Windows 10: BSOD DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL while gaming

Discus and support BSOD DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL while gaming in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I'm using a laptop I bought last week, came with windows 8.1, free upgraded to windows 10. Installed all the updates before and after upgrading,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Cero, Sep 19, 2015.

1. Cero Win User

BSOD DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL while gaming

Hello, I'm using a laptop I bought last week, came with windows 8.1, free upgraded to windows 10. Installed all the updates before and after upgrading, and to my knowledge I have all the latest updates currently available.
    I was playing a game a day or so ago and started to get a strange display glitch, and after a while got popup saying that the Intel HD Graphics driver was having issues (I cant remember the exact wording). The problem doesn't occur everytime I game, but its worrying. Last night it happened again, same flickering, only I got the BSOD as stated above. Restarted, searched for drivers, found an update to the intel drivers and installed them. Still getting flickering.
    Thanks in advance for help, if theres any additional info needed Im happy to assist.

Attachment 38476

:)

2. tjames818 Win User

BSOD: driver_irql_not_less_or_equal (e2xw10x64.sys)

Hello,

My girlfriend brought a BSOD to my attention while she was on my computer today. She was watching YouTube videos and playing some games on Facebook Apps when she got the BSOD. The information she gave me was directly from the screenshot of the error information
    which is stated below.

driver_irql_not_less_or_equal

ERROR: e2xw10x64.sys

Any idea of what caused this?

tjames818, Sep 19, 2015
  3. BSOD Error while gaming DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

We do need the actual log files (called a DMP files) as they contain the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

Please follow our instructions for finding and uploading the files we need to help you fix your computer. They can be found here
    If you have any questions about the procedure please ask

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Sep 19, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi Cero,

Welcome to the 10forums.

The cause of the crash is the Nvidia Video driver.

Please try the following
    • Search msconfig and open it
    • Go to the tab services
    • Check 'Hide Microsoft services'
    • Search Nvidia Streamer Service and uncheck it
    • Click apply > ok
    • Reboot if asked

See if that helps

Keep us posted *Smile

5. Cero Win User
    Thanks a lot for responding, sorry Ive taken so long to reply, I wanted to give it some time to see if the error occurs again. For the past week Ive done sessions of both light and heavy gaming, and I can definitely say I haven't encountered the BSOD since Ive tried your suggestion.
    It might also be worth noting that I received the error in the screenshot attatched Attachment 40364, which prompted me to contact customer service via live chat at NVidia. I was told by the CSR to install the previous version of the driver, which I did.
    Reporting back that I tried both suggestions, and no BSOD. I did get the screen glitch once, and it wasn't in any of the more high performance sessions. Thanks for the help so far!
    Attachment 40371

6. axe0 New Member
    Glad to hear that *Smile

7. Cero Win User
    Started getting the flashes again today, a few times while playing two different games, and once got the same error as above in the screenshot :/

8. axe0 New Member

9. Cero Win User
    Hello. Sorry I haven't replied, got very busy with school and stuff. Good news is after trying your suggestion everything was normal. Bad news is that I updated my driver recently and things went back to glitchy graphics, and I got three consecutive BSODs, "Video Scheduler Internal Error" twice and "DPC Watchdog violation". Luckily I had a system restore point, so I did and everything went back to normal.
    Which brings me to last night, got a BSOD (didn't get any since the system restore) and ran driver verifier and got one during the process, as should be indicated by the logs. Thanks for all your help thus far, you've really done a lot and I appreciate it so much man!

Cero, Dec 6, 2015
  10. axe0 New Member
    Please remove ASUS software, it is known for causing bluescreens.

Please update your Scarlet.Crush Productions Scp Dual Shock 3 Virtual Bus Driver from your manufacturer ASUS
    Driver Reference Table - ScpVBus.sys
    Code: *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for ScpVBus.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ScpVBus.sys 3: kd> lmvm scpvbus start end module name fffff800`f00e0000 fffff800`f00ee000 ScpVBus T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: ScpVBus.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\ScpVBus.sys Image name: ScpVBus.sys Timestamp: Sun May 05 23:31:26 2013 (5186CFAE) CheckSum: 00010BD7 ImageSize: 0000E000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]

11. Cero Win User
    Will remove them, should I include software I'm seeing like "ATK package" "Device Setup", " Windows Driver Package - ASUS (ATP) Mouse and Winflash? They all show up when I search "Asus" in my installed programs (among others that I've already removed as of now)?Thanks for the help

12. axe0 New Member
    Please post a screenshot of the programs you mean.

13. Cero Win User

These I mean, I already removed other bloatware

14. axe0 New Member
    Do you have a driver disk for your laptop?
    If you have it, run it and see what software it could install.
    I recommend to remove every ASUS software except for the software that is on the driver disk, or everything if you don't need the software from the driver disk.

ATK Package and ASUS Smart Gesture are software for the touchpad, hotkey (fn functionality) and some other functionality, you likely can install them from the driver disk.

15. Cero Win User
    No driver disk came with my laptop. Also with regards to the driver I was to update, its from a program I no longer use and uninstalled a while ago, how would I go about removing the driver altogether?

Thema:

1. BSOD DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL while gaming - Similar Threads - BSOD DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL while

2. BSOD DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL ntoskrnl.exe while running Spotify

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL ntoskrnl.exe while running Spotify: for the past 2 months my laptop has always had a blue screen with the code "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL ntoskrnl.exe" when I'm listening to music on Spotify without running other applications the only application that runs is Spotify. I've tried several ways such as...
  3. BSOD DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error while playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error while playing games: Hello,I have been having this issue where while playing a game on my computer Runner 3, my computer will BSOD after playing the game for a while. I've attempted sfc/scannow and even factory resetting windows 11 however the error still occurs. I have attatched a the dump file...
  4. BSOD DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error while playing games

BSOD DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error while playing games: Hello,I have been having this issue where while playing a game on my computer Runner 3, my computer will BSOD after playing the game for a while. I've attempted sfc/scannow and even factory resetting windows 11 however the error still occurs. I have attatched a the dump file...
  5. DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD only when gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD only when gaming: Hi all,I have been getting consistent BSOD's, all with the stop code: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. What failed: tcpip.sys. This specifically only happens when playing Fortnite for whatever reason. It has not happened outside of Fortnite at all. It must be some other program...
  6. DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD only when gaming

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD only when gaming: Hi all,I have been getting consistent BSOD's, all with the stop code: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. What failed: tcpip.sys. This specifically only happens when playing Fortnite for whatever reason. It has not happened outside of Fortnite at all. It must be some other program...
  7. BSOD often while booting, "driver_irql_not_less_or_equal" sgravpn.sys

BSOD often while booting, "driver_irql_not_less_or_equal" sgravpn.sys: Hello,i have a problem i am unable to fix and would like your help with this.While booting my pc, i often encounter a BSOD with the error code"driver_irql_not_less_or_equal" and the error source "sgravpn.sys".Can someone knowledgeable look into my minidump logs and point me...
  8. BSOD while playing league --> Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD while playing league --> Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: [img] 131873
  9. Random BSOD while using chrome, DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Random BSOD while using chrome, DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: Random BSOD when using chrome. DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_THAN_OR_EQUAL (tcpip.sys) Attachment 106517 67233
  10. Random BSODs while browsing - DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Random BSODs while browsing - DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: Hi all, I've been having issues on and off over the past week or two with randomly appearing BSODs reporting the error "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL". I know it means there's something going on with my drivers but I'm not sure what's going on. I can't pinpoint what...