Windows 10: BSOD - driver related (iAStorA.sys)

Discus and support BSOD - driver related (iAStorA.sys) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Computer was running great. Had the dumb idea to use driver reviver to update the drivers. Computer rebooted and got stuck on the BSOD. culprit... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by berger34, Sep 1, 2016.

1. berger34 Win User

BSOD - driver related (iAStorA.sys)

Computer was running great. Had the dumb idea to use driver reviver to update the drivers. Computer rebooted and got stuck on the BSOD. culprit iaStorA.sys (Intel driver). recovery partition on the HDD but no way to get into Windows. please help.

dell xps 8300 64 bit Windows 10

thanks

:)

berger34, Sep 1, 2016
  2. StamosK Win User

NTOSKRNL.EXE

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately, there is still a problem. Here's the latest:

1. I updated the driver for iaStorA.sys from the Intel site. The driver now has a Driver Date of 2/3/2016 and a version number 14.10.0.1016.

2. I got two more BSOD's. The minidumps have been uploaded in onedrive in folder BSOD-2, here is the link: OneDrive

3. After I got the latest BSOD, I run driver verifier on iastora.sys. The verifier did not report any issue and the system booted normally.

I see the windbg suspects iastora.sys, but there must be something else going on. May be better luck this time? Thanks again.

StamosK, Sep 1, 2016
  3. BSoD Windows 10! Approximately 100 Windows Updates trying to install but it's only at 1%

iaStorA.sys (Related to iaStorA.sys Intel Matrix Storage Manager driver from Intel Corp.) is both the cause of the BSOD and the cause of the disk repair.

You should download the newest version from intel and if you can get it to boot install the new version which should fix both issues.

If you cant boot you can download the win 10 ISO and do a repair install which will over-write the corrupt iastora.sys.

You can get the ISO here

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/techbench

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Sep 1, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

How to upload files

Fill in your system specsFollow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, fill in your system specs more completely including PSU, cooling and other used stuff like mouse, keyboard, monitor, case, etc.
    The PSU, cooling and other stuff are NOT mentioned in the tool.How to fill in your system specs:

BSOD - driver related (iAStorA.sys) [​IMG]

BSOD - driver related (iAStorA.sys) [​IMG]

axe0, Sep 2, 2016
Thema:

1. BSOD - driver related (iAStorA.sys) - Similar Threads - BSOD driver related

2. BSOD Driver Related

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Driver Related: Good evening, I seem to be getting driver crashes quite frequently now. I just ran Verifier, and it keeps it in a consistent loop of BSOD. Just looking to get these minidumps read so I can try to fix it or get suggestions on how...
  3. BSOD Driver Related

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Driver Related: Good evening, I seem to be getting driver crashes quite frequently now. I just ran Verifier, and it keeps it in a consistent loop of BSOD. Just looking to get these minidumps read so I can try to fix it or get suggestions on how...
  4. BSOD Driver Related

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. BSOD Crashes Relating to dxgmms2.sys

BSOD Crashes Relating to dxgmms2.sys: Hi,I've been experiencing intermittent BSOD crashes in Windows 10. The most recent one had a message relating to dxgmms2.sys, and previous crashes seem to implicate a driver/drivers being the cause of these crashes. I have run memory tests and found nothing wrong with the...
  6. Driver Related BSOD - Driver Verifier

Driver Related BSOD - Driver Verifier: I recently started a new job and was given a new Dell Laptop. I am having seemingly randomly BSOD issues. Some days it doesn't happen at all and some days it can happen up to ten times. I've got several BSOD errors (mainly CRITICAL PROCESS DIED). I believe it's a driver...
  7. BSOD L1C63x64.sys driver

BSOD L1C63x64.sys driver: Hi, I am getting BSODs and the error message it gives is: Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL(L1C63x64.sys) I believe that is the Qualcomm Atheros Network driver, but mine is up to date to the last Windows8 compatible driver on the Atheros website. This leads me to believe...
  8. Driver related BSOD

Driver related BSOD: Was having a lot of BSODs on my computer, so I completely formatted and reinstalled windows 10 - not a few days into the fresh reinstall, the bsods started coming again. So today I had a random bsod, which named ndis.sys as the problem. I then ran driver verifier for a...
  9. BSOD iaStorA / ntoskrnl.exe+142480

BSOD iaStorA / ntoskrnl.exe+142480: Hello, I am consistently getting a BSOD once a day with my machine. I've tried as many things as I could and can't seem to get it solved. System is a Alienware 15 R2, I swapped the 1TB HGST drive for a Samsung 850 EVO 2TB at the user drive. Main OS drive is factory installed...
  10. Frequent dxgmms2.sys related BSOD's

Frequent dxgmms2.sys related BSOD's: Since the last windows update I get frequent crashes with the above source referenced. My Nvidia graphic driver is overwritten by a seemingly unstable one by windows update. My only resolution to cure the problem is to roll back to an older version, whereby I can play...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. iastora.sys driver verifier