Windows 10: BSOD during hdmi connection laptop to tv after a while

Discus and support BSOD during hdmi connection laptop to tv after a while in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey guys, just got this new laptop. Considering returning it since I have the following issue. When I plug in the laptop to the tv, I can watch... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by haderach8, Feb 15, 2017.

1. haderach8 Win User

BSOD during hdmi connection laptop to tv after a while

Hey guys, just got this new laptop. Considering returning it since I have the following issue.

When I plug in the laptop to the tv, I can watch things just fine but after a little while everything freezes and then I get the BSOD.

The computer has a Radeon graphic card and an AMD a9 processor. ( I can give the exact graphic card name if needed).
    So is the computer just defective ?

Edit: I read online that it might be windows 10 creating this issue. Apparently this one guy fixed the issue by rolling back from windows 10 to windows 8.1
    Still don't think I should go through all this trouble for a laptop I just purchased that would be last solution

Thanks guys

Sincerely

:)

haderach8, Feb 15, 2017

2. laptop to tv via HDMI

Is there a way to connect a laptop to tv with HDMI, and have black screen on my laptop while I watch and work on tv screen so I can save battery?

JureSkific, Feb 15, 2017
  3. HDMI output failure after installation of Windows 10

Hi,

Left me clarify,

Before W10 installing, I used Win8.1 and connected my laptop to tv & computer monitor through HDMI cable. It really worked well.

After W10, Same laptop, same tv, same computer monitor .. EVERYTHING IS SAME including the HDMI cable. But there is no signal through HDMI cable.

Checked the Same tv, computer monitor connected to another laptop running in Windows 7 using same HDMI cable. Work perfectly.

Do you still want me to check the TV manual/computer monitor blah blah!!!!

Thanks

HariPrasadraj, Feb 15, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

Hello and welcome to TenForums *Smile

Before doing anything else I would try updating your Windows 10 to the latest version (1607). It maybe that this will be enough to sort out the problem. You can do this via Windows update or if it does not appear there you can get to the Windows 10 Anniversary Update by clicking “Learn more” just below the “Looking for info on the latest updates?

philc43, Feb 15, 2017
Thema:

1. BSOD during hdmi connection laptop to tv after a while - Similar Threads - BSOD during hdmi

2. Hdmi - laptop - tv

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Hdmi - laptop - tv: Hi I recently installed win10 64 on my old Dell laptop. Ram:4gb, Intel core i3 cpu m330, 2,13ghz Graphic: Intel HD graphics I have a problem with connecting my laptop to tv using hdmi cable. First of all: it works if the tv is turned on first then laptop. If I try to do it...
  3. Hdmi - laptop - tv

in Windows 10 Support
    Hdmi - laptop - tv: Hi I recently installed win10 64 on my old Dell laptop. Ram:4gb, Intel core i3 cpu m330, 2,13ghz Graphic: Intel HD graphics I have a problem with connecting my laptop to tv using hdmi cable. First of all: it works if the tv is turned on first then laptop. If I try to do it...
  4. laptop not connecting to tv via hdmi after update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    laptop not connecting to tv via hdmi after update: it connects sometimes but when i start a movie it disconects https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-not-connecting-to-tv-via-hdmi-after-update/e2ed1534-e6e1-416f-ae75-3de35ab92050
  5. help to connect my laptop to HDMI tv

help to connect my laptop to HDMI tv: want to know how to do this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-to-connect-my-laptop-to-hdmi-tv/f301234a-47b0-410e-8db7-b232fbd30d18
  6. connecting a TV with HDMI cable to hp laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    connecting a TV with HDMI cable to hp laptop: Every time I try to connect my dual boot HP Pavilion laptop running Windows 10 N Version 1809 to my Vizio E420i-B0 TV my laptop crashes. When I make the hdmi connection via Linux Lite 3.6 the TV connects without a problem. Is it the N 10 1809 version of Windows that's the...
  7. Unable to connect laptop to TV using HDMI

Unable to connect laptop to TV using HDMI: Unable to connect laptop to TV using HDMI to windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/unable-to-connect-laptop-to-tv-using-hdmi/b058f875-da8e-4e32-8fe8-fd0a80e6e6d4
  8. Laptop cannot connect Samsung TV with HDMI

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop cannot connect Samsung TV with HDMI: I have DELL laptop Vostro 5000 series. After windows 10 update (April 2018), my laptop cannot connect my Samsung TV with HDMI cable. when i roll back update, everything goes well. 1) cable is Ok. 2) my drivers are installed and all update. 3) I tried to change resolution...
  9. hdmi connection from laptop to tv screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    hdmi connection from laptop to tv screen: I was using hdmi cable to connect laptop screen to a tv screen. It was working well for a couple of days and 1 day it suddenly stopped. i tried to removing and reconnecting and it is still not working. Can any one please help....
  10. Laptop not recognizing TV through HDMI connection

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop not recognizing TV through HDMI connection: Hello everyone! First I do apologize if this is not the correct section for this thread. I've had issues connecting my laptop to TV for the past day. Connection is done through an HDMI cable. Connection was good up until it randomly turned off itself while playing a...