Windows 10: BSOD Driver Power State Failure

Discus and support BSOD Driver Power State Failure in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to view my thread, over the years I have found these type of forums to be very useful... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by lazzas67, Aug 29, 2015.

1. lazzas67 Win User

BSOD Driver Power State Failure

Hi, First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to view my thread, over the years I have found these type of forums to be very useful and appreciate the generosity of time and experience shown members.*Smile

I recently upgraded my PC with a new solid state drive and to windows 10. I am now experiencing some BSOD (Driver_Power_State_Failure) crashes. I cant say with any certainty but these appear to only be happening once the computer has been in sleep mode for a while. I have attached Zip file as per instructions and would be appreciative of any help which could help me identify the problematic driver.

Cheers

:)

lazzas67, Aug 29, 2015

2. BSOD error DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE in Windows 10

Original Title: BSOD DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE

Hi,

I am getting bugged up with the BSOD DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE.

Plz help

himanshu agarwal ghy, Aug 29, 2015
  3. shahman2 Win User
    BSOD - Driver Power State Failure

Hi Auggy,

I updated both of the offending drivers and so far I have had 2 days BSOD free. The original problem was not consistently repeatable, so I cannot say with certainty that the "problem is solved," but early indications are positive.

Thanks for the guidance.

-paras

shahman2, Aug 29, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi lazzas67,

Welcome to the 10forums.

Do you have this crash when you use the hard drive that you use(d) before upgrading your pc with the SSD?
    If so, you'll probably have to disable sleep, because it is most likely a bug in windows 10:

• Right click battery icon in the lower right corner.
    • Select power options.
    • Left click on "Choose What The Power Button Does"
    • left click "Change settings that are currently unavailable"
    • Scroll to the bottom and under "Shutdown Settings"
    • UNCHECK the "Sleep" box
    • click the "Save changes" button

You could also try to clean install windows 10, because a clean install after an upgrade could solve problems How to clean install windows 10

5. lazzas67 Win User
    Hi, thanks for your assistance, I had immediately upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 after installing SSD so have not run windows 10 OS from new SSD. I will disable sleep mode on SSD and let you know if this solves the problem.

Cheers

lazzas67, Aug 30, 2015
  6. lazzas67 Win User
    Hi, This issue has persisted, most recently immediately on while waking computer from sleep mode. Generally these BSOD restarts had occurred up to several minutes after waking PC from sleep. any help would be appreciated as i am struggling to identify the issue. Analyzing the Dump file is a little beyond me.

cheers

lazzas67, Aug 31, 2015
  7. axe0 New Member
    Please use the tool again and upload the zip file.

8. lazzas67 Win User

Hi, I have re-run the tool and attached updated zip file.

Cheers

lazzas67, Sep 1, 2015
  9. lazzas67 Win User
    Hi, just wanted to let you know that i changes the SATA port my SSD was using and this has resolved the issue.

lazzas67, Sep 9, 2015
  10. axe0 New Member
    Glad to hear you solved the problem.
    Thanks for reporting the solution *Smile

Thema:

1. BSOD Driver Power State Failure - Similar Threads - BSOD Driver Power

2. BSOD Driver Power State Failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Driver Power State Failure: Please help me I'm so desperate about this one, so here's my problem.I can't update my NVIDIA Drivers without getting BSOD Driver Power State Failure no matter what I do I have to get that first, I've tried to clean install NVIDIA Drivers still the same.I'm using Bitdefender...
  3. BSOD - Driver Power State Failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD - Driver Power State Failure: I seem to get a BSOD after restarting or hard resetting my PC. This has been happening for quite a while and was happening on Windows 10 prior to 11. Please let me know what you find. Mini Dump - 051323-6843-01.dmpThanks!...
  4. Driver Power State Failure BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Driver Power State Failure BSOD: My laptop keeps shutting off with the Driver Power State Failure, even if I just leave it alone.I got the crashdumps and analyzed with WinDbg and got the following:DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f A driver has failed to complete a power IRP within a specific time. Arguments:...
  5. BSOD: DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD: DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE: Hello,I've been attempting to repair a device for some time with no luck. Laptop is a Dell Precision 5560 Device powers on successfully and runs 2-10 minutes before returning the BSOD Driver Power State Failure.I have updated the BIOS, reinstalled the OS using Dell's built in...
  6. BSOD: DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE

BSOD: DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE: Hello,I've been attempting to repair a device for some time with no luck. Laptop is a Dell Precision 5560 Device powers on successfully and runs 2-10 minutes before returning the BSOD Driver Power State Failure.I have updated the BIOS, reinstalled the OS using Dell's built in...
  7. driver power state failure BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    driver power state failure BSOD: I have been experiencing a BSOD since 15 days randomly sometimes once a day sometimes 5 times a dayI have tried looking over the net for all possible solutions but haven't found any.attaching the dump filehttps://www.dropbox.com/s/25yjxbxe8ukgzt9/021622-11578-01.dmp?dl=0...
  8. BSOD-Driver power state failure

BSOD-Driver power state failure: Hi all, I've been experiencing a BSOD issue with the code: driver power state failure when I restart my newly bought desktop. I have a USB WiFi dapater, mouse and keyboard connected to the desktop. I am positive that the USB WiFi dapater and its driver are fine because I sent...
  9. BSOD - DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE

BSOD - DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE: Greetings to all. Since I bought my notebook, the BSOD - DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE happens everyday, more than 1 year. I reinstalled Windows several times and the bsod insists. I feel like I´ve tried everything. Here´s the files...
  10. BSOD Driver Power State Failure

in Windows 10 Customization
    BSOD Driver Power State Failure: Can someone tell me what the hell is going on? Here is my dump file: * ** Bugcheck Analysis **...