Windows 10: BSOD during gaming and sometimes when watching Netflix/Browsing

Discus and support BSOD during gaming and sometimes when watching Netflix/Browsing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi I'm new here. I was hoping someone could help diagnose my BSOD issues. I upgraded my video card to a MSI Radeon R9 390 recently. But my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by kaiz0r, Jan 22, 2016.

1. kaiz0r Win User

BSOD during gaming and sometimes when watching Netflix/Browsing

Hi

I'm new here. I was hoping someone could help diagnose my BSOD issues.

I upgraded my video card to a MSI Radeon R9 390 recently. But my Motherboard is a Gigabyte Model: GA-870A-UD3.
    It is running on PCI-e 2.0 rather than 3.0 but I don't know how to verify that this is what is causing the BSOD.

I am also running two types of RAM in my computer:
    Corsair 2x 2GB RAM
    Kingston 2x 8GB 1600 MT/s (PC3-12800) CL11

I have a Corsair HX650 as a powersupply. I would've thought that this PSU is sufficient for the hardware that I'm running.

I play games such as GTA V, Starcraft II, Counter Strike: GO and it crashes at random times - sometimes even in the menu screen.

Look forward to hearing back form you and telling me what type of tests I can do to try and find the root cause.

Thank you all in advance!

Zip file using the DW app: Attachment 60172

:)

kaiz0r, Jan 22, 2016

2. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Windows 10 stop code 0x0000000A

I have also noticed it will BSOD when I use Itunes sometimes. Sometimes when I use Youtube and Chrome at the same time. When we use Netflix and chrome sometimes it BSOD. Once in awhile when I restart it it will automatically BSOD.

LDSmishbell, Jan 22, 2016
  3. Windows 10, Kernel security check failure.

I started to get BSOD - Kernel security check failure, after installing new cpu and ram, it often occurs when I am on youtube or netflix, sometimes randomly, not when Im gaming.

What might cause this, i suspect the new hardware. Help please!

Vhuhtamaki, Jan 22, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi kaiz0r,

Welcome to the 10forums.

The dump is inconclusive.
    Code: Probably caused by : Unknown_Image ( ANALYSIS_INCONCLUSIVE )[/quote] I would like some more information about your hardware.
    Please run CPU-Z | Softwares | CPUID, open it and make screenshots of the following tabs

• CPU
    • Mainboard
    • Memory
    • SPD*
    • Graphics
    *SPD shows the details of each module, you can show the details by choosing different slots in the left upper corner.
    Please make screenshots of each module.

Please post each screenshot in your next reply/replies.

5. kaiz0r Win User
    Thanks for your help in reviewing this. I've posted the CPU ID screenshots as per your request.

I also ran Memtest for 4 passes and found 2 errors in the RAM. Could this be the cause of the BSOD's?

Look forward to hearing back!

kaiz0r, Jan 23, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    I was already afraid of it, but I needed confirmation because I couldn't find the specs.
    Your Crucial memory sticks run on a higher frequency then your Corsair memory sticks.
    A reason why it is not smart to run sticks that are not of the same model and make is that if 1 is higher in specs (e.g. frequency, voltage) it then decreases to the same frequency and voltage as the lowest what causes problems, because the memory sticks will perform below its specs and might not get enough power. The system can't run at 2 different frequencies and voltages at the same time and the modules with the lowest specs can't increase the frequency and voltage, this makes that the modules with the highest specs need to decrease in order to have the same frequency and voltage.

Please remove 1 of the 2 models and test your memory again for 8 complete passes straight.

7. kaiz0r Win User
    Thanks! I've run through 4 passes and there have been no errors ever since I removed my old Corsair RAM.

Hopefully this fixes the BSOD issues I've been having. I'll reply to this thread again if it happens again.

kaiz0r, Jan 24, 2016
  8. axe0 New Member

Please watch it for some time and mark this thread as solved if you are convinced it is solved.
    When you have marked this thread solved and are after some time receiving another bluescreen please create a new thread.

9. kaiz0r Win User
    Sounds good. I'll mark it as solved in one week if I don't experience another BSOD. Thanks again!

kaiz0r, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD during gaming and sometimes when watching Netflix/Browsing - Similar Threads - BSOD during gaming

2. BSOD while watching Netflix

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD while watching Netflix: Hi, my computer just went BSOD while i was watching Netflix with the App installaed from microsoft store.and there is nothing more running on my computeranyone can tell me what was wrong?hardware:CPU; Ryzen 7 3700XRAM: 32GBGPU: Nvidia 2070Scurrently running Windows 10 Home...
  3. BSOD while watching Netflix

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD while watching Netflix: Hi, my computer just went BSOD while i was watching Netflix with the App installaed from microsoft store.and there is nothing more running on my computeranyone can tell me what was wrong?hardware:CPU; Ryzen 7 3700XRAM: 32GBGPU: Nvidia 2070Scurrently running Windows 10 Home...
  4. BSOD while watching Netflix

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Computer crashes at random intervals. Sometimes when gaming, other times during browsing.

Computer crashes at random intervals. Sometimes when gaming, other times during browsing.: Hello. I have had this recurring issue with the computer I bought which was custom built. The Issue is as follows: Whether I'm gaming or just browsing the internet, the screen goes completely black and unresponsive Not even Ctrl +Alt + Del works The system stays between...
  6. BSOD during games or internet browsing.

BSOD during games or internet browsing.: Hey, I have been getting some random BSOD for the last 5 days and have failed to fix it. These are the errors I have been getting. - system_service_exception (netio.sys) - system_service_exception - faulty_hardware_corrupted_page - memory_management The last 3 ones were...
  7. BSOD while gaming or sometimes browsing bugcheck 0x8000200000000002

BSOD while gaming or sometimes browsing bugcheck 0x8000200000000002: So while gaming and browsing my computer will just randomly shut off for no real apparent reason but i am receiving a bugcheck code of 0, i posted the files below that they told me to so please help. Update: While looking through the even files i found that most of the...
  8. BSOD while playing games, browsing internet, watching videos

BSOD while playing games, browsing internet, watching videos: Hello and thank you so much in advance for any help you can give me. For the past month or so I've been getting more and more BSODs with different error messages each time. They mainly occur when I'm playing games (Starcraft 2, Battlefield 1, Infinite Warfare), browsing the...
  9. BSOD playing games, or sometimes when watching videos.

BSOD playing games, or sometimes when watching videos.: Hey all. I've been getting bsod's mainly when I am playing League of Legends, or any other game really. It's been ongoing for about 2 months now. These past couple weeks have been very bad, happening every day. It's inconsistent as well, I could play for hours and nothing...
  10. BSOD randomly when playing, browsing or watching videos

BSOD randomly when playing, browsing or watching videos: I have reached my limits trying to find the cause of this on my own, please help. My desktop PC bluescreens randomly when I use it, sometimes multiple times per day, sometimes not for several days. The usual BSOD error code is IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. I have ran a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. blue screen during gaming and netflix