Windows 10: BSOD: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL [Files Inside]

Discus and support BSOD: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL [Files Inside] in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey all, new to this forum and need some help interpreting some BSOD files. This happened this morning while playing Fortnite; this game has given me a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Schirmy, Feb 28, 2018.

1. Schirmy Win User

BSOD: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL [Files Inside]

Hey all, new to this forum and need some help interpreting some BSOD files. This happened this morning while playing Fortnite; this game has given me a lot of issues recently after receiving this new PC. I've tried uninstalling MalwareBytes and other hard/software programs like gpu-z, speccy, etc since they are known to trigger stop codes in Windows 10. It was working for a few days then this happened. Looking for some help before I just re-install, thanks! *Smile

MEGA

BSOD: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL [Files Inside] [​IMG]

:)

Schirmy, Feb 28, 2018

2. Comodo Autorun BSOD/Green screen of death + Taskmgr.exe missing while in the directory..

Having issues with Comodo Autorun and taskmgr.exe

I was trying to use Comodo Autorun last night. It was collecting data or whatever (last night, I don't remember) and right after I got a green screen/BSOD Insider Version and I got DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL or something along those lines. The file was atapi.sys.

I was using Comodo Autorun instead of Task Manger/taskmgr.exe in the first place because of this: Imgur

Build 17046, Windows 10 Pro

Need help on both these issues. Thanks.

Moved from: Windows Insider Program/Windows Insider Preview/Files, folders, and online storage/PC

redonbills, Feb 28, 2018
  3. nwifi.sys BSOD windows 10

Hello,

I have recently been experiencing a BSOD with the nwifi.sys failure and the stop code DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. I have attached the minidump files as well at the end of this post.

Thanks for your time.

nwifi.sys.zip

RaccoonEyedNinja, Feb 28, 2018
  4. Ztruker Win User

As the notice at the top of the forum says:

Thanks.

Ztruker, Mar 1, 2018
  5. Schirmy Win User
    Here we go.

Schirmy, Mar 1, 2018
  6. Ztruker Win User
    No dumps in the zip you uploaded yet msinfo32.nfo indicates you had 32 blue screen events. Are you running any software to cleanup your hard drive, like CCleaner? If so, please stop running it for now or set it up so it doesn't delete dumps and log files.

Also, please run our beta collection tool now and in the future when you get additional BSODs as it collects additional info that may help.
    Run it now please and upload the zip. ===> log collector v2-beta08.zip

Ztruker, Mar 2, 2018
  7. Schirmy Win User
    32 sounds about right. I'm not running any software like that. I've noticed Windows does delete my minidump files often; the latest dump file is the mega.nz link in the OP. I downloaded the beta tool, but I'm not exactly sure how to run it?

Thanks.

Edit: Right-clicking stuff helps. Here you go.

Schirmy, Mar 2, 2018
  8. Ztruker Win User

No dumps makes it tough to debug. Please run the beta collection program again asa soon as another BSOD occurs and upload the zip file.

I see several of these in the event log:

Code: Event[4817]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-FilterManager Date: 2018-03-01T10:12:04.253 Event ID: 6 Task: N/A Level: Information Opcode: Info Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-18 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: DESKTOP-OSLQL77 Description: File System Filter 'BEDaisy' (10.0, ?2017?-?11?-?07T21:53:13.000000000Z) has successfully loaded and registered with Filter Manager. Event[4818]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-General Date: 2018-03-01T10:29:06.788 Event ID: 12 Task: N/A Level: Information Opcode: Info Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-18 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: DESKTOP-OSLQL77 Description: The operating system started at system time ?2018?-?03?-?01T15:29:06.496834100Z.[/quote] BEDaisy belongs to Driver Description: BattleEye anti-cheat driver. Uninstall it and see if that helps you.

Ztruker, Mar 2, 2018
  9. Schirmy Win User
    BEDaisy belongs to Driver Description: BattleEye anti-cheat driver. Uninstall it and see if that helps you.[/quote] Well, it seems like BattleEye Anti-Cheat is a program loaded with Fortnite and auto-installs when you download it. This information avails me to a few different routes. I did uninstall it, but it's necessary to play Fortnite. Some people were saying anti-virus programs can produce conflict with the driver; currently I run Windows Defender...and that's it, so I allowed the application as an exception. I may reinstall AVG and test with Windows Defender turned off. I'll monitor and report back as needed.

Schirmy, Mar 2, 2018
  10. Schirmy Win User
    Alright, was clean for a few days, but here is the latest log for a bad object header.

Schirmy, Mar 4, 2018
  11. Ztruker Win User
    Again, no mini dump found, but a full dump is available: Crash dump found at C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP.
    Zip that and upload to OneDrive then post a link here to it so I can download it to take a look at it. It's large so will take a while to upload.

Also, seeing BeDaisy.sys a lot in event logs around the time of various failures. May not mean anything. Let's see what the dump shows us.

Ztruker, Mar 4, 2018
  12. Schirmy Win User
    Okay, here we go. Windows deleted the dump file in the c:\Windows\Minidump folder. This is from the log I posted previously.

Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

Schirmy, Mar 4, 2018
  13. Ztruker Win User

What about the dump found at C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. It's not a mini dump, it's a full system dump and it was there when you ran the Beta collection tool:

Code: Crash dump found at C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP Creation date: 03/04/2018 20:05:25 Size on disk: 836 MB[/quote] Zip and upload to OneDrive and post a link here please. The mini dump you posted does not contain any useful info.

Also, please check the voltages in BIOS Setup and post here.

I see you have a Nvidia GeForce 1070. The driver date is 12/14/2017 and the version is 388.71. The latest is version 391.01 dated 02/26/2018.

Remove and install latest Nvidia drivers:
    I suggest completely uninstalling the Nvidia display drivers using Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) from WagnardMobile (near bottom of page) then get the latest driver for you Nvidia card here: NVIDIA Driver Downloads. Then do a custom install of only the NVidia graphics driver and the PhysX driver.
    See if that gets rid of the problem.

If no then it's time to test your RAM then run Driver Verifier.

Ztruker, Mar 6, 2018
  14. Schirmy Win User
    Zip and upload to OneDrive and post a link here please. The mini dump you posted does not contain any useful info.

Also, please check the voltages in BIOS Setup and post here.

I see you have a Nvidia GeForce 1070. The driver date is 12/14/2017 and the version is 388.71. The latest is version 391.01 dated 02/26/2018.

Remove and install latest Nvidia drivers:
    I suggest completely uninstalling the Nvidia display drivers using Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) from WagnardMobile (near bottom of page) then get the latest driver for you Nvidia card here: NVIDIA Driver Downloads. Then do a custom install of only the NVidia graphics driver and the PhysX driver.
    See if that gets rid of the problem.

If no then it's time to test your RAM then run Driver Verifier.[/quote] I just had a memory management BSOD after playing Hearthstone. The beta log collection is attached below. There is a full DMP file located in there. Here is a picture of my voltages: https://i.imgur.com/JITKNaG.jpg The vram is normal, my cpu voltage is a bit high, however. After this BSOD, I downloaded memtest86 and got through 2 passes with no errors; I know 8 passes is best, but I had to go out for a bit and wanted to be home while it ran, so I'll re-run it again soon. This folder, "C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP" ​doesn't exist on my C drive. As for the drivers, yes, I'm using older ones. Reddit discussion about the latest driver was pretty poor and people were saying it's really bad overall.

Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

Schirmy, Mar 7, 2018
  15. Ztruker Win User
    According to the beta collection tool, the MEMORY.DMP is there:

Code: Crash dump found at C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP Creation date: 03/07/2018 16:43:16 Size on disk: 830 MB[/quote] Since we're not seeing any indication of a video problem the current driver should be fine.
    1.35V for the CPU is not bad from what I read.

Ztruker, Mar 7, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL [Files Inside] - Similar Threads - BSOD DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Files

2. BSOD DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: Hello, I get a blue screen on my Windows 10 PC at irregular intervals. The information about the PC and the bluescreen minidump I have stored here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/aw8uhbe7aln1i53/110520-11375-01.zip?dl=1 I have already followed many guidelines, but unfortunately...
  3. DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD: I had a blue screen error code KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE, so I ran the driver verifier all driver option selected and reboot my PC. After rebooting, the PC is super laggy and I always have the blue screen error as on the title and it said "What failed: fwpkclnt.sys". I...
  4. BSOD - DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD - DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: Hi, I've been having frequent blue screen issues on my laptop, often enough that I can't complete any work. The stop code is sometimes SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED and with "What failed: Wdf0100.sys". Sometimes, the stop code is DEVICE_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL with no...
  5. [BSOD] DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

[BSOD] DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: Hey everyone, I have been having these blue screens for quite some time now and I am having trouble finding the cause of the problem. I have done a memtest and everything was fine. I have also been getting some other bluescreen messages, although the only one I can recall...
  6. BSOD Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

BSOD Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: Hello guys. I purchased a computer about a month and half ago from a reputable website here in the Czech Republic. Info from DXDIAG Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit 10.0, Build 18363 18362.19h1_release.190318-1202 Language: English Regional Setting:...
  7. Bsod - driver_irql_not_less_or_equal

Bsod - driver_irql_not_less_or_equal: Hi, not long after installing two more RAM sticks to my motherboard, for a total of three sticks with 24GB, I started having this problem. Thinking that maybe this was the problem I ran memtest86 for about 5 hours without it throwing any errors at all. I'm not sure what to...
  8. BSOD - DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

BSOD - DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: Hi there, Can anyone help in identifying the cause of this BSOD? WhoCrashed Mini Dump File -https://upload.cat/72d9e88490fa6a91 Wndows Event Log - https://upload.cat/0f9a1af622e28a05 WhoCrashed: On Wed 30/10/2019 21:43:56 your computer crashed or a problem was...
  9. Bsod DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Bsod DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: 112218-50437-01.dmp 22.11.2018 19:35:33 DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL 0x000000d1 00000000`c8b3ed80 00000000`00000002 00000000`00000000 fffff802`5accb5aa dxgmms1.sys dxgmms1.sys+b5aa DirectX Graphics MMS Microsoft® Windows® Operating Systen Microsoft Corporation...
  10. Driver_irql_not_less_or_equal bsod

Driver_irql_not_less_or_equal bsod: Hi forums, This issue has been bugging me for awhile now. This blue screen happens only when I am streaming to Twitch using OBS. I noticed that the issue usually occurs when I leave the TwitchAlerts desktop app open. However, I believe that I did not have it open today....