Windows 10: BSOD during games and/or idle

Discus and support BSOD during games and/or idle in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I'm a long time lurker of this website and forum, and I am in need of some help. I recently built a new system in February and it has been a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Cajungeek, Aug 24, 2017.

1. Cajungeek Win User

BSOD during games and/or idle

Hello,
    I'm a long time lurker of this website and forum, and I am in need of some help. I recently built a new system in February and it has been a beast for gaming. However, recently I have had some BSODs that have caused a few problems. I immediately started updating drivers and tried to pinpoint the problem. Today alone, I had two BSODs and all I was doing was downloading a new game.

I followed the instructions and provided the requested attachment. Please provide me some guidance on what to do next.

:)

Cajungeek, Aug 24, 2017

2. Blue screen error in Windows 10

Hello, I've uninstalled the gpu driver and let my PC idle for the entire day i was at sch

it had 2 bsods (evident from the dump files) during then

So it isnt because of the gpu driver

chooxingyu, Aug 24, 2017
  3. Windows 10 Pro 64bit BSOD problem DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (wdf01000.sys)

UPDATE:

I ran SFC thee times and DISM once (each) and I still encountered three BSODs after. I did not turn off Norton 360 because I'm still trying to figure out how to turn it off and turn windows defender
    on...also, windows doesn't exactly have a stellar reputation in terms of protection...so I'm a bit apprehensive.

Oh, I'm not sure if this is helpful, but I only ever get the BSODs when I surf or idle. It has never happened during gaming sessions.

EDIT: I relented and uninstalled Norton 360, and started using Windows Defender. I'll keep you posted if a BSOD happens again.

TimothyMunoz, Aug 24, 2017
  4. Spectrum Win User

It would appear that RfeCo10X64.sys, a driver used for your Killer E2500 network adapter is responsible for the bugchecks. It also makes sense that you were experiencing them more frequently when you taxed your network connection.

I would suggest updating your drivers from their official site: Link

Spectrum, Aug 24, 2017
  5. Cajungeek Win User
    Thank you so much. I've grabbed the latest driver and will test it out over the course of the weekend.

Cajungeek, Aug 24, 2017
  6. Cajungeek Win User
    Zbook,

Replying back to your points:

1) Concerning the NVidia driver issues, I took care of that back in June when discovered that the driver was causing problems.
    2) Drive corruption and Hard Drive Block: Unless that data is within the past month, I believe I took care of that problem. If not, I'll work on that.
    3) Killer network driver: Removed, and installed latest and greatest. Will test over the weekend.

Cajungeek, Aug 25, 2017
  7. zbook New Member
    if you have already reinstalled the Nvidia driver after 6/15/2017 you do not need to reinstall the driver as bsod has not recurred.
    For the drive corruption it is best to have a fresh chkdsk /x /f /r as this can be run overnight.
    The drive SMART test is important as you need to visualize the integrity of the drive. This will indicate whether or not you need to make extra steps to backup the files.

For the HD (not ssd) also run Sea tools for windows on your drive using SMART, short and long generic tests:

How to use SeaTools for Windows
    http://www.seagate.com/support/downl...ls-win-master/
    How to use SeaTools for Windows
    http://www.seagate.com/support/downloads/seatools/

zbook, Aug 25, 2017
  8. Cajungeek Win User

Sorry for the late reply. Here is the event log:

Code: Checking file system on C: The type of the file system is NTFS. A disk check has been scheduled. Windows will now check the disk. Stage 1: Examining basic file system structure ... 398848 file records processed. File verification completed. 10425 large file records processed. 0 bad file records processed. Stage 2: Examining file name linkage ... 499786 index entries processed. Index verification completed. 0 unindexed files scanned. 0 unindexed files recovered to lost and found. Stage 3: Examining security descriptors ... Cleaning up 3045 unused index entries from index $SII of file 0x9. Cleaning up 3045 unused index entries from index $SDH of file 0x9. Cleaning up 3045 unused security descriptors. CHKDSK is compacting the security descriptor streamSecurity descriptor verification completed. 50470 data files processed. CHKDSK is verifying Usn Journal... 41764032 USN bytes processed. Usn Journal verification completed. Stage 4: Looking for bad clusters in user file data ... 398832 files processed. File data verification completed. Stage 5: Looking for bad, free clusters ... 25558634 free clusters processed. Free space verification is complete. Correcting errors in the Volume Bitmap. Windows has made corrections to the file system. No further action is required. 233849855 KB total disk space. 130944664 KB in 256467 files. 154396 KB in 50473 indexes. 0 KB in bad sectors. 516255 KB in use by the system. 65536 KB occupied by the log file. 102234540 KB available on disk. 4096 bytes in each allocation unit. 58462463 total allocation units on disk. 25558635 allocation units available on disk. Internal Info: 00 16 06 00 86 ae 04 00 8e 72 08 00 00 00 00 00 .........r...... de 02 00 00 e7 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ................ Windows has finished checking your disk. Please wait while your computer restarts.[/quote]

Cajungeek, Aug 27, 2017
  9. Spectrum Win User
    Are you still experiencing bugchecks? If so, upload a new set of logs.

Spectrum, Aug 27, 2017
  10. Cajungeek Win User
    I haven't experienced one yet and I put my computer through some heavy network traffic in order to try and force something to happen.

So far, so good

Cajungeek, Aug 27, 2017
  11. zbook New Member
    When available please post images of the HD tune studies.
    And indicate the steps that you have / have not yet done in post #4.
    Keep us updated on your progress.

zbook, Aug 27, 2017
  12. Cajungeek Win User
    Here are the pictures from the HDTune

Cajungeek, Aug 28, 2017
  13. Cajungeek Win User

I'm going to go ahead and mark this as solved since I have performed stress test after stress test, and have not had anymore BSOD errors related to the RfeCo10X64.sys and hard drives are showing no further errors.

Cajungeek, Sep 4, 2017
  14. zbook New Member
    Great. Let us know if you need any help in the future.

zbook, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD during games and/or idle - Similar Threads - BSOD during games

2. BSOD during playing a game

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD during playing a game: Hello, could you please help me with a problem: yesterday I got BSOD while playing a video game.The error code was 124, WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. My PC specs: AMD Ryzen 3600, 16 GB DDR4, Radeon 6700XT, PSU 600W. XMP disabled, no overclocking, all standard bios settings. This...
  3. BSOD during playing a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD during playing a game: Hello, could you please help me with a problem: yesterday I got BSOD while playing a video game.The error code was 124, WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. My PC specs: AMD Ryzen 3600, 16 GB DDR4, Radeon 6700XT, PSU 600W. XMP disabled, no overclocking, all standard bios settings. This...
  4. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR BSOD DURING GAME

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR BSOD DURING GAME: Playing everything at high, not even at ultra, ray tracing active, after a few minutes, in the heaviest games, the BSOD described in the title of the question occurs. For now, only during game. I'll be forwarding the BSOD files soon.COMPONENTS:GIGABYTE B550 AORUS Elite V2AMD...
  5. BSOD crash issues on idle and gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD crash issues on idle and gaming: OS Microsoft windows 10 homeVersion: 10.0.19045 build 19045Motherboard: B550 AORUS PRO AC gigabyteProcessor: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6 core, 3600 mhz, 6 coregraphics card Nvidia 3600 TI RAM 16 GigKeep crashing on idle/while gaming only certain games. PC is 2 years old. I'm worried...
  6. BSOD crash issues on idle and gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD crash issues on idle and gaming: OS Microsoft windows 10 homeVersion: 10.0.19045 build 19045Motherboard: B550 AORUS PRO AC gigabyteProcessor: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6 core, 3600 mhz, 6 coregraphics card Nvidia 3600 TI RAM 16 GigKeep crashing on idle/while gaming only certain games. PC is 2 years old. I'm worried...
  7. BSOD crash issues on idle and gaming

8. BSOD during gaming/streaming

BSOD during gaming/streaming: I had a couple of bsod a few weeks ago after a windows update both while streaming a game Dark Souls III and while just playing without streaming Dark Souls Remastered. Based on the error code, I uninstalled my gpu drivers and installed the newest available and that seemed to...
  9. BSOD during gaming

BSOD during gaming: Hi, so I have been experiencing blue screens during any form of intensive gaming e.g. Battlefield, Assassin's Creed Odyssey. I assumed it was a memory related issue, I have replaced the kit of RAM I was using to no success. I have since also replaced my motherboard as it was...
  10. BSOD's while Playing games and Idling

BSOD's while Playing games and Idling: Hi everyone! I recently built a new computer and I was very very excited since I haven't started from scratch for several years. Sadly its been plagued with game crashes and BSODs. Initially I assumed that I had installed the drivers incorrectly and that was the source of...