Windows 10: BSOD during times of inactivity.

Discus and support BSOD during times of inactivity. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi All, New member here hoping someone can help with my persistent BSOD issues. I've been getting BSOD's with my new Lenovo P510 Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KelleySp, Jan 29, 2017.

1. KelleySp Win User

BSOD during times of inactivity.

Hi All,
    New member here hoping someone can help with my persistent BSOD issues.

I've been getting BSOD's with my new Lenovo P510 Windows 10 Workstation. They seem to happen during a time when there's no user activity. I've seen the system restart because of BSOD's minutes after I lock the desktop and sometime hours after I've locked the desktop. I've never seen a BSOD while I was actively using the PC.

The cause reported by BlueScreenView in the past few BSOD's is driver e1d65x64.sys.

I've updated all drivers to the latest available from Lenovo and NVIDIA.
    I did reinstall the Video Drivers using DDU

Any help would be appreciated,

:)

KelleySp, Jan 29, 2017
  2. komali2 Win User

Windows does not install update properly until starting back up

I had to disable the "restart during inactive" feature because of a bug in which it didn't allow me to select inactive hours during which I was actually inactive (the only time for this is between 2am and 7am).

komali2, Jan 29, 2017
  3. Windows 10 times out after 1 minute of inactivity

Hi Heidi,

Please let us know the make and model of your device.

I suggest you to perform the method below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run the Power Troubleshooter

Power troubleshooter find and fix problems with your computer's power settings to conserve power and extent battery life

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the Search bar on the desktop and press “Enter”.
    • In the “Troubleshooting” window, click on “View All” on the left pane.
    • Click on “Power”.
    • Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Run as Administrator”.
    • Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Method 2:

After running the troubleshooter, set up Screen time out settings to required time and check.

Follow the Steps below.

1. Right click Desktop and select Personalization.

2. Click on Lock Screen and select Screen time out settings.

3. You can change to the required time in the drop down under Screen.

I suggest you to download and install the latest Chipset drivers from your computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Please get back to us with of the issue in regards with
    times out after 1 minute of inactivity the results and any other questions you might have regarding Windows operating system. We are happy to assist.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Jan 29, 2017
  4. BSOD during times of inactivity.

Different Codes but most of them are caused by nvlddmkm.sys. If this is the newest driver (yours dated 11.12.2016) there could be problems with temperature too. An defective video card could be the cause too.

Some analysis examples from your dumps:

0x00000133: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION (5.01.2017 02:12:52) [Windows 10]
    CAUSED BY: nvlddmkm.sys [11.12.2016] * nVidia Video drivers

0x1000007E: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M (18.11.2016 00:56:25) [Windows 10]
    CAUSED BY: nvlddmkm.sys [1.08.2016] * nVidia Video drivers

Description: This is a very common bugcheck. Usually the exception address pinpointsthe driver/function that caused the problem.

0x00000116: VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (6.01.2017 17:57:51) [Windows 10]
    CAUSED BY: nvlddmkm.sys [11.12.2016] * nVidia Video drivers

Usual causes: Video driver, overheating, bad video card, ?BIOS, ?Power to card (see Significant Posts section below)

Description:
    A common stability problem in graphics occurs when the system appears completely frozen or hung while processing an end-user command or operation.You may need to install the latest updates for your display driver, so that it properly supports the TDR process.Hardware issues that impact the ability of the video card to operate properly, including:
    - Over-clocked components, such as the motherboard
    - Incorrect component compatibility and settings (especially memory configuration and timings)
    - Insufficient system cooling
    - Insufficient system power
    - Defective parts (memory modules, motherboards, etc.)Visual effects, or too many programs running in the background may be slowing your PC down so that the video card can not respond as necessary.

U can test your GPU Performance & Temperature via FurMark:

FurMark - GPU Stress Test

UPDATE:

BSODs occur at IDLE I see. Maybe there is an Problem with "hibernate" or your Performance Plan too. Just for testing try to disable it:

Hibernate - Enable or Disable in Windows 10

You can set up your machine to high performance (hibernate & fastboot disabled) with this commands for cmd too (elevated):

Code: powercfg -restoredefaultschemes powercfg -setactive SCHEME_MIN powercfg -x -monitor-timeout-ac 0 powercfg -x -monitor-timeout-dc 0 powercfg -x -disk-timeout-ac 0 powercfg -x -disk-timeout-dc 0 powercfg -x -standby-timeout-ac 0 powercfg -x -standby-timeout-dc 0 powercfg -x -hibernate-timeout-ac 0 powercfg -x -hibernate-timeout-dc 0 powercfg -hibernate off[/quote]

BSODHunter, Jan 29, 2017
  5. KelleySp Win User
    Update: I ran the powercfg commands and have not had a BSOD since. Thanks for the help BSODHunter.

KelleySp, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

BSOD during times of inactivity.

1. BSOD during times of inactivity. - Similar Threads - BSOD during times

2. inactivity screen time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    inactivity screen time: First, english is not my first language so i'm sorry if i use any wrong terms. i installed windows 10 on my notebook recently and i'm having trouble altering the energy settings. as default, after one minute of inactivity, the system blocks the screen, i tried to change it on...
  3. BSOD ~50% of the time during startup, ~20% of the time while gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD ~50% of the time during startup, ~20% of the time while gaming: Hello all - Frequently having BSOD issues during startup. It will collect, claim it will restart (it never does), which requires me to hard shut down the machine. The other half of the time, I'm able to log in, open a game (League of Legends most recently), and it will...
  4. automatic shut down time for inactivity is too short.

in Windows 10 Customization
    automatic shut down time for inactivity is too short.: I need to set the inactive time on the computer longer than it is. It shuts down in a few minutes. Looking up items and making notes is bothersome as I need to continually ....
  5. Bsod during recovery

Bsod during recovery: I m getting bsod during recovery. I can't go into system not even in safe mode.the error code are system thread exception not handled and driver less or equal.i have hp notebook 15 bs637tu windows 10 home single language. I have tried both hp recovery media and bootable usb...
  6. wifi keyboard and mouse inactive during POST

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    wifi keyboard and mouse inactive during POST: I use a Logitech K330 usb/wifi keyboard and mouse which works fine once Windows 10 is booted. However, I wish to get into the UEFI (of my ASROCK 990X Extreme6) and find that the keyboard/mouse is not working and I can't, therefore, use the F2 entry to the UEFI when the Bios...
  7. BSOD while laptop is inactive, 0x0000009f

BSOD while laptop is inactive, 0x0000009f: Hi, I'm using a Surface Book, and have been having random BSODs when the computer is asleep. Would very much appreciate help identifying the issue! 68136
  8. bsod screen at random times during use

bsod screen at random times during use: My pc was bumped over on its side several days ago and now it is giving me bsod randomly at times. My temperatures are good on both my cpu and gpu. I ran windows disk checks on both SSD's and also a memory check which all reported good. The bsod screens seem to be completely...
  9. BSOD during CSGO

BSOD during CSGO: Link for memory dump files minidump and memory.dmp Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online. I get this previously in CSGO. After doing a clean reinstallation of Windows 10, I am getting this issue again. I do not know what is...
  10. A couple of random BSODs when PC is inactive

A couple of random BSODs when PC is inactive: Hello, I used to have massive problems with my old setup, but thanks to axe0's attention I have fixed it all. Since then, I've upgraded my rig, and ever since I've got a couple of seemingly random BSOD-s. They seem to happen when PC is left idle. Ie. 30-40 mins of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. runas inactive user bsod

2. BSOD after inactivity and only %0 NO LOG FILE