Windows 10: BSOD - Driver_Corrupted_Expool & Driver_Overran_Stack_Buffer

Discus and support BSOD - Driver_Corrupted_Expool & Driver_Overran_Stack_Buffer in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I've been getting a few different BSOD since I've started to do 3D rendering using 3DS MAX. Most common errors are DRIVER_CORRUPTED_EXPOOL &... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GGPS90, Jan 16, 2017.

1. GGPS90 Win User

BSOD - Driver_Corrupted_Expool & Driver_Overran_Stack_Buffer

Hello,

I've been getting a few different BSOD since I've started to do 3D rendering using 3DS MAX. Most common errors are DRIVER_CORRUPTED_EXPOOL & DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER.
    Here are 6 recent dump files I've uploaded, can anyone please help me identify the problem. Thank you.

DUMP FILES:
    https://1drv.ms/f/s!AjWUmvzIdGqihVRA_hRFdl8y_jBV

:)

GGPS90, Jan 16, 2017
  2. GGPS90 Win User

BSOD - DRIVER_CORRUPTED_EXPOOL & DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER

Hello,

I've been getting a few different BSOD since I've started to do 3D rendering using 3DS MAX. Most common errors are DRIVER_CORRUPTED_EXPOOL & DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER. Here are 6 recent dump files I've uploaded, can anyone please help me identify the problem.
    Thank you.

DUMP FILES:

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AjWUmvzIdGqihVRA_hRFdl8y_jBV

Intel Core i5 4670K @ 3.40GHz

16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 800MHz

3071MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Ti

MSI Z87-G43 GAMING

GGPS90, Jan 16, 2017
  3. BSOD - DRIVER_CORRUPTED_EXPOOL & DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER

Hi,

BugCheck C5, {100000000, 2, 0, fffff802c10d3850}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.sys

Probably caused by : memory_corruption

BugCheck F7, {fcffb382ef977172, 5dae74584274, ffffa2518ba7bd8b, 0}

Probably caused by : win32kbase.sys ( win32kbase!DrvGetRegistryHandleFromDeviceMap+2c6 )

No real help in the minidumps.

1. If you are over-clocking anything STOP!

2. Check with MSI Support, their on-line documentation, and drivers. Use the

methods below to re-check ALL the major drivers including BIOS and chipset.

Be sure to check with Nvidia Support, their on-line documentation and drivers,

and ask in their forums about any known issues.

BiosVersion = V10.0

BiosReleaseDate = 07/29/2013

SystemManufacturer = MSI

SystemProductName = MS-7816

BaseBoardManufacturer = MSI

BaseBoardProduct = Z87-G43 GAMING (MS-7816)

BaseBoardVersion = 2.0

MSI Support

MSI Global

MSI - Downloads (BIOS and Drivers)

MSI Global

MSI - Forums

MSI Global English Forum - Index

MSI - Service

MSI USA

MSI - Live Update On-Line

MSI Global

MSI - Contacts - Set to North America - USA

MSI Global

nvlddmkm.sys dated 11/24/2016 Nvidia video drivers.

Nvidia - Drivers - Use OPTION 1 to manually enter your driver info to get most current drivers.

Download Drivers | NVIDIA

Nvidia Support - check with Support as it could be a known issue

Nvidia Support

Nvidia Forums - also check for forums as it could be a known issue and/or others likely to have it

http://forums.nvidia.com/

Check with the game maker's and forums to see if their known issues. Games can really stress a system and cause BSOD.

4. Run the memory tests (see methods below).

5. As needed use ALL the methods in the troubleshooters below.

6. After ALL the above if needed run DriverVerifier to see if it can indicate a

CAUSE (see DriverVerifier methods below).

======================

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

========================================================

BCCode: F7 0x0000000F7

Check thoroughly for malware using the methods in the next message. Other possible causes include

drivers, BIOS, low level chipset drivers, and errant software recently installed. Check the memory. If needed run Driver Verifier as indicated in the troubleshooter below.

BCCode: F7 0x0000000F7 <-- read this link

http://www.faultwire.com/solutions-fatal_error/A-driver-has-overrun-a-stack-based-buffer-0x000000F7-*1244.html?order=votes

Bug_Check : C5 0x000000C5 <-- read this link

http://www.faultwire.com/solutions-fatal_error/A-device-driver-has-pool-0x000000C5-*1198.html

=================================================

This utility makes it easy to see which versions are loaded :

Run DriverView - set VIEW to Hide Microsoft drivers - update those without

Dump in their names (and update BIOS and chipset).

DriverView - Free - utility displays the list of all device drivers currently loaded

on your system. For each driver in the list, additional useful information is

displayed: load address of the driver, description, version, product name,

company that created the driver, and more.

DriverView: Loaded Windows Drivers List

For Drivers check System Maker as fallbacks and Device Maker's which are the

most current. Control Panel - Device Manager - Display Adapter - write down

the make and complete model of your video adapter - double click - Driver's

tab - write down the version info. Now click UPdate Driver (this may not do

anything as MS is far behind certifying drivers) - then Right Click - Uninstall -

REBOOT this will refresh the driver stack.

Repeat that for Network - Network Card (NIC), Wifi, Sound, Mouse and Keyboard

if 3rd party with their own software and drivers and any other major device drivers

you have.

Now go to System Maker's site (Dell, HP, Toshiba as examples) (as rollback) and

then Device Maker's site (Realtek, Intel, Nvidia, ATI as examples) and get their

latest versions. (Look for BIOS, Chipset, and software updates at System Maker's

site while there.)

Download - SAVE - go to where you put them - Right Click - RUN AD ADMIN -

REBOOT after each installation.

Always check in Device Manager - Drivers tab to be sure the version you are

installing actually shows up. This is because some drivers rollback before the

latest is installed (sound drivers particularly do this) so install a driver - reboot

- check to be sure it is installed and repeat as needed.

Repeat at Device Makers - BTW at Device Makers DO NOT RUN THEIR SCANNER -

heck manually by model.

Manually look at manufacturer's sites for drivers - and Device Maker's sites.

How to Find and Download Drivers
    ====================================================

Memory tests do not catch all errors such as mismatched memory (possible even

for sticks that appear to be identical) and when faster memory is placed in system

behind slower memory. So it is best to also swap sticks in and out to check for

those even if all memory tests fail to show a problem.

To test RAM check here - let it run 4+ hours or so. <-- best method

www.memtest.org

MemTestX86 - Test RAM With

MemTest86+ - Test RAM

For the Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool.

Type in Cortana's search box -> Windows Memory Diagnostics

at top of list - click it. in Windows 8/8.1/10 the name is "Windows Memory

Diagnostic".

======================================================

After doing ALL the updates you can, and if the issue continues, then run

DriverVerifier.

Driver Verifier can help find some BSOD issues :

Using Driver Verifier to identify issues with Windows drivers for advanced users

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/244617

How To Troubleshoot Driver Problems in Windows Vista or 7. (8/8.1 and 10

are essentially the same).

Driver Verifier Manager & Device Manager in Windows

Using Driver Verifier

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/li...448(v=vs.85).aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

WINKEY + X - RUN - type in -> verifier /reset hit enter to disable

Use BlueScreenView to see if there is a driver specified in the error message.

Also check with MyEventViewer at the time of the BlueScreen.

If DriverVerifier creates a minidump upload it and post the link here so we can

analyze it.

Hope this helps.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rob Brown -
    Microsoft MVP
    <- profile - Windows and Devices for IT : Bicycle - Mark Twain said it right.

SpiritX MS MVP, Jan 16, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

Hello and welcome to TenForums *Smile

Thanks for the dump files but it also helps us if you can post the other files that get included when you follow the BSOD Posting Instructions. Please do that.

In the meantime I think it would be good to try updating various drivers. Start with the graphics driver.

The best way to do this is to uninstall everything of Nvidia using Display Driver Uninstaller and install new drivers from your Graphics card manufacturer or from the NVidia website. When you do this be sure the "clean install" box is checked and only install the Graphics driver and the PhysX driver.

philc43, Jan 16, 2017
Thema:

1. BSOD - Driver_Corrupted_Expool & Driver_Overran_Stack_Buffer - Similar Threads - BSOD Driver_Corrupted_Expool Driver_Overran_Stack_Buffer

2. driver_overran_stack_buffer BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    driver_overran_stack_buffer BSOD: I've been experiencing quite a few BSOD as of late, and cannot seem to pinpoint the issue. The computer will crash to the blue screen at seemingly random times. Sometimes it will crash while idle after 5 min of boot time, sometimes it crashes after 30-60 min of gaming. The...
  3. driver_overran_stack_buffer BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    driver_overran_stack_buffer BSOD: I've been experiencing quite a few BSOD as of late, and cannot seem to pinpoint the issue. The computer will crash to the blue screen at seemingly random times. Sometimes it will crash while idle after 5 min of boot time, sometimes it crashes after 30-60 min of gaming. The...
  4. BSOD DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER: DMP File:https://1drv.ms/u/s!At7yn_S8-Yrfs0gvGlNrW-Exaad6?e=UOr6gn https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-driveroverranstackbuffer/124ee9c5-1172-48c8-b45c-e6e9fd81253d
  5. BSOD driver_corrupted_expool

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD driver_corrupted_expool: The computer is only 3 days old. I had started to close a program and it asked if I wanted to save before I quit, I clicked no and received the error. File attached. Thanks 36180
  6. BSOD driver_corrupted_expool plugging in USB device

BSOD driver_corrupted_expool plugging in USB device: Windows 10 has been stable for me, but recently saw BSOD with driver_corrupted_expool error. Any assistance would be much appreciated. Attachment 45676 28351
  7. BSOD Driver_Overran_Stack_Buffer

BSOD Driver_Overran_Stack_Buffer: Recently, I have a BSOD Driver Overran Stack Buffer while playing game. Here is the attached file Attachment 37234 I have in minidump folder for each BSOD. I need help to figure out which problems my computer has pls. My system specs: - Mainboard MSI B85M-E45 - Intel Core...
  8. BSOD DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER and SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

BSOD DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER and SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION: Hello, I've been having fairly regular BSODs ever since I installed Windows 10 about 4-5 months ago. Initially I thought it was my sound card causing the issue, and after buying a new one the problem seemed to go away for a few weeks, but now it's returned and I can't...
  9. [BSOD] DRIVER_CORRUPTED_EXPOOL in Windows 10 Pro

[BSOD] DRIVER_CORRUPTED_EXPOOL in Windows 10 Pro: Hi, I suddenly got the DRIVER_CORRUPTED_EXPOOL BSOD.. Please help letting me know what caused the issue.. Attached logs.. Thanks in advance *Smile Attachment 58961 37538
  10. BSOD on Startup. Driver_Overran_Stack_Buffer

BSOD on Startup. Driver_Overran_Stack_Buffer: Hey guys, this error just started not to long ago, and it happens to when I boot up my desktop. Once it restarts it boots Windows 10 right up without a problem. Here is the .zip file that is to be attached with each BSOD post Attachment 30300 If you guys need my...