Windows 10: BSOD during Youtube videos on Asus running Win 10

Discus and support BSOD during Youtube videos on Asus running Win 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've seen this has been a minor problem recently for several posters. The generic update drivers and similar basic attempts have done nothing to change... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by bryguy1231, Jul 2, 2017.

1. BSOD during Youtube videos on Asus running Win 10

I've seen this has been a minor problem recently for several posters. The generic update drivers and similar basic attempts have done nothing to change the situation. I only get a Watchdog Exception reset during Youtube videos, whether played on Chrome or Edge. This can be directly on Youtube website, or linked player from some other site. Sometimes my mouse will lock up and audio/video freezes or makes weird noises, but then recovers. Typically, though, it just goes to the BSOD.

:)

bryguy1231, Jul 2, 2017

2. error in windows 10 unexpected kernel mode trap

It is not just the youtube video that causes the problem. The video runs without incident on other Win 10 machines.

I tried running another program today and same BSOD.

I tried doing a System Restore. When I log in after the restore, I get a message that the restore did not complete.

The laptop is a Dell Precision. It is a few years old now but still able to run Autodesk Inventor 2018 and AutoCAD 2018 without problems until Monday.

Thanks

Murray

MurrayPeart, Jul 2, 2017
  3. BSOD System Thread Exception Not Handled

I got an ASUS laptop 5 months ago right after Windows 10 came out, and then upgraded from Windows 8 to Windows 10. For the past 5 months I've encountered 0 problems until today, when i got a BSOD when watching a Youtube video with the message: BSOD System
    Thread Exception Not Handled.

I tried uploading or reading the dump file that was created, but I got "Access denied" every time. What should I do?

RedFlorist, Jul 2, 2017
  4. zbook New Member

BSOD during Youtube videos on Asus running Win 10

Code: The WinDefend service failed to start due to the following error: Windows cannot verify the digital signature for this file. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source.[/quote] Code: Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x80070643: Definition Update for Windows Defender - KB2267602 (Definition 1.227.1846.0).[/quote] Code: BugCheck 74, {2, ffffe10032d86a70, 1, ffffffffc000014c}Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!CmpLoadHiveThread+a3ce7 )[/quote] Code: BugCheck 133, {0, 501, 500, 0}Probably caused by : Unknown_Image ( ANALYSIS_INCONCLUSIVE )[/quote] Code: ffffd000`25446870 fffff801`39f03000Unable to load image rtwlane.sys, Win32 error 0n2*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for rtwlane.sys*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for rtwlane.sys rtwlane+0x383000[/quote] Code: BugCheck 133, {0, 501, 500, 0}*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for rtwlane.sys*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for rtwlane.sysProbably caused by : rtwlane.sys ( rtwlane+30918 )[/quote]
    Code: BugCheck 133, {0, 501, 500, 0}*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for rtwlane.sys*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for rtwlane.sysProbably caused by : rtwlane.sys ( rtwlane+30918 )[/quote]
    rtwlane.sys
    rtwlane.sys Realtek PCI-E Wireless LAN NIC NDIS Driver http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...Level=4&Conn=3
    Realtek

Open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste:

1) winver (in the pop up about windows > view your windows version and build > type this information into the thread)

2) sfc /scannow

3) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

4) chkdsk /scan

When these have completed > right click on the top bar or title bar of the administrative command prompt box > left click on edit then select all > right click on the top bar again > left click on copy > paste into the thread

5) Perform windows updates and post any failed KB# with error code.

6) Run windows defender in full mode. Please report the results into the thread.

7) Uninstall the Realtek PCI-E Wireless Lan driver using device manager.
    Reinstall this Realtek driver using the Asus web site.
    Enter your computer's serial or product number with the operating system.
    In case a suitable driver is not available an alternative is the Realtek web site: Realtek
    However Asus approved drivers are preferred.

zbook, Jul 2, 2017
  5. philc43 Win User
    I agree this error is being seen more and more on ASUS systems with the May 2017 version of rtwlane.sys network driver that Windows seems to update.

The solution seems to be to go back to the network driver provided by ASUS for your motherboard and to prevent W10 from automatically updating drivers. For your system there is a Version*V10.9.422.2016.01 from 2016 that you should install and if this fails there is one earlier one from 2015 available.

philc43, Jul 2, 2017
  6. Version 1511 (OS Build 10586.962)
    Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.10586](c) 2015 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.C:\WINDOWS\system32>winverC:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc /scannowBeginning system scan. This process will take some time.Beginning verification phase of system scan.Verification 100% complete.Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repairedthem. Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. Forexample C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. Note that logging is currently notsupported in offline servicing scenarios.C:\WINDOWS\system32>dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealthDeployment Image Servicing and Management toolVersion: 10.0.10586.0Image Version: 10.0.10586.0[==========================100.0%==========================]The restore operation completed successfully.The operation completed successfully.C:\WINDOWS\system32>chkdskk /scan'chkdskk' is not recognized as an internal or external command,operable program or batch file.C:\WINDOWS\system32>chkdsk /scanThe type of the file system is NTFS.Stage 1: Examining basic file system structure ... 316672 file records processed.File verification completed. 14271 large file records processed. 0 bad file records processed.Stage 2: Examining file name linkage ... 398836 index entries processed.Index verification completed. 0 unindexed files scanned. 0 unindexed files recovered to lost and found.Stage 3: Examining security descriptors ...Security descriptor verification completed. 41083 data files processed.CHKDSK is verifying Usn Journal... 41945624 USN bytes processed.Usn Journal verification completed.Windows has scanned the file system and found no problems.No further action is required. 487591935 KB total disk space. 414271776 KB in 230459 files. 154136 KB in 41084 indexes. 0 KB in bad sectors. 443191 KB in use by the system. 65536 KB occupied by the log file. 72722832 KB available on disk. 4096 bytes in each allocation unit. 121897983 total allocation units on disk. 18180708 allocation units available on disk.C:\WINDOWS\system32>

-- No updates from Windows, no failed KB#s

-- Full scan via Windows Defender found SoftwareBundler:Win32/Prepscram in an EaseUS data recovery program folder, which was removed as suggested.

Replacing the Realtek PCI-E Wireless Lan driver as instructed.

Edited -- Had a lot of difficulty downgrading the Realtek driver. Using any of the packaged installers or manually telling it to use the older driver just resulted in the newest version ending up reinstalling. I tried deleting all the more recent drivers from the system, but most were locked. I eventually did end up with an option to rollback to a 2015 driver which is what I've done now. I went into Updates and stopped the automatic updating. Now to test.

bryguy1231, Jul 2, 2017
  7. philc43 Win User
    Please let us know if the older Realtek driver is working OK for you. A lot of recent posts have been about this type of BSOD and so anything you can share of your experience in fixing it will be appreciated.

philc43, Jul 2, 2017
  8. BSOD during Youtube videos on Asus running Win 10

Have ran several hours of Youtube, straight and in breaks. No issues whatsoever. I have no idea what files Windows Resource Protection had to repair but I'm presuming my issue was indeed the 05/17 update of the Realtek driver rtwlane.sys. I tried several ways of going backwards with drivers but even with other forum helps, no matter what I manually or installer tried, it would say "Sure, I'll use the old driver," and then end up with, "All done, here's your 05/17 driver as you requested." After so many struggles, I eventually had the 2015 version as an option for Rollback to Older Driver and that's how I finally got it shoved into my OS. Hate hate hate. I locked out automatic updates from Windows afterwards. Thanks for walking me through the Find My Problem steps, guys. You're awesome.

bryguy1231, Jul 3, 2017
  9. And the Windows Creator update overwrote me again, updating to the most recent rtwlane.sys driver. Sure enough, they "CREATED" the Youtube video failure situation again. No rollback option on the driver, but I have the old driver still on my system and will be fighting to put it back into place. Curses!

bryguy1231, Sep 29, 2017
  10. zbook New Member
    zbook, Sep 29, 2017
  11. Thanks for the link. I hadn't done the obvious duh thing and searched for the methodology here. Google had informed me that I had to have the Pro version to be able to block specific drivers and I stopped at that point. My Install Driver and selecting the available 2015 version that still resided on my hard drive went through without a hiccup. Now I've told Windows to only update itself and stay away from the Realtek drivers.

bryguy1231, Sep 29, 2017
  12. zbook New Member
    Great. I,m glad you got it so it will no longer upgrade automatically.
    The 2017 driver has been problematic.
    We have been rolling back for months and most of the roll backs were several months ago.

zbook, Sep 29, 2017
  13. axe0 New Member

Most of the options, if not all, in the tutorial cannot be performed with Windows 10 Home.

14. Per the link, Option 4 includes those other than Pro, Enterprise, and Education. "All editions can use Option Four below to set this policy."
    I know it's just a registry change flagging Update to 'just fix yourself, ya bossy taskmaster!' and the next update pushed out by Microsoft may ignore the registry setting. If it happens again during any future update, I'll append more to this post. As of now, I've set the flag to leave my other drivers alone, rolled back my driver again to the 2015 one I managed to shoehorn in previously, and Youtube hasn't crashed since. Fingers crossed!

bryguy1231, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD during Youtube videos on Asus running Win 10 - Similar Threads - BSOD during Youtube

2. BSOD during youtube video as well as random reboots during the day

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD during youtube video as well as random reboots during the day: I am having some problems the past few days, my computer has been randomly rebooting during the day, and just recently, while watching Youtube, my computer was given the BSOD message popupHere are some dump files that I have collceted over a short period, as well as a bit of...
  3. BSOD during youtube video as well as random reboots during the day

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD during youtube video as well as random reboots during the day: I am having some problems the past few days, my computer has been randomly rebooting during the day, and just recently, while watching Youtube, my computer was given the BSOD message popupHere are some dump files that I have collceted over a short period, as well as a bit of...
  4. BSOD during youtube video as well as random reboots during the day

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Asus laptop crashing during fullscreen YouTube playback

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asus laptop crashing during fullscreen YouTube playback: As the title says, I am running into an issue on my Asus Zenbook 14 laptop where the screen sometimes freezes during fullscreen YouTube playback, eventually resulting in the system crashing. It usually happens after 10-30 minutes of watching YouTube. My brother has a similar...
  6. Asus laptop crashing during fullscreen YouTube playback

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Asus laptop crashing during fullscreen YouTube playback: As the title says, I am running into an issue on my Asus Zenbook 14 laptop where the screen sometimes freezes during fullscreen YouTube playback, eventually resulting in the system crashing. It usually happens after 10-30 minutes of watching YouTube. My brother has a similar...
  7. BSOD playing KOTOR 1/2 and Sometimes During YouTube Videos

BSOD playing KOTOR 1/2 and Sometimes During YouTube Videos: My BSODs never fully make it to an actual blue screen. It makes the crashing noise and things freeze up. Then it will go back to where I left off in the game. I wasn't super concerned about it due to the fact that I was playing KOTOR which is 11+ years old. However, I have...
  8. Multiple BSODs tending to be during YouTube Videos with audio hang

Multiple BSODs tending to be during YouTube Videos with audio hang: Hey team, I need a bit of a hand with some BSODs that I have been getting as of late. It started about two weeks ago but has progressively gotten worse. I have noticed that when YouTube is playing in the background and I am scrolling on a webpage it tends to be a good recipe...
  9. BSOD During youtube videos

BSOD During youtube videos: So i very recently did a clean install of windows 10 and have experienced 2 BSOD since then and only when i was watching youtube videos. I did some of my own troubleshooting and tried reinstalling drivers but i got a second BSOD shortly after. Any help is greatly...
  10. Multiple BSOD's during games and youtube videos

Multiple BSOD's during games and youtube videos: Hello, I'm hesitant posting this here because I suspect it's a hadware problem, but since I have only experienced bsod's so far I thought it would be best to start here. So when using my home build PC, certain games and watching videos on the internet in general have...