Windows 10: BSOD During general use

Discus and support BSOD During general use in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; While doing normal browsing in chrome and operating windows applications such as explorer I get BSOD. I was also getting frequent issues when playing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Racorac, Oct 13, 2016.

1. Racorac Win User

BSOD During general use

While doing normal browsing in chrome and operating windows applications such as explorer I get BSOD.
    I was also getting frequent issues when playing CS:GO although they seems to have been improved after reinstalling nVidia drivers after using display driver uninstaller.

:)

Racorac, Oct 13, 2016
  2. Paull13 Win User

BSOD SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED (ndis.sys)

Hello. For some reason windows don't generate new dmps if BSOD occurs during the update. And I get dmps if BSOD occurs any other way.

Anyway I solved the problem by testing drivers using verifier. It was uEye camera driver causing the problem and since it's a gigabit camera it was using network drivers to communicate therefore ndis.sys was a thing that failed.

Thanks for reviewing my drivers and suggesting the updates.

Best regards

Paull13, Oct 13, 2016
  3. STOP CODE: IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL

To know what exactly is causing the BSOD, I need to analyze minidumps generated by BSOD.

Go to C:\Windows\Minidump

Zip the contents of the folder corresponding to date and time of your BSOD

Upload the content to Onedrive or any other file sharing site for me to locate the problem

If you need help to generate Minidump -
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki...

E for Excel, Oct 13, 2016
  4. Racorac Win User

BSOD During general use

I was in a boot loop and it wouldn't boot until I played around with different RAM sticks until removing one of them let it boot again. but it's still unstable.
    Most often the code is:
    UNEXPECTED STORE EXCEPTION

The behavior reminded me a little of when my old SSD died so I've moved the SSDs to a different sata controller on the MB in case those are giving up the ghost (I already have one SATA controller gone on the MB). So now I'm on the third separate SATA controller (3GB/s only).

Racorac, Oct 13, 2016
  5. axe0 New Member
    Hi Racorac,

Do you still need help?

6. Racorac Win User
    Hi Axe, yes please.
    I had another system hang yesterday. Complete system unresponsiveness.
    Several times I've had it where everything freezes but the mouse. Also I can still talk on Discord via voice activation.
    I did a CPU test and GPU test using the guides here, both passed. Just haven't got around to doing a full memory test.

Sometimes I start my PC and there isn't any integrated NIC

Racorac, Oct 16, 2016
  7. axe0 New Member
    Please remove below memory stick, running mixed memory may cause various of problems that can be difficult to diagnose properly. Please know that it does not matter if your running this setup for a long period.
    Code: [Memory Device (Type 17) - Length 28 - Handle 002dh] Physical Memory Array Handle 0024h Memory Error Info Handle [No Errors] Total Width 64 bits Data Width 64 bits Size 4096MB Form Factor 09h - DIMM Device Set [None] Device Locator DIMM2 Bank Locator BANK2 Memory Type 18h - Specification Reserved Type Detail 0080h - Synchronous Speed 1333MHz Manufacturer Corsair Serial Number Asset Tag Number Part Number CMZ4GX3M1A1600C9 [/quote]

BSOD During general use [​IMG]
    Diagnostics Test
    BSOD During general use [​IMG]
    HDD TEST
    *Arrow Check Disk (chkdsk) - Read Event Viewer Log - Windows 7 Help Forums

8. Racorac Win User

BSOD During general use

Racorac, Oct 16, 2016
  9. axe0 New Member
    Please run chkdsk like requested

10. Racorac Win User
    sorry, I did so now:
    Attachment 106493
    It appeared to freeze at 16%, then the PC rebooted and it jumped to 100% when it showed again during boot.

Racorac, Oct 17, 2016
  11. axe0 New Member
    That is normal behaviour from chkdsk, I suspect that is due to the stages.
    The first 3/4 stages go fairly fast, because they are relatively small. The last stage is checking the free space for bad clusters, the free space is usually the largest part and as such chkdsk doesn't update the progress for an extensive period compared to the others.

12. Racorac Win User
    Do you have any other tests I should carry out?
    I've not had any issues recently, but I will try putting both sticks of ram back in and run a memory test on all the modules to see if I can confirm if any of those I've taken out are faulty.

Racorac, Oct 18, 2016
  13. axe0 New Member

BSOD During general use

Not until I have reasons to suggest them.

FYI, I'm not talking about a possible faulty RAM stick, it's about spec mismatches. Different RAM models run on different specs, when a stick runs on specs that it doesn't support it causes problems where it doesn't matter if it is or is not faulty.

14. Racorac Win User
    Ok these are the ram sticks I have. I tried to buy the second lot as lose to the current ones I had. I thought they would work ok together.
    Now I only have the top row plugged in as they were bought as a paired set. I'll see how I go. They have been ok together for 9 months until now if this is the case. If the bad pairing was to be the problem, what would you suggest I do for (re)expanding the memory?
    Attachment 106667

Racorac, Oct 18, 2016
  15. axe0 New Member
    When you want to add memory, you should replace the current memory and get a larger kit.

Thema:

BSOD During general use

1. BSOD During general use - Similar Threads - BSOD During general

2. Encountering Random BSODs During General Use, system scans sfc /scannow and DISM , Gaming,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Encountering Random BSODs During General Use, system scans sfc /scannow and DISM , Gaming,...: WARNING; you might get a headache.Hello, I recently upgraded my CPU from an i7 12700K to an i9 14900KF and had to perform a clean install of Windows 11 due to boot issues. However, I'm now facing multiple recurring problems with my PC, including random BSODs, problems with...
  3. Encountering Random BSODs During General Use, system scans sfc /scannow and DISM , Gaming,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Encountering Random BSODs During General Use, system scans sfc /scannow and DISM , Gaming,...: WARNING; you might get a headache.Hello, I recently upgraded my CPU from an i7 12700K to an i9 14900KF and had to perform a clean install of Windows 11 due to boot issues. However, I'm now facing multiple recurring problems with my PC, including random BSODs, problems with...
  4. Random BSOD - through gaming and general use

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random BSOD - through gaming and general use: Can someone help me figure out what hardware is causing the problem? Computer was fine when I had a 5600x in it. Upgraded the 5800x and cleared CMOS before installation and BSOD started happening. Tried reseating the ram, M.2, all power cables, and GPU. Also, reinstalled...
  5. System Service Exception BSOD happens during general use + gaming

System Service Exception BSOD happens during general use + gaming: A friend's PC has been bluescreening with SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION for a while now, specs below: Windows ver. 1909 i7 770K GTX1060 6GB 16GB RAM and attached are all the logs we could collect, including V2 log collector. These BSODs are happening after a clean fresh Windows...
  6. Consistent BSOD's occuring during general use.

Consistent BSOD's occuring during general use.: Hi All, Recently I have been experiencing regular BSOD's, There isnt anything specific I am doing when this happens, Mostly playing games ( Destiny 2 ) downloading files/updates, or just leaving the pc locked. I have tried the following: Reinstalled windows 10 , Upgraded...
  7. BSOD General Use, MEMORY_MANAGEMENT

BSOD General Use, MEMORY_MANAGEMENT: Hi all! I have been combating a BSOD issue for a couple months now. It started a couple of months after I upgraded my system with a new CPU, Motherboard, And RAM. The codes ranged from MEMORY_MANAGEMENT, to page file stuff, to NFTS file system a couple times... I have...
  8. BSODs during general use, numerous error codes

BSODs during general use, numerous error codes: Been randomly getting BSODs on Windows 10 for a while, and I haven't been able to determine the source, mainly because I've been getting such a range of different stop codes. My PC will also occasionally restart itself or completely freeze. I'm assuming these are related...
  9. BSOD in general use

BSOD in general use: Hi, new PC build here, yet have had a few crashes (6). First one at the start of the month was a KMODE EXCEPTION which was likely due to not enough vcore on my overclock, but since then it has been DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS EQUAL, seemingly by NETIO.SYS or ntoskrnl.exe. 77194
  10. BSOD During General Use

BSOD During General Use: Hello, I'd like to have some assistance regarding my BSOD problems. They occur during general use like web browsing, file management, and at any time really. If any information is required, please inform me. Here is a zip of what I was told to upload. Attachment 53162 33492