Windows 10: BSOD driver_irql_not_less_or_equal (ETD.SYS)

Discus and support BSOD driver_irql_not_less_or_equal (ETD.SYS) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've been getting BSODs randomly, usually a couple of days apart with the error message "driver_irql_not_less_or_equal (ETD.SYS)". I'm aware that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by jimmythehamster, Jan 26, 2016.

1. BSOD driver_irql_not_less_or_equal (ETD.SYS)

I've been getting BSODs randomly, usually a couple of days apart with the error message "driver_irql_not_less_or_equal (ETD.SYS)". I'm aware that ETD.sys refers to my touchpad drivers, and I have already downloaded the latest drivers for the touchpad from clevo with no effect, the BSODs continued to happen. Judging by the amount of people with the exact same problem ELANtech has something to answer for. Anyway hopefully someone more experienced can help me with this issue, the crash dumps should be attached.

Thanks.

:)

jimmythehamster, Jan 26, 2016
  2. Adam1810 Win User

Windows 10 issue - DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (ETD.sys)

Hi,

Just got a new laptop with Windows 10 installed and I keep getting the BSOD - DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (ETD.sys)

It seems that it's an issue with the ELAN touchpad driver. I've updated using the driver disc and also downloaded from the manufacturers website but I'm still getting the BSOD.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Adam1810, Jan 26, 2016
  3. Elantech touchpad windows 10 on Acer Aspire laptop

Elantech's etd.sys keep giving me the bsod so I had to go the hour long

boot-bsod

attempt to repair boot

force power off and f8 boot

rename etd.sys boot

log in with digital keyboard and uninstall elantech so my laptop keyboard work boot

Elantech keeps stealth installing, I disabled auto driver installation last week and today I had to redo the whole thing because it somehow infected my system again. It's now a malicious virus to me.

So how do I actually keep it from reinstalling on my machine? This is the fifth or sixth time I had to rename etd.sys

Thanks

GeorgeChang1, Jan 26, 2016
  4. lifetec Win User

BSOD driver_irql_not_less_or_equal (ETD.SYS)

Your zip has no content inside please rerun the collector and upload again.

lifetec, Jan 26, 2016
  5. Don't know how that happened, thanks for the heads up. Should be good now.

jimmythehamster, Jan 27, 2016
  6. Any help with this would be appreciated because this is driving me crazy.

jimmythehamster, Feb 4, 2016
  7. axe0 New Member
    Hi jimmythehamster,

Welcome to the 10forums *Smile

Please check your manufacturer for driver updates for the elan input device (touchpad), this driver seems to have caused all the crashes of the dumps present in the current uploaded zip file.
    Code: *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for ETD.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ETD.sys 1: kd> lmvm ETD start end module name fffff801`84760000 fffff801`847d3000 ETD T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: ETD.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\ETD.sys Image name: ETD.sys Timestamp: Thu Sep 10 13:42:13 2015 (55F16C95) CheckSum: 00078693 ImageSize: 00073000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]

axe0, Feb 4, 2016
  8. BSOD driver_irql_not_less_or_equal (ETD.SYS)

Thanks for the reply axe0

As I said in the OP I've already downloaded the latest drivers for the touchpad from clevo, the problem still persists. If only it was so easy *Sad

9. axe0 New Member
    From what link did you download the drivers?

Is this Windows 10 installation an upgrade?

Please uninstall McAfee while troubleshooting and use Windows Defender as alternative
    https://service.mcafee.com/webcenter...leId=TS101331#!
    McAfee is causing a lot of problems, for example
    Code: Event[58719]: Log Name: System Source: Service Control Manager Date: 2016-01-27T17:20:09.504 Event ID: 7009 Task: N/A Level: Error Opcode: N/A Keyword: Classic User: N/A User Name: N/A Computer: Cube-08388 Description: A timeout was reached (30000 milliseconds) while waiting for the mcpltsvc service to connect. Event[58720]: Log Name: System Source: Service Control Manager Date: 2016-01-27T17:20:09.504 Event ID: 7000 Task: N/A Level: Error Opcode: N/A Keyword: Classic User: N/A User Name: N/A Computer: Cube-08388 Description: The McAfee Platform Services service failed to start due to the following error: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.[/quote]

axe0, Feb 4, 2016
  10. Drivers came from here CLEVO Driver Download

The laptop came with windows 10 installed but I think this was an upgrade done by the seller Cube. I'm pretty sure it was on Windows 7 before they upgraded it.

Uninstalled Mcaffee. Now what?

11. axe0 New Member
    All those drivers are from 2014, they are not compatible with w10.
    How have you updated your touchpad to 2015?

12. What do you mean? I just installed those latest drivers.

13. axe0 New Member

The link you posted shows that the drivers are meant for Windows 8.1

Example of 1 of them
    The etd.sys driver from my first post in this thread dates 2015, from where did you get the driver that dates 2015?

14. Strange. I'm still pretty sure I got the drivers from there, not sure where else they would have come from.

15. axe0 New Member
    If there are no Windows 10 drivers available for your laptop from your manufacturer, I can't suggest much more then to revert back to whatever OS you previously used.

Thema:

1. BSOD driver_irql_not_less_or_equal (ETD.SYS) - Similar Threads - BSOD driver_irql_not_less_or_equal ETD

2. driver_irql_not_less_or_equal wdf01000.sys BSOD ??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    driver_irql_not_less_or_equal wdf01000.sys BSOD ??: I have been experiencing this issue constantly, its starting to be multiple times a day and im unsure how i can fix this.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/driverirqlnotlessorequal-wdf01000sys-bsod/af9be678-2d61-4903-8d08-84d03488bd3b
  3. driver_irql_not_less_or_equal wdf01000.sys BSOD ??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    driver_irql_not_less_or_equal wdf01000.sys BSOD ??: I have been experiencing this issue constantly, its starting to be multiple times a day and im unsure how i can fix this.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/driverirqlnotlessorequal-wdf01000sys-bsod/af9be678-2d61-4903-8d08-84d03488bd3b
  4. BSOD driver_irql_not_less_or_equal wdf01000.sys

BSOD driver_irql_not_less_or_equal wdf01000.sys: Hello, so a few days ago I got this BSOD screen. At first I thought that it had something to do with my gpu drivers. But after I uninstalled my GPU driver using DDU and installed the latest version of my GPU driver, I got the BSOD video tdr failure nvlddmkm.sys Can anyone...
  5. DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - CH341S64.SYS BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - CH341S64.SYS BSOD: Hello,So the last couple of weeks I've been getting bluescreens related to my arduino. They happen at random. I've tried reinstalling the latest drivers and changing usb ports. I also can't think of any program or driver I've installed that could interfere with it.Driver...
  6. DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - CH341S64.SYS BSOD

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - CH341S64.SYS BSOD: Hello,So the last couple of weeks I've been getting bluescreens related to my arduino. They happen at random. I've tried reinstalling the latest drivers and changing usb ports. I also can't think of any program or driver I've installed that could interfere with it.Driver...
  7. BSOD DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL L1C63x64.sys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL L1C63x64.sys: Hi, since a month or two I'm getting this BSOD while streaming with OBS https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Rah2ipKpSC85ao5wmyxu3I6peK5DOhyj DMP File...
  8. BSOD L1C63x64.sys / Driver_IRQL_Not_LESS_OR_EQUAL

BSOD L1C63x64.sys / Driver_IRQL_Not_LESS_OR_EQUAL: Hello, recently i have been having some blue screens usualy while streaming, usualy after 1 hour passed but not always, sometimes it last 3 hours some times less than 1 tried stressing the processor but it didnt made a blue screen. Someone have any idea? I attach the BSOD...
  9. BSOD Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL L1C63x64.sys

BSOD Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL L1C63x64.sys: Hello So for the past couple of months I've been using my work phone to tether for my internet and no problems. I have to give it back soon so I'm back to using Comcast (shudder) which means I'm back to using my ethernet which is when all this started happening. I've...
  10. BSOD DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (L1C62x64.sys)

BSOD DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (L1C62x64.sys): hello i have a driver problem and its pointing to L1C62x64.sys the driver from the qualcomm atheros AR8171/8175 PCI-E gigabit Ethernet Controller (ndis 6.20) but i dont know how to fix it or if it realy is that driver. before windows 10 my pc was windows 7 home premium....