Windows 10: BSOD due to ntfs.sys

Discus and support BSOD due to ntfs.sys in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Got a BSOD here is the Crash Log On Wed 5/3/2017 11:12:37 PM GMT your computer crashed crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\050317-22406-01.dmp... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Redbatman, May 3, 2017.

1. Redbatman Win User

BSOD due to ntfs.sys

Got a BSOD here is the Crash Log

On Wed 5/3/2017 11:12:37 PM GMT your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\050317-22406-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntfs.sys (0xFFFFF807818D44F2)
    Bugcheck code: 0x50 (0xFFFFE78A37886F6C, 0x0, 0xFFFFF807818D44F2, 0x2)
    Error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
    file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\ntfs.sys
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: NT File System Driver
    Bug check description: This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced.
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
    The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

On Wed 5/3/2017 11:12:37 PM GMT your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\memory.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntfs.sys (NTFS+0xC44F2)
    Bugcheck code: 0x50 (0xFFFFE78A37886F6C, 0x0, 0xFFFFF807818D44F2, 0x2)
    Error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
    file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\ntfs.sys
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: NT File System Driver
    Bug check description: This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced.
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
    The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

Any tips how to fix or should I ignore it?

:)

Redbatman, May 3, 2017

2. BSOD's on 4 week old install of Win10

Just got a new BSOD this morning on bootup.

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (NTFS.SYS)

Aaronthooo, May 3, 2017
  3. Idear..zZ Win User
    BSOD in Win10 SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

Every day the first time I turn on my computer, I will get a BSOD with SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (NTFS.SYS). The system will reboot when this BSOD happens, and then it will have a successful boot.

This happens only once in each day. Sometimes the file is NTFS.SYS, sometimes it's another file.

I have uploaded the MINIDMP file and msinfo32.nfo file to my Onedrive. Hope it can help.

Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

Idear..zZ, May 3, 2017
  4. Redbatman Win User

BSOD due to ntfs.sys

Okay so apparently it was caused by edrsensor.sys. What is that?

Which I have now found its a driver in Bitdefender Free Edition. So uh should I leave it as is or change antivirus?

Which this file is also in System 32 driver. Hmm any ideas?

Redbatman, May 3, 2017
  5. philc43 Win User
    Without uploading the log files as instructed to do in this section then we can't carry out a crash analysis. However, you seem to have identified the cause so completely remove Bitdefender and see if it fixes the problem. You can use Windows Defender for now.

philc43, May 3, 2017
  6. zbook New Member
    zbook, May 3, 2017
  7. Redbatman Win User
    I used Blue screen view to find the problem, would you like me to still upload log file, though I forget how.

Also I may give Bitdefender one more chance, since chances are it may have been Windows 10 being well Windows 10.

Redbatman, May 3, 2017
  8. philc43 Win User

BSOD due to ntfs.sys

For completeness and in case there are other factors follow the BSOD Posting Instructions.

philc43, May 3, 2017
  9. Redbatman Win User
    Alright I'll do that once I get off work.

Though I have to ask, what's the favorite free antivirus around here. I won't use Norton, or Avira since they have given me BSOD's in the past. I won't use Avast since it blocked Windows updates on my gaming laptop. I was thinking about going back to AVG but users are saying it's basically bloatware now, so no to that either.

So any good recommendations? In case I need to switch.

Redbatman, May 3, 2017
  10. Redbatman Win User
    Here they are, I also imculded some pictures from Blue Screen View as well as one from the internet.

Redbatman, May 3, 2017
  11. Redbatman Win User
    In case you missed it.

Redbatman, May 3, 2017
  12. Ztruker Win User
    I use Windows Defender that comes with Windows 10 along with Malwarebytes Anti-malware Premium.

The dump indicates a problem with edrsensor.sys as you mentioned. Since you've uninstalled BitDefe3nder, wait and see if the problem is resolved or not.

Ztruker, May 4, 2017
  13. Redbatman Win User

BSOD due to ntfs.sys

I haven't uninstalled Bitdefender Free yet, I'm giving it one more chance. If it does it again then goodbye Bitdefender.

Redbatman, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

BSOD due to ntfs.sys

1. BSOD due to ntfs.sys - Similar Threads - BSOD due ntfs

2. USB Tether BSOD due to USB80236.SYS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Tether BSOD due to USB80236.SYS: I have a third gen. Lenovo Carbon X1. Up until this summer, it was running with the original Windows 10 installation from when I purhased it 2015-2016 timeframe. Last year one of the hinges broke and the wireless signal strength degraded from a broken antenna wire routed...
  3. USB Tether BSOD due to USB80236.SYS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Tether BSOD due to USB80236.SYS: I have a third gen. Lenovo Carbon X1. Up until this summer, it was running with the original Windows 10 installation from when I purhased it 2015-2016 timeframe. Last year one of the hinges broke and the wireless signal strength degraded from a broken antenna wire routed...
  4. USB Tether BSOD due to USB80236.SYS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Repeated crashes due to Netwtw06.sys failure

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Repeated crashes due to Netwtw06.sys failure: Split from this thread. Hello my name is romeo i have problem with my asus desktop it keeps crashing every 10-15 minutes when u turn it on and its show like this in the pucture what should i do please can you help me[IMG]...
  6. Repeated crashes due to Netwtw06.sys failure

Repeated crashes due to Netwtw06.sys failure: Split from this thread. hi, i just started having this issue yesterday after i got a new modem on tuesday and put in the new password for modem/ router... ATaT device... followed the stems on the forum gladly the blue screen has the error indicated... any way i seem to...
  7. Ntfs file sys error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ntfs file sys error: I got a ntfs file sys error i tried every method online and nothing fixes it i cant even boot into safe mode can someone help me pls submitted by /u/gurso21 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ef60jw/ntfs_file_sys_error/
  8. Repeated crashes due to Netwtw06.sys failure

Repeated crashes due to Netwtw06.sys failure: Split from this thread. Same problem. Have had Tech people check hardware and replace Windows 10 and update Windows 10 with November updates, but all have failed....
  9. Repeated crashes due to Netwtw06.sys failure

Repeated crashes due to Netwtw06.sys failure: My ASUS laptop downloaded and installed the latest Windows 10 updates (on August 31) after which my laptop crashes within 5-10 minutes of use. The stop code error message I get is PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA. What failed: Netwtw06.sys. I collected my system information and...
  10. BSODs Due to Qcamain10x65.sys Error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSODs Due to Qcamain10x65.sys Error: Hi, A week ago I posted a question regarding a similar problem. For a while, I was getting the driver_irql_not_less_or_equal error. After looking at the minidump files, I was told to update my Qualcomm Atheros Network card device driver. I tried this solution, but I started...
Tags: