Windows 10: BSOD During regular use - ntoskrnl.exe

Discus and support BSOD During regular use - ntoskrnl.exe in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey guys! Ive tried to figure this one out but i need some help. The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000ef... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by staccado, Jun 30, 2017.

1. staccado Win User

BSOD During regular use - ntoskrnl.exe

Hey guys! Ive tried to figure this one out but i need some help.

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000ef (0xffffb88abdd17800, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 1bf85a5e-c05d-4f56-859c-7b9024b34533.

Caused by Driver: ntoskrnl.exe
    Crash Address: ntoskrnl.exe+14ece0

From what i read, my pc is being thrown into a bsod because ntoskrnl detects that somethings in its memory, or the memory is corrupted, and wants to protect it from further damage. Any way to diagnose further than this? I've updated all my drivers, ran some health checks on my SSD and RAM and they all came back fine.

:)

staccado, Jun 30, 2017
  2. LesHintz Win User

Continuing BSOD issue

OK, I will try that for a while. There has only been one more BSOD in the last two days. Again, occurring while the system was idle (Checked for any scheduled activities during that time - none). Again, it was the same fault ntoskrnl.exe +142940.

LesHintz, Jun 30, 2017
  3. wadeb Win User
    Windows 10 Blue Screening on me. DRIVER_CORRUPTED_EXPOOL

Caused by Driver: ntoskrnl.exe

Caused by Address: ntoskrnl.exe+146440

Above is from my dump file using BlueScreenView. Not sure what driver is causing the BSOD, how can I determine the driver?

wadeb, Jun 30, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

Hello staccado and welcome to TenForums *Smile

Please post up the logfiles as we ask you to do at the top of this page. This helps us by providing the information for analysing the crash.

philc43, Jun 30, 2017
  5. staccado Win User
    Thanks! They should be up now, ADMINRG-GQOR3A1-Sat_07_01_2017__95329_77.zip

staccado, Jun 30, 2017
  6. philc43 Win User
    Looking at your most recent mini-dumps from the crashes shows that the Bitdefender driver atc.sys is a possible cause. To rule this out please uninstall Bit defender anti-virus and use Windows Defender. If you still continue to get BSOD after this then we can look further for other causes.

philc43, Jun 30, 2017
  7. zbook New Member
    Open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste:

1) winver (in the pop up about windows > view your windows version and build > type this information into the thread)

2) sfc /scannow

3) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

When these have completed > right click on the top bar or title bar of the administrative command prompt box > left click on edit then select all > right click on the top bar again > left click on copy > paste into the thread

4) As phil43 posted all of the minidump indicate atc or bitdefender. Please also use this tool to uninstall bitdefender: Uninstall Bitdefender

5) Using administrative command prompt type chkdsk /x /r (this will take many hours so plan to run overnight)
    To find and post the results into the thread please use these links:

Read Chkdsk Log in Event Viewer in Windows 10 Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials
    https://askleo.com/chkdsk_what_is_it...t_ran_on_boot/
    How to find chkdsk results in Windows 10 - Winaero uses 26226 find

6) run one of the SMART tests on your drives:
    CrystalDiskInfo - Software - Crystal Dew World: CrystalDiskMark - Software - Crystal Dew World
    HD Tune: HD Tune website
    Hard Disk Sentinel - HDD health and temperature monitoring: Hard Disk Sentinel - HDD health and temperature monitoring

When the SMART test has completed open the Microsoft snipping tool and make images of the results to post into the thread.

7) Turn off Windows fast startup:
    Turn On or Off Fast Startup in Windows 10 Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials

zbook, Jul 1, 2017
  8. BSOD During regular use - ntoskrnl.exe

BSODHunter, Jul 2, 2017
  9. Ztruker Win User
    Ztruker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD During regular use - ntoskrnl.exe - Similar Threads - BSOD During regular

2. Regular ntoskrnl BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Regular ntoskrnl BSOD: Hey everyone,Recently I have been getting regular BSODs at random, but frequent intervals. This has happened in all sorts of situations watching films, playing games, using word, browsing the internet, just having it running, and I'm running out of ideas how to fix it....
  3. Regular ntoskrnl BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Regular ntoskrnl BSOD: Hey everyone,Recently I have been getting regular BSODs at random, but frequent intervals. This has happened in all sorts of situations watching films, playing games, using word, browsing the internet, just having it running, and I'm running out of ideas how to fix it....
  4. BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe: KUKutter_UKFirstly, I would like to say that I am posting this again because after having an instant reply from an 'Andrew', and posting my dmp files as requested on July 24th I haven't heard anything back since! I have responded a couple of times but nothing is happening to...
  5. BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe

BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe: Hi there, My new machine around 8 months old now runs perfectly most of the time. Uptime 3 - 6 weeks at a time. NO issues at all - I am a heavy PC user: Gaming, Audio Work and some 3D modelling, so my machine goes through its paces.Every now and then on boot, I get the error...
  6. Random BSOD's occuring (During Regular Use)

Random BSOD's occuring (During Regular Use): So, I'm gonna try explaining everything as best I can, in case it helps A few months ago, I ordered a brand new custom PC, only shipped about a month ago. Since then, I've been using it and for the most part it was working fine, a BSOD here and there but nothing too...
  7. BSOD ntoskrnl..exe

BSOD ntoskrnl..exe: My computer has crashed a few times often when i play games. I bought more ram because i thought that it was the issue but it didn't help. It did work a few days but then the crashes came back. After that i fixed the BSOD´s by lowering the graphics and the resolution on the...
  8. BSOD ntoskrnl..exe+1b35e0

BSOD ntoskrnl..exe+1b35e0: Help. Getting 4-5 of these a day. Running latest Windows 10 Pro, Xibo signboard, Docker with Xibo server. Always the same 'Caused By Address'. Put in new memory, ran memory test, no errors, all drivers up to date. Change disk type to AHCA, made sure windows driver was...
  9. BSOD during regular use

BSOD during regular use: I've been getting frequent BSODs when doing normal things like browsing the web in google chrome and not when doing more intensive tasks like playing games. The errors all seemed to reference some memory issues so I ran memtest86+ for 8 passes and got no errors. I also...
  10. Bsod ntoskrnl

Bsod ntoskrnl: Hi guys, Any help would be massively appreciated. My computer is BSOD at least two times a day. As far as I can tell, all drivers are up to date including Nvidia. Could somebody take a look at the attached and let me know if you find anything? I've ran a system check...
Tags: