Windows 10: BSOD During Installation of Programs

Discus and support BSOD During Installation of Programs in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I started receiving BSOD's and crashes a week ago on computer wake up and bootup so I decided to update my drivers using IOBIT Driver Booster.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Bigmcmac, Feb 20, 2016.

1. Bigmcmac Win User

BSOD During Installation of Programs

So I started receiving BSOD's and crashes a week ago on computer wake up and bootup so I decided to update my drivers using IOBIT Driver Booster. However during the installation of the various drivers, I got a BSOD and when I restarted my synaptics trackpad no longer worked. I tried System restore, but each time it said it was unable to perform the operation. Following this I used Window's 10's 'Reset this PC' which basically uninstalled everything while leaving my docs and files untouched.

As I was reinstalling everything, I started getting BSOD's everywhere. (Gotten 4 today I think). Each time was during the installation of a program. And I think each time in the BSOD screen it had something to do with 'bcmpiedhd63.sys'. (I couldn't find anything online about this).

This is a relatively new PC, Dell XPS 15 9550, I7-6700HQ, GTX960M, 16GB Ram, 512 SSD.

So far, I've run Dell's system diagnostic on the hardware and it has found nothing. I've also done Malwarebytes and Hitman Pro scans and it has also been negative.

Your's Sincerely

:)

Bigmcmac, Feb 20, 2016

2. BSOD when installing VirtualBox

I'm getting BSOD with "Kerner_Security_Check_Failure" message showing up when installing VirtualBox 5.0.14 from Oracle.

Mini dump files: Sendspace.com Mobile File

There are 2 dump files in the .zip. Both are made during the installation of the program separately (as I've tried the installation again after reboot). Technically they should be the same.

thestefaneli, Feb 20, 2016
  3. I had a BSOD error in my computer system.

Thanks, XP ROCKS -- CyberLink either came pre-installed or a visiting family member installed it! I've never used it, so it's been uninstalled. If folks don't hear from me again on this thread, it will hopefully be because I've had no more BSODs.

Strange that the "Installed on" date for CyberLink was 6 Aug 2016 for this program and for several others that were actually installed many months or years ago. Could those dates have somehow been updated during the process of troubleshooting the BSOD problems?

Lindsay Graham, Feb 20, 2016
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

A few of the dumps are pointing to Dell Wireless 1830 802.11ac.
    Code: BugCheck 50, {ffffe000a219c000, 2, fffff80060400bc0, 0} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for bcmpciedhd63.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for bcmpciedhd63.sys Could not read faulting driver name Probably caused by : bcmpciedhd63.sys ( bcmpciedhd63+b0bc0 ) Followup: MachineOwner ---------[/quote] Code: BugCheck C2, {7, 126c, 0, ffffe0007f7a1960} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for bcmpciedhd63.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for bcmpciedhd63.sys fffff8035dffe520: Unable to get MiVisibleState Probably caused by : nwifi.sys ( nwifi!Dot11FreeMdlAndMemForNdis6+59 ) Followup: MachineOwner ---------[/quote] Though it seems that there is no update for the driver, still you go to Product Support | Dell US
    , use your service tag, and get all the suggested updates.

And, free up the startup. Dont let so much network services to run in the background all the times.

See how it goes. Let us know.

Thema:

1. BSOD During Installation of Programs - Similar Threads - BSOD During Installation

2. BSOD during Windows Installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD during Windows Installation: I was facing a lot of BSODs so I decided to clean install windows by deleting all data. While it was resetting, after 100% completion it showed an error Windows could not be installed please restart and when it restarted the laptop faces yet another BSOD. So I fixed it using...
  3. BSOD during Windows Installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD during Windows Installation: I was facing a lot of BSODs so I decided to clean install windows by deleting all data. While it was resetting, after 100% completion it showed an error Windows could not be installed please restart and when it restarted the laptop faces yet another BSOD. So I fixed it using...
  4. BSOD during Windows Installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. BSOD during clean install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD during clean install: Hey, I was getting a bunch of BSOD’s and decided to do a clean install of windows using MCT and a usb, everything installed fine until I got to the getting ready screen and then got a System Service Exception BSOD. This issue has been continuous and I have tried every...
  6. BSOD during clean install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD during clean install: Hey, I was getting a bunch of BSOD’s and decided to do a clean install of windows using MCT and a usb, everything installed fine until I got to the getting ready screen and then got a System Service Exception BSOD. This issue has been continuous and I have tried every...
  7. BSOD during clean install

8. BSODs during Install

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSODs during Install: Hi all, https://pcpartpicker.com/user/elprespufferfish/saved/Mc79GX This PC *was* working fine before I went on vacation. After coming back, I was seeing regular BSODs of varying types. I tried reinstalling Windows, and now see BSODs during the installation process itself....
  9. Windows BSOD During Installation

Windows BSOD During Installation: Purchased second hand PC. Turned on, running Windows 7, no issues, contained lots of personal stuff from previous owner. Decided to wipe and install Win 10. Keep getting BSOD error right when Windows installation begins. I'm able to select all the options to the point when...
  10. BSOD during clean install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD during clean install: Quick backstory: Had Windows 10 Pro running since it came out with relatively few problems. I decided it was time for a graphics upgrade so I threw in an EVGA GeForce 1060. Nvidia decided I needed new drivers and it has been all downhill since then. 1) I first got a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bsod during installation of programs