Windows 10: BSOD driver_power_state_failure

Discus and support BSOD driver_power_state_failure in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The bsod occurs with both bios drivers, so I guess it is not a bios related problem. FYI, a problem doesn't have to be caused by 1 thing, a problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Krakas, Oct 27, 2016.

1. axe0 New Member

BSOD driver_power_state_failure

FYI, a problem doesn't have to be caused by 1 thing, a problem could have multiple causes.

2. Krakas Win User

Well yes I understand that. It's just me trying to figure out (With your help) the source of the problem... It can be a ram problem as you said. The rams are fine, as I ran a memtest for 6 hours and no errors occurred. The mixed memory issue however could be the problem. I've got a friend with the same exact computer as mine, and he has the same exact problem as me! We use the computer in similar ways and he gets the same bsod in the same situations. Interesting fact, we only started having those problems when we upgrated from 8.1 to windows 10.

Also again I really would like to test if by removing one ram stick the problem would be gone but as the asus policy with the warranty is really strict I wouldn't really like to open it now... I've got a few months left on the warranty and might need it if the problem persists...

Thanks again

Krakas, Nov 18, 2016
  3. axe0 New Member
    I assume you bought the laptop online?

4. Krakas Win User

I've bought it in a store...

Krakas, Nov 19, 2016
  5. axe0 New Member
    Then you can go to the store and ask them to do it, that should not void your warranty.

6. Krakas Win User
    Will try to do so.

Thanks for the advice *Smile

Krakas, Nov 19, 2016
  7. Ztruker Win User
    Memory removal or replacement does not void a warranty unless there is a sticker covering the access that specifically states this.

Ztruker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD driver_power_state_failure - Similar Threads - BSOD driver_power_state_failure

2. "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE" BSOD Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE" BSOD Error: I have been periodically received a BSOD error probably at least once a day. I have pulled a Memory.DMP, which can be viewed below. Please advise. Thank you!******************************************************************************* * * * Bugcheck Analysis * * *...
  3. "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE" BSOD Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE" BSOD Error: I have been periodically received a BSOD error probably at least once a day. I have pulled a Memory.DMP, which can be viewed below. Please advise. Thank you!******************************************************************************* * * * Bugcheck Analysis * * *...
  4. BSOD related to DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 0x0000009f

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD related to DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 0x0000009f: Hello,I have been receiving repeated BSODs related to the DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE. To date, I have reinstalled my OS from the ground up, and yet, I still receive the BSOD at random times.What could it be? Is there a way to determine which exact driver/component is causing...
  5. BSOD related to DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 0x0000009f

BSOD related to DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 0x0000009f: Hello,I have been receiving repeated BSODs related to the DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE. To date, I have reinstalled my OS from the ground up, and yet, I still receive the BSOD at random times.What could it be? Is there a way to determine which exact driver/component is causing...
  6. BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE: My Dell Latitude 3410 crashed while the lid is closed and the fans started to get loud and when the lid is opened, it displayed a BSOD and shows the stop code: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE. How to resolve this problem?...
  7. BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE: My Dell Latitude 3410 crashed while the lid is closed and the fans started to get loud and when the lid is opened, it displayed a BSOD and shows the stop code: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE. How to resolve this problem?...
  8. BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

9. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE leading to BSOD. I have Asus G14 laptop R7 4800HS + nvidia 1650

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE leading to BSOD. I have Asus G14 laptop R7 4800HS + nvidia 1650: This is the dump file: -DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9fA driver has failed to complete a power IRP within a specific time.Arguments:Arg1: 0000000000000004, The power transition timed out waiting to synchronize with the Pnp subsystem.Arg2: 000000000000012c, Timeout in...
  10. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE leading to BSOD. I have Asus G14 laptop R7 4800HS + nvidia 1650

DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE leading to BSOD. I have Asus G14 laptop R7 4800HS + nvidia 1650: This is the dump file: -DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9fA driver has failed to complete a power IRP within a specific time.Arguments:Arg1: 0000000000000004, The power transition timed out waiting to synchronize with the Pnp subsystem.Arg2: 000000000000012c, Timeout in...