. do you want to allow it to access the network? is this a problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nt-kernel-system/c65a9711-8017-4b19-8ab9-3b1fc3c0115e
  8. Driver power state fail

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Driver power state fail: I been having power state fails and do not know what driver. Here is the crash dump Thanks Crash dump directories:C:\WindowsC:\Windows\MinidumpOn Wed 8/26/2020 9:13:39 AM your computer crashed or a problem was reportedcrash dump file:...
  9. BSOD-NT Kernel and System

BSOD-NT Kernel and System: Hi all, I've got this BSOD every day, just every hour or so. I'm not sure the reason behind it, but is getting really uncomfortable to work with this computer. I've these screenshots of the error. I've reinstalled Windows and the drivers, could you plase help me to locate...
  10. BSOD - NT Power Kernel - Win 10

BSOD - NT Power Kernel - Win 10: Hi, have done the upgrade from Windows 7 on fairly old hardware I guess now, I think these crashes which are happening at least once a day, random times, sometimes after boot, others after running a while maybe driver related. Have attached my DMP files as requested, have...